Favorite *Healthy* Starbucks Drinks

Options
So, I admit it... I LOVE starbucks, but not the calories and carbs that accompany many of my favorite drinks. So I figured I'd post a topic and see if we can share our favorite low cal/low carb starbucks options (and Im sure there are many).
Right now I really enjoy a short tazo chai latte with a shot of expresso- 105 calories / 22 carbs (ish) cant remember all on the top of my head. But its small, and satisfying to an extent.. but would love some more coffee-holic ideas. :D

Thanks Guys!

Nisha Rae :drinker:

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Chai lattes with skim milk, no added sugar or topping (chai is spiced black tea)
    Plain latte with skim milk and no added sugar or topping.
  • tititran
    Options
    I like all of their Light drinks. Skim milk, sugar-free syrup. I don't know if it's bad for you but as long as it keeps my calories under control, i'm totally fine.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I like all of their Light drinks. Skim milk, sugar-free syrup. I don't know if it's bad for you but as long as it keeps my calories under control, i'm totally fine.

Sugar free stuff is horrible for you! chemicalschemicalschemicals Unless it's a natural artificial sweetener.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I plan on treating myself to one of these tomorrow morning.

Awake Tea Nonfat Latte - Tall 120 calories or a Grande 160 calories
    Nonfat Caramel Machiato - Tall 160 calories

Starbucks also has a quick listing on their website of drinks under 200 calories:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200
  • tititran
    Options

Sugar free stuff is horrible for you! chemicalschemicalschemicals Unless it's a natural artificial sweetener.

I KNEW IT ! I KNEW THAT I CAN'T EASILY CHEAT...:(...However I only indulge it once in a while. I drink about 8 cups of tea everyday. Fresh brewed tea with skim milk.

So can i cheat a little, please ? :P
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    this is right up my alley. I love the chai tea latte, nonfat no whip of course
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I like a coffee with 2 espresso shots one squirt of sf vanilla a splenda and a splash of cream..... cream is the only thing that costs ya :drinker:
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My go-to drink almost every day is the SKINNY VANILLA LATTE! Size tall (what I always get) is only 90 CALORIES and 10g of protein from the skim milk! Really fills you up and is pretty good for you :)
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What I prefer to do is lay off the syrups.
    So, traditionally it goes like so:
    TALL DRINKS: 3 pumps of syrups (even in a Peppermint Mocha it's 3 pumps Peppermint, and 3 pumps Mocha. WOW!)
    GRANDE DRINKS: 4 pumps of syrups
    VENTI DRINKS: 5 pumps of syrups
    I find that one pump is sufficient for a tall, 2 for grande, and 3 for venti. And if you want to indulge in the holiday spirit, a soy Gingerbread Latte is your lowest in calories at 190! And delicious! :D (My favorite)
    Nixing the whip and adding soy milk on any drink makes it sweeter, too!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Plain, Black Coffee or Tea.................

Nothing added.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latté. A size small/tall is 60 calories, only 1 WW point.

If you get the hot version I believe it’s about 100 calories. Since I hate the taste of coffee I don’t get the hot version, it doesn’t taste as sweet as the iced one.

Ps: this drink of course comes with no whip but for other items you are ordering, always say no whip, it's 7g fat!!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My favorite lately is a grande drip coffee with 2 pumps of peppermint and about 2 tablespoons of nonfat milk. Sometimes I add a splenda packet also, sometimes I don't.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

"Natural artificial sweetener" huh? Well isn't that a mouthful of contradiction.

4/5 adults WILL get cancer in their lifetime, whether aspartame and splenda contribute to that has not yet been proven. Live a little or just let others live and don't be so preachy.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My go-to drink almost every day is the SKINNY VANILLA LATTE! Size tall (what I always get) is only 90 CALORIES and 10g of protein from the skim milk! Really fills you up and is pretty good for you :)

This is my choice also.
    Skinny vanilla latte TALL with a extra shot of espresso no foam about 140degrees. Hits the spot every time.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I love the skinny vanilla latte! Only 90 calories! AWESOME!!!

My new favorite at virtually NO calories is a Pike drip coffee with a cold soy topper (they use Silk Vanilla) with 1 packet of Splenda! Sweet enough with a touch of vanilla flavor without the syrup. (shoot me if you must for the splenda but, hey, I LOVE it!)
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    i love love love the nonfat iced caramel macchiato!!!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

There are no such things as Natural Artifiicial sweetener...........

Stevia is a natural sweetener alternative to sugar.

Aspartame, Sucralose (splenda) are just artificial sweeteners.
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options

"Natural artificial sweetener" huh? Well isn't that a mouthful of contradiction.

4/5 adults WILL get cancer in their lifetime, whether aspartame and splenda contribute to that has not yet been proven. Live a little or just let others live and don't be so preachy.

i agree! although i have gone a little overboard on the starbucks lately....i get 1 decaf and 1 reg americanos with sugar free vanilla about 4 days a week.... not only am i concerned about the $$ but i know the sugar free stuff is no good for me. i have stopped drinking and amoking cigarettes, so i guess starbucks is the lesser fo 2 evils right??
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I love the light carmel frapp! Tastes just like the regular, and you don't miss the whipped cream at all. :) Yum! I think it's around 110 calories, and it's more a "dessert" than just a drink. ( I'd rather spend 100-something calories on frozen coffee than a soda or something. )
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    black coffee.

Water!