Replies

• aurorareigns
    Options
    Anything is possible.

Does it make it a good idea? No idea.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your MFP friend isn't married. Like really make sure. "Going through a separation," is still married.
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    I hope you're both single...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Well, I met my husband playing World of Warcraft. He drunk-crashed our raid one night on the program we were using to talk to each other. We connected (I still love his voice and fun personality), started video-chatting, and then actually met several months later. 10 months of flying back and forth went by, then my job moved me to another state and he decided to make the jump and came with me. That was back in 2011 - we're now married and have a 14 month old daughter. Anything is possible if you are willing to take the chance and put the effort into it! Long distance is not easy, but when you find the person who is truly worth it, you'll be amazed at what you will do to make things work. You won't know until you ask and try! Good luck. :drinker:
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I know people who have met on here and have great relationships with each other. Is it possible? Absolutely. But if it's long distance, that increases the degree of difficulty exponentially.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to meet someone on here and form a strong relationship with a member of the opposite sex. No, I don't think this is a dating site and no, this is not my first post. This is a second account I made just to ask this question and to hide my true identity. I ask because I think I maybe falling for one of my mfp friends and I think they feel the same.

♥♥♥♥ Yes, I do feel the same. ♥♥♥♥
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    Just make sure your MFP friend isn't married. Like really make sure. "Going through a separation," is still married.

Aw, ya beat me to it!
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I, personally wouldn't do long distance, but I did meet my boyfriend online. I don't see the problem. I would suggest meeting in person early on though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to meet someone on here and form a strong relationship with a member of the opposite sex. No, I don't think this is a dating site and no, this is not my first post. This is a second account I made just to ask this question and to hide my true identity. I ask because I think I maybe falling for one of my mfp friends and I think they feel the same.

i am completely in lust with one of my MFPals.... does that count!?
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

As long as you keep yourself safe when meeting this person it is fine. However, saying that you think you are falling for this person is silly. You only are seeing them at their best, when they have the time to consider what they are typing and such. I wouldn't even consider those feelings true love until you have been seeing them for quite a while.
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    I'm not sure. I send out lots of junk pics but the girls ignore it. I mean, I'm just trying to give them an idea of what I have to offer before we get married.

What am I doing wrong?

I started taking them from the side. Much better response percentage. Good luck man!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    You have something against meeting someone online. Its 2014. Times changes from traditional dating. Unfortunate for me long distance sucks so hopefully this person lives close to you. Some people do the long distance thing fine. I cannot and will not.
    agree with all of this, especially the long distance part. been there, done that, no thank you.

OP, keep in mind internet personas differ from real life vastly in many cases. if you do end up pursuing this keep in mind you may end up disappointed

Don't entirely agree with that. I'm the same on here as i am in RL. take me as you find me, don't like me phut, I wont lose any sleep over it. Still stand by my first statement. Nah not on here.
    you think so, but what you say online has no tone to put it into perspective, you have all the time in the world to come up with a witty or informative, well thought out answer when irl if you're thinking silently for more than 3 seconds when it comes time to talk you look like a fool.

also i said many, not all. surely some people are the same irl (i personally try to talk online as i would irl) but you never know until meeting them
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can find an actual relationship from this site, more of just a hook up site!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Yes.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online, on a different (not dating) website. 5 years later we're still together, but still long distance.

You should talk to this person. If it doesn't pan out, it doesn't pan out.

Of course it's "possible," but as with any relationship, it's also possible that it will be a catastrophe.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've seen both successful and unsuccessful relationships evolve from friendships on this site.

ETA: Re-read OP and saw the second account part. I thought you said "no I didn't just start a second account."

Sure, it's possible.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    you are aware that its against guidelines to create a second account for any reason, right?
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You'll never know what sort of relationship might be possible with this person until you talk to them about it.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

How many times do I have to tell you to stop stalking me!!!!