NSV: I Jogged .25 Mile Without Stopping. Yes, A BIG Deal

Options

Replies

• kellytenbrinke
    kellytenbrinke Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's a major accomplishment indeed! I am in the same weight range you are: 218 (started at 237), and my goal is 150 pounds. I have been working up to being able to run a 3 mile stretch (5k) through a couch to 5k program I found online. I never realized how out of shape I was until I started this. So, being able to run .25k without stopping is a major milestone. It will just keep getting easier and before you know it you'll be jogging much farther than that. Be proud, you deserve to be!
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Well done!! Keep going. I HATED running at school - avoided it wherever possible. I started a C25K (couch to 5K) program about 6 weeks ago (it's a 9 week program) and I'm loving it! Really into my runs now & they start you off very gradually with walking -->jogging --> walking. If you want a more 'structured' way to train it might help you.

This week (W5, D3) I did my first non-stop run of 20 mins - something I never thought was possible before I started this program.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT NSV and you should be very proud!! Just keep going! Before you know it, you'll be jogging a mile without breaking a sweat! :drinker:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! I was the same way in high school: not heavy but couldn't run 1 lap around the track to save my life! Now I've run 3 5ks and am training for a HM. High five!!!
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I swear this could have been my own post. I can completely relate to you nsv, as I, too, jogged .25 mile last week without rest!!
    You go!!! Be proud and celebrate!!! Great job!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Grats! That is great:)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • baybear14
    baybear14 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    :::happy dance::: :)
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!
  • marylynndrake
    marylynndrake Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is fabulous! So excited for you. What a great success!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    high five for awesomeness!!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this!! What a great accomplishment for you! It is helpful to me, too, because I just started working on running last week. I am trying to build up the running time vs walking time, but I'm not up to where you are yet. You've given me hope that it will get better. Congrats!!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I remember when I did my first 1/4 mi it's a great accomplishment.

High-Five-GIF-1.gif
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!

Your next step: Quit calling it "jogging" and OWN IT for what it really is: "running".

You'll notice in this thread that those of us who do (or did) run never use the word "jog". We see it as you're either walking or you're running. Even if you're running slowly, it ain't a walk, so it must be a run! :-)

Resist the urge to downplay it: You ran. You are a runner!

Keep up the great work!
  • LoseandWin555
    Options
    Fabulous job! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That IS a big deal. You should be very proud. In fact all of you guys with stories to tell should be!
  • CuckooGoose
    CuckooGoose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well Done, give yourself a BIG pat on the back, little steps lead to great achievements. Keep goin x
  • beths4kids
    Options
    You can do this! It IS a big deal. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!