any women over 250lbs

Options

Replies

• defatify
    defatify Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am currently 240, but I appreciate the info and encouragement in this thread!
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't get despondent, last October 2013 i found mfp and weighed in at just under 300lb, I still have a bit to go and will soon hit my 100 pound loss here. All in the space of just over 9 months. This is doable, but you have to set smaller goals to focus on. Drink plenty of water and then add another glass and walk. I hated walking when i started and in fact concentrated on just the food changes. February of this year i started walking and built up my speed and distance. Running is great for those it suits, but i would rather do brisk walk.
    So keep going sweety, it will all be worth it in the end.
  • jessileighross
    jessileighross Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started at 300. I am just getting started and it's definitely not easy. I still eat some things that I know that shouldn't and I still don't love not eating what I want (does anyone love that though?). I am already down 13 pounds and I just got started. The people on MFP are definitely helping me stay motivated! I was horrified when I realized I let myself get all the way up to 300 pounds! I couldn't believe it. I remember when I weighed 220 and was stressing over the 60 I needed to lose then. Now, I've more than doubled what i need to lose and I'm not letting myself get overwhelmed by it. The reason I haven't succeeded any of the times I've tried is getting overwhelmed. My first goal is to lose 30 pounds by the time I turn 30 (4 months) and I'm honestly thinking I can do even better than that. Feel free to add me as well! I'm logging in daily and I'm looking for all the motivational people I can find.
  • TonchoS
    TonchoS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Please feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
    For 18 days, I've lost almost 10 lbs (4.4kgs). It's so motivating to see the weight going down every day..... I still have a long way to go.
    I just discovered those message boards, so trying to figure out how everything works.
    :flowerforyou:
  • abear007
    abear007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    There's nothing that tries a person's patience more than trying to loose weight. Your weight spikes up when you think you've done well or it plateau's despite all the efforts. It can be a HUGE exercise is frustration which is why I would recommend that however you are eating, it's something you plan to do for the rest of your life - not something you are intending to stop once you reach the magic goal. It has to be a new way living, not just a temporary diet.

Once you have your mind set on the fact that it will be an ongoing thing, it's much easier to deal with the frustration and the upsets. It doesn't make any difference if the scale doesn't move for days or weeks or even if it bounces up a bit because you've chosen to eat healthier for the rest of your life, regardless of what the scale reads.
  • nikirayven
    Options
    Add me too if you want. I have not been under 200 since my first kid and she is 16 now  I was at 258 three weeks ago and I am at 245 today.  I also have a group of gals on Facebook and we motivate and share our recipes there too  Congrats on the start of your journey.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I started at 250, but have lost almost 70 so far... You CAN do it. Don't give up or get discouraged. Find what works for YOU and don't listen to everyone who tries to tell you how to do it. Weigh and measure everything you eat and log it faithfully... it gets easier the more you do it. And invest in a good pedometer. Challenge yoruself to take more steps everyday and track your progress.

Last, don't deny yourself anything, but do it in moderation. want chocolate cake? Fine, find a good low fat, low sugar one and have 1 serving.

You are the only one who can succeed or fail at this. Personally I think you will succeed. ;)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I want to add that I'm about halfway through. Started at 250, want to be 130-140 (have to figure it out when I get there), have lost 58 pounds and...

I'm STILL FAT. I've done a lot of work for a long time. I didn't just adjust portions, I've worked on making lifestyle changes to healthier habits and healthier food. I've been hungry. Ive exercised - I even go for walks in the summertime(but not very long ones). I've slipped. It's been a lot of work. I've had a lot of success. And I'm STILL fat.

I'm just beginning, now, to see what I may look like when I'm thin.

It's a long road.

I'm much happier than before and I feel Oh, So Much Better!

But if you have a lot to lose, you need some serious dedication. You must be highly motivated - from within.

Do it YOUR WAY. I don't do the math, know what all those acronyms (e.g. TDEE) are, buy gadgets, or - gasp - hold on to your hat - weigh all my food (egads!) or participate in the "moderate" amount of sweets and treats. That works for ME.

There are lots of ways to do it. Find the one YOU like that works for you. Don't worry if it's not the first way you try. You'll find your path.

Good luck to us all. :)
  • slimmingfairy
    slimmingfairy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out at 250lbs, lots of failed dieting attempts under my belt but just hit 30 and know I need a lifestyle change not a diet!
    Happy for people to add me and we can share our journeys x
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I started at 261. I'm down to 227 in 103 days. Feel free to add me!
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started at 275 about 7 months ago and am down to 199. I never thought I would see 100's again in my life. But it is not easy as you probably know. You have to want it and work at it. You have to get up every day and know that you have to put in the time and exercise. And you CANNOT STARVE YOURSELF. You have to eat healthy and be honest with yourself. Your not going to make it if you keep having too many off days of exercise or too many snacks and cheat meals. But it is all within ourselves to do this. Wishing you the best of luck and a great healthy day.
  • mary6468
    mary6468 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what I weighed at my highest weight, but if I had to guess it was probably in the 270's. When I first logged on to MFP in 2011 I was about 265 or so and didn't even try to use these forums or friendships. I've been overweight most of my adult life. What can I say but I love to eat. The part that really stinks is you have to eat to live so it's not like you can just stop eating cold turkey. So if I can't quit eating, I have to train my body and mind to eat smaller portions of better, nutritious food. I've been logging daily for the past 3 weeks and I hope this time it sticks as I'm really trying to make it a lifestyle change and not just a diet. One thing that has been motivating is the forum discussions as well as some of the challenges offered. Since 2011 I'm down about 28 lbs with about 60 more lbs to go.

Please feel free to add me as a friend for support since it is a tough road to lose what feels like a ton of weight.
  • rrboudin
    rrboudin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm about to turn 29. My highest was 270, down to 250 now. I've used mfp for years but just the app, so I'm new to these boards. I know how easy it can be to quit, especially before you've seen any results. I just got back on a plan and am doing well, but when things get rough, motivation and encouragement will help. However, others believing in you won't do a lick of good if you don't believe in yourself. You can do whatever you set your mind to! Tell yourself that every day!

I'd love to make some friends on here so we can motivate and support one another. Feel free to add me!
  • LexytheNerd
    LexytheNerd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know how you guys feel I started MFP at 320+. My highest was at 354 . I start trying to loss weight then I stop. So far this time around I have been at for a month have lost about 9 pounds. I'm just going to take it one day at a time. :)
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Networking on here is KEY to staying on track. I have used other systems in the past but the accountability from MFP buddies actually makes me look forward to logging on everyday. Add some friends with similar goals, it will really help.

(Anyone, feel free to add me as a buddy)
  • baybear14
    baybear14 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely. We can do this!
  • Barker11
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I started at 253! So yesterday I went to Ruby Tuesday with a co-worker. No big deal I looked at the calorie counts before I went (online) Anyhow can you believe that those yummy cheese biscuits are 110 Cal? Why do they have to taste so darn good! :sad: Well this brings me to my point. If we look at our calories they same way we do as money it gives us a different perspective. I was not willing to spend 110 cal on a tiny biscuit. I can think of so many other things that could take the place of it.

I know this road is difficult at times! WE WILL GET THERE! If you have some favorite restaurants you go to, go on line and figure out your options ahead of time. Places like Firehouse Subs and Red Robin have a fantastic nutrition calculator. See where you can swap our things. My Red robin burger was in the 900's and I was able to make different swaps like grilled onions instead of onion straws, lite mayo for reg mayo. etc. I was able to get it into the 500's! Its really the little things we do along the way to be successful. So I say be prepared. And think of your calories as money. Are you willing to spend them on certain items? For me it made the decision to leave the cheese biscuit alone. I did not even miss it!
    :wink:
    GOOD Luck and don't deprive yourself just make smart decisions!
  • Barker11
    Options
    You got this! If you get off track start again! One day at a time is a great way to look at it! We have your back! I know some days are tougher then other, but you can do it. 9lbs is awesome!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I started just shy of there (248) in January and am just now coming up to 40 pounds lost. Keep on logging and working until you reach your goal and beyond! Remember that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I still have pizza and ice cream every week, I just make sure they fit into my calories.
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i just joined MFP but i started my journey on 1/1/12 at 260.9 now i am 195.5 :)
    i am hoping MFP will help me count my macronutrients and it works alot better than the last app i used.