Serious Relationship Question

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    You couldn't have been on this site for more than 7 days. No one falls that fast. Especially online.

I've seen both successful and unsuccessful relationships evolve from friendships on this site. But... not that damn fast!

in the OP, she/he states they created a second account just to ask this question.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You couldn't have been on this site for more than 7 days. No one falls that fast. Especially online.

I've seen both successful and unsuccessful relationships evolve from friendships on this site. But... not that damn fast!

in the OP, she/he states they created a second account just to ask this question.

Yes, I read it wrong. I missed a punctuation.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Please I already have like 2 dozen crushes on guys AND girls here. Well, cyber mini crushes that will lead to nothing but it's fun to admire.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Do you really mean if it possible if one, or both, of you is married?
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you can make a bond with someone over the net, it's the meeting in person that will let you know if the bond is true and strong. I dated a guy a long time ago that I met after he called me by mistake. He dialed the wrong number, got me, we started to talk and 2 hours later he had my phone number. We talked more and more and eventually met up. We dated for over a year. Anything is possible.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I hope you are not continents apart.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    It's possible, been there done that, but it ultimately didn't work out. I have people on my FL that met here and are currently in a relationship and another couple that got married not too long ago.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online, on a different (not dating) website. 5 years later we're still together, but still long distance.

You should talk to this person. If it doesn't pan out, it doesn't pan out.

Of course it's "possible," but as with any relationship, it's also possible that it will be a catastrophe.

So what you're saying is, you're technically single? Sup girl.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Do you really mean if it possible if one, or both, of you is married?

You are married and we have a great relationship! How you got him to agree with it I will never know...
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online, on a different (not dating) website. 5 years later we're still together, but still long distance.

Of course it's "possible," but as with any relationship, it's also possible that it will be a catastrophe.

How YOU doin'?
  • ximenia
    ximenia Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It depends. I met my boyfriend online, and we've been together for 4 years and are very compatible. However, I also met 2 of my exes online. The big difference between my current and my exes is that they were long distance and he was local. LDR's don't work.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

How YOU doin'?

Depends how you let me. HEYO
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    <---- Met this guy, who lives 10 miles away from me, on MFP.

The odds are more likely you'll fall for someone half way around the world and struggle with the whole long distance thing instead of finding Mr./Miss Right just down the road. But you never know.

Also, junk pics and boobs really increase your odds for love.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It depends. I met my boyfriend online, and we've been together for 4 years and are very compatible. However, I also met 2 of my exes online. The big difference between my current and my exes is that they were long distance and he was local. LDR's don't work.

Not always the case. Just the case for you...
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Very broad brush you're using there. I have someone on my FL who married her LDR and they were from different countries.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,785 Member
    Options
    If you live close enough to meet in person go have coffee and see how it goes.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It's possible to meet someone online and fall in love, then have a lasting relationship offline.

I met my boyfriend online, the first time we met is the first time we moved in together; over seven years later, we're still together.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    LDR's don't work.

Psh... maybe not for you... I met my husband (not online though) and then we had an LDR for 3 years because we were going to two different schools... did we have problems, sure... but obviously we made up for it as we are married and have been for 6 years now. LDR's work if you want it to....

anyway... OP listen to NIKE.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If you live close enough to meet in person go have coffee and see how it goes.

Coffee or "coffee"? Either one works imo.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to meet someone on here and form a strong relationship with a member of the opposite sex. No, I don't think this is a dating site and no, this is not my first post. This is a second account I made just to ask this question and to hide my true identity. I ask because I think I maybe falling for one of my mfp friends and I think they feel the same.

On here? Trust me my friend. Be very careful. You'll be the one that gets hurt.

I hope, for your hearts sake, I'm wrong!