any women over 250lbs

Options
kimikat91
kimikat91 Posts: 24 Member
Hey girls...i weigh 256 pounds and im miserable. I been wanting to lose weight for over a year..everytime i feel motivated ill start dieting and exercising and then get mad and frustrated and stop..anyone feel the same.

Replies

• ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I started less than 2 months ago. I've already gone from 275 to 259.
  • alecandstevensmom3
    Options
    Same here. I have been eating healthy for about 6 weeks now it is finally starting to make a difference. Its been one of those things with me that if I cannot see some sort of difference in a few days I give up but I have pushed past that this time and am on the right track.. I know you can do too!!
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I think all of us, regardless of our starting weight, feel that way. I'm sorry to say that feeling never truly goes away, you just learn to cope with it better. I started out at 285 lbs but I'm down to about 235 now. I still have a long way to go, and it's still a struggle, but you have to remind yourself why you are doing this. It's not a temporary shortcut to a healthier, skinnier version of you. It's a life long change to keep you there once you reach your goal.
  • alyssamaryw
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I recently started at 265 and now I'm down to 241! It's a good feeling to be under 250. My goal is 150, so I still have a long way to go.
  • mommagettingfit
    mommagettingfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Start with a small goal...it's less overwhelming.

Even losing 10% of your starting weight will bring great rewards in terms of how you feel.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I started at 307 (granted I'm just about 6')...and I'm down to 285. It's hard work, but no one said it wasn't I have a long way to go, you just keep going until it's a habit, and then it feels easier.
  • bethnjon
    bethnjon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started today and not really looking forward to it but know it has to be done. I have tried before but always end ou cheating and quit, but this time I must stick to it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 307 to 262 and then joined MFP and now I'm at 174...you might think it's not possible for you but IT IS!!!

You don't have to be gung ho crazy dieting and working out. Be patient and stick with it, and you will see results. Don't think of it like "I have to deprive myself of yummy food and lose 20 lb by October 1st or else!" Think of it like...I'm going to stick with my daily calorie goal from now on, and in a year I will be down at least 50 lb. Don't let it ruin your life, but treat your calorie goal like it is the law and log every bite you eat (and sip you drink) HONESTLY and completely.
  • josephsgoddess
    josephsgoddess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yup. i don't diet, it just makes me eat more, but i've been counting calories and excercising and the i'm not seeing a huge difference. I know it's going to be a long slow battle tho so i just keep telling myself that quitting and going back to the way things were isn't going to do anything for me so i just keep chugging along.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Start with a small goal...it's less overwhelming.

Even losing 10% of your starting weight will bring great rewards in terms of how you feel.

Agreed. I was going to say this in my post. I have 100 or so to lose still and obviously staring at that huge number can be overwhelming. I focus on 10s for now, and when it slows will probably focus on other goals. I also set goals that are not scale related, to keep everything in focus.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Every time! I have reached out and networked here. It has become my new Facebook. Between that and diving into some challenges I have been able to keep at this for a longer period of time than I ever have before. :) For me finding those people that I would love to be RL friends with and keeping in touch with them and moving forward like them has been a great help. You can and will do this when you are ready. :) I wish you the best of luck finding your groove!
  • jnorris98
    Options
    Hey I'm new here starting out at 280 I have already lost 5 pounds of water weight lol. Feel free to add me. We need all the support we can get
  • onecatleadstoanother
    Options
    Every day you need to remember your motiviation. Small sustainable changes. It's about health and feeling better, not being thin. That's a positive side effect. Welcome to add me.
  • jreeves36
    jreeves36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm there too. I go in 20lb goals, its attainable, if i looked at the big picture of how much i need to lose, i'd be overwhelmed. you can do it, small changes. send me a friend request! i'm starting with small exercise goals because i'm just getting back to being able to walk after foot surgery in Feb. (no running for me!) If i can do it with a 4 inch screw in my foot and nerve pain you can too!
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm not there - BUT I was close, 245 lbs this time last year. Just weighed in at 217 today. I struggle with food, not so much the working out. I HATE healthy food... just do. But, working with it and really starting to see results I think. You can do it. You'll start LOVING when you hit each 10 pound goal - for me at least - and you become your own inspiration :) It makes it easier to go for that run, to eat that stupid freaking salad, to say no to that ice cream.
  • eslusar
    eslusar Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey I am 247lb and am miserable also, please add me and perhaps we can be supportive to one another.
  • singoldsby
    singoldsby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been a lurker for a long time, but have finally committed to it in the last month. My highest was 257lbs. I am currently 249. Really trying to stick with it this time!!
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i started at around 278

now i am below 250 at 241.

still when i see the title of this post i see myself as where i started, and not where i am... as far as the question.

started above 250... thats the name of my struggle.

anyway yes. i have started to try to lose weight for so long. only once before did i stick with anything long enough for decent results, and had given up and gained back even more... but when it did work it was because my best friend did it with me. when she and i stopped talking about it i ended up stopping.

MFP helps... people do it with you. add people who seem to share the same struggle as you... thats my suggestion. and visit them daily in your feed...
  • jlcrocker
    jlcrocker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everytime I start.... I have been battling my weight all my life. Just keep it up...if you need someone to talk to, or to just vent to. I am here. Let me know. I have found that with supporters. It makes it a lot easier... let me know.
  • kimikat91
    kimikat91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and motivation..i had lost 60 pounds before i got pregnant but i practically never ate. I think im going to start with little goals like 10 pounds. Im happy to kno there are other people out there in simimular situations.