what are the benefits of fish oil

Options
2»

Replies

• chrisloters
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    It's supposed to help with depression, too, but they took high doses in the study. I take the dosage recommended on the bottle. I don't know if it does anything. I take regular capsules and rarely get fish burps. I tried an orange flavored mixture once that was pretty good. I got it as a sample.
    - Anything in excess could be bad but who knows, my doc and dietician recommended a maximum of 3g per dayof essential fatty acids, the ones that i'm taking contain 800mg EPA 600DHA so i'm only taking 2-3gel caps a day... I haven't had any fish burps, taking it after meal, chilled gel caps may also works for issues on fish burbs.

• SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I take cod liver oil capsules, one a day, as I don't have good joints. They're really cheap to buy here in the UK, I can get a bottle of 70 for £1, not sure about your neck of the woods though.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    It's supposed to help with depression, too, but they took high doses in the study. I take the dosage recommended on the bottle. I don't know if it does anything. I take regular capsules and rarely get fish burps. I tried an orange flavored mixture once that was pretty good. I got it as a sample.
    - Anything in excess could be bad but who knows, my doc and dietician recommended a maximum of 3g per dayof essential fatty acids, the ones that i'm taking contain 800mg EPA 600DHA so i'm only taking 2-3gel caps a day... I haven't had any fish burps, taking it after meal, chilled gel caps may also works for issues on fish burbs.

Thank you. I will try chilling them
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It is a blood thinner. Be aware of that if you are already on medications that can interfere with it -- like aspirin.