how many pounds lost before people started to notice?

Options
Just curious to know how many pounds everyone lost before you started to get those first comments of "hey you look great" "have you lost weight?" Etc. I've lost 7 so far and can tell myself but no one else has commented. But previously 9 seemed to be the magic number (I'm small frame)

I just thought this thread might add a bit of extra motivation to people if they haven't yet had others notice, just to reassure them that it will happen and sometimes it's just a few pounds away :-)

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    For me, about 10% of body weight.
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think when I lost 20 pounds someone said something.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    10ish for me. But I'm 5'2 and was around 140ish so now I'm toning more than losing. This past week however lots of people I don't really know at the gym are saying things.
  • susieqtx123
    susieqtx123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you At 7-8lbs lost and a small frame too. Even my husband hasn't noticed! The good thing though is my personal trainer has noticed & he thinks I'm looking great! Also a few guys I know at the gym have noticed too. I'm sure if I tell hubbie that other guys are noticing, he will start to notice it a bit more!! :laugh:
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My daughter noticed at 5 lbs, but most other folks didn't notice and/or say anything until around 16 lbs.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Around 20 for me.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am down 25lbs in 90 days and no one seems to notice. Especially me...
  • Tony_Von_Stryfe
    Tony_Von_Stryfe Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    20 was my magic number
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For most people to notice it took about 20 pounds(somewhere in that ball park). My mom noticed sooner than that, probably around 10 pounds because she sees me all the time. Now people keep asking me what I'm doing to lose the weight.
  • badcemom
    badcemom Posts: 50
    Options
    When I had lost about 30 lbs, I started to get comments. However, I started with about 90-100 to lose. I think it depends of what size goal you have. I had a hard time believing I looked any different until I started hearing it from other people.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's different for everybody, but when I started losing my boyfriends family and my friends noticed when I lost about 15 pounds, my own family didn't notice until I lost 20 pounds. People at work have yet to mention it.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    15-20 lbs
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers noticed on me at 14 pounds, even though I can't really see it. Must be behind me. :laugh:
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    People around me started to make comments when I lost 30pounds which is 13% of my initial weight
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I think it's more noticeable to others when you lose at a quicker pace.
    I lost 25 very slowly...several years...and no one said anything until I had lost about that maybe 20.
    Now that I am approaching 40 lost I am getting more comments, especially from my husband. :)
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 lbs and only my husband said anything so far.
    I think, the bigger you are the more you have to lose in
    order for it to be noticeable to people who aren't close to you.
    That having been said, I can notice my clothes fitting much
    looser and some things that were too tight fitting now. I think,
    It will be noticed at about 50 lbs for me.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    15-20 lbs for me...
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I started off at 306lbs. I lost 70 lbs before people seriously noticed everywhere!!! It was like "wow, you look good!" Love it.
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 3 but around 15 for me
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Nobody has really noticed on me yet. The other day my boyfriend said that I looked different, but couldn't really tell what it was. I've noticed just from looking at old pictures I've lost weight in my face, so maybe he was noticing that. I've only lost 6 lbs so far, even though my ticker says 11 but I lost a bit when I tried MFP the first time. I don't know how to get the other off there.

Although last summer I went through some major depression and lost around 10 lbs from not eating and everyone noticed and commented. But I wasn't building muscle either and more than likely losing muscle.