Favorite *Healthy* Starbucks Drinks

Options

Replies

• Orangiejo
    Options
    recently disovered a "white mocha americano". its just espresso, hot water and a bit of white mocha (you can ask for more or less depending). a tall with two pumps is only 60 calories! add a bit of skim milk to make it creamier. yummm.

YES! This is amazing! Also many places (not Starbucks yet) has Sugar Free White Chocolate Mocha flavoring and it is VERY good! I am in the final stretch of a competition at my gym so when I feel I actually need something I have an Americano with sugar free mocha flavoring. It honestly tastes like a real mocha to me! Only 10 calories per shot of coffee - the flavoring is 0.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I ADORE the praline mocha frappacino light. When I'm in Cyprus they do coconut mocha frap light which is gorgeous.
  • Panda_Warrior
    Options
    Tall Passion Tea with Rasberry syrup :D downgrading to tall now :laugh:
  • marquesj
    marquesj Posts: 47
    Options
    The NEW Skinny Mocha is my new Favorite and it is made with Stevia!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Grande brew, black. I don't like the sweet stuff. Sweet would be double espresso con pana..two shots of espresso with whipped cream. Haven't done that one in a while.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I get a venti latte iced usually with soy milk. The soy milk is for two reasons, one it is way higher in protein then skim milk, so the calories are at least good for something and two I can tollerate so much dairy unless it is in cheese or yogurt. Something with enzymes to help me digest it. But I think I would still do soy if I didnt have my mild allergy. I then do any combination of there sugar free syrups. It has been awhile but sometimes I would get pretty creative.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I try to not go to Starbucks or other coffee places too often because they're just so darn expensive but when I do want a treat from Starbucks I get their shaken black tea (unsweet). It's a little different tasting than normal iced tea and has no calories, fat, carbs or anything else. I love it!

Going to try this. I love iced tea and love to try new things thanks!
  • miKACKsh
    miKACKsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG no one said steamed milk ... i LOVE starbucks steamed milk. i always order a non fat steamed milk with half no sugar vanilla syrup. EXCELLENT beverage. i also really love the protein snack pack ...
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    With warm weather approaching, I'd tend toward an iced mocha with low fat or soy milk and no whipped cream, coming in at 97 calories (whipped cream would more than double it! 150 calories for theirs!). I can live with that, considering I don't go to Starbucks too much, plus on hot days it's so nice that you get the ice even after the coffee is done. I also don't do artificial sweeteners.

Now on a cold day (or depending on my mood) I'd probably tend toward a cappuccino with no added sugar, not just at Starbucks, but in general. I'm not sure how many calories are in one of those, but it's unsweetened so I wouldn't think it'd be too bad.

Or an americana without adding any sugar or milk (or maybe just a little bit of low fat/soy milk because I really do prefer it with milk).
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Grande half caf soy latte -- 130 cals I think. They use vanilla soy milk so it's a little sweet without the addition of the chemical-laden syrups. I personally don't like they way anything artificially sweetened tastes.
  • wonderlilly
    wonderlilly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Lilly, and I am a Starbucksaholic ;)

Great suggestions and posts. Lately I have been trying to taper coffee a little (GASP!) so the nonfat, sugar-free chai has been my option. In the past I have tried to lower my latte and do a "misto" instead, which is steamed milk and house coffee- it ends up being a cheaper coffee habit as well!!

Also- black coffee is coming back into style. You'd be amazed how many calories you can drop by getting into that habit. I just heard about a coffee shop in LA that doesn't offer creamer/sugar, you HAVE to drink it "authentically". So maybe we can start a trend.

But if we're being honest, I will take the hit of the coffee calories, I'd rather suffer in the food department than give up my favorite drinks!! ;)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    only thing worth drinking at starbucks is black coffee
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the venti skinny peppermint mocha with no whip cream. It is still about 170 calories but oh so worth it :). Only thing there I really like.
  • LoveLivingHealthy
    Options
    soy latte :)
  • sanghera_04
    Options
    Has got to be an Americano or Double Espresso :)
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I know its not coffee but I looove their passion iced tea... unsweetened. so good.
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I always try to stick with the iced drinks, they tend to be lower in calories. With that said, my go to order is a venti, nonfat, no whip mocha and when I'm really sleepy, I add a shot. Its only 250 calories, so I don't feel so bad.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I always get an iced skinny vanilla latte. :)
  • Phoenix_Angel
    Options
    My go-to drink almost every day is the SKINNY VANILLA LATTE! Size tall (what I always get) is only 90 CALORIES and 10g of protein from the skim milk! Really fills you up and is pretty good for you :)

Same here. And for the same reasons :)