UPS delivered my package to the wrong house

Options
Fieldsy
Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
I recently ordered a blu ray player from amazon. Yesterday at work I was checking the status of my order. It said "Out for delivery". I am on my way home expecting the package. I go to turn on my street and the UPS truck is 2 doors from my house. I don't think anything of it because I figured that person ordered something too. The UPS truck doesn't go to my house and I am confused. I go to check the status on my package and it says "Delivered 3:57 pm" That was about the same time I was turning on my street.

This all happened yesterday and I haven't heard from the neighbor. He didn't answer his door when I knocked either.

I can't be 100% sure that its my package, but if you put 2 and 2 together...it seems its most likely mine right?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Give it a couple days (business days) try the neighbour again but calmly and if you see nothing by Tuesday, call UPS and find out the next process. If the item was insured you may have a case but if you authorized "leave at the door, no signature required" then it will be a harder fight.

Just breathe for now….
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Nope. Call UPS right now and ask them if it was delivered and WHO signed for it. The sooner the better.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You and your neighbor can both get Blu-Ray players out of this. If they delivered it to the wrong house then it's their fault....if you put the wrong address, well then that'll be a little harder to fight.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yep give them a call asap and state you never received your package. Also, if you didn't request a signature; it is not required.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i agree...call either amazon or ups and say the tracking says delivered by you did not accept it...they need to track it down now so you can get your product..
  • erinkate82
    Options
    Nope. Call UPS right now and ask them if it was delivered and WHO signed for it. The sooner the better.

I totally agree - call UPS asap and let them know the status of the package is "delivered" but not to your house.

Best of luck!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    It is UPS' responsibility to get the package to the correct address. Call UPS immediately and let them handle it.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    (From someone who works in that industry)

Call UPS immediatly and explain what happened. Tell them they need to go retrieve that misdelivery, it is their responsibility to find the shipment and to return it to you, it is not your job to go knocking on doors looking for it.

Make sure you have your receipt available from Amazon and also call them and let them know you never received this shipment so they can call UPS as well.

Have UPS call their driver and get a description of the house he delivered it too (the drivers are really good at remembering these things - trust me) and then explain the description of your house - that doesn't match!

Give it a daily check up call after letting them know to retrieve it and if they do not have it by the following day ask to be transferred to claims for a full refund of your purchase price.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I contacted both UPS and Amazon so hopefully I hear something back. I am going to knock on my neighbors door after work. I feel bad, but they should understand.

So if worst case happens and I dont get my package, what happens then? I know for sure I put the right address down.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options

I agree!! UPS often leaves boxes on my front step!! Anyone could walk by and take it. They only require a signature if you deliver to a business or if wine/liquor is being delivered (not that I'd know that personally!! LOL). I have all my deliveries come to my office now. A box on the front steps also lets anyone know that no one (potentially) is at home! Fed Ex does it all the time too! I don't think it's a good business practice.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Get on UPS's case immediately, way too many dishonest people in the world, you can't accuse anyone, but I would bring it up to UPS, they would have records if that guy had a legitimate delivery on the same day. Don't be a pushover, if you don't like what the representative is telling you, go over his head to his supervisor, the farther up the ladder you go the better results.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    this happened to me at work they delivered to the wrong office, i called UPS right away and they called the office they delivered to and tried to straighten it out. Hopefully your neighbor understands and gives you what's rightfully yours.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, the responses are funny! I am by no means a patient person, its more my husband who tries to keep from escalating situations that don’t need to be escalated and going off like a rocket BUT everyone here says call ASAP rather than wait like I said.

I said wait b/c you had mentioned delivery is in progress, not delivery completed (I believe) so there would be no point in calling unless it says completed.

A phone call can't hurt, go for it.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Didn't read everyone else's responses but I'd call UPS before bugging my neighbor! They should defenitly be able to help, I use to have to deal with them on a daily basis at my old job and they pretty good at what they do. Any insurance on the packge?
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Sorry - this situation sucks!
    Regardless of the neighbor (either benefitting from a delivery error -OR- bizarre freako coincidental timing) - UPS made the mistake and should get you a new one. Whether they do a shakedown of the neighbor or not is not actually relevant - what IS relevant is that you shouldn't have to pay for another one!

GOOD LUCK! and by the way - you've lost an incredible amount of weight! WOW! :flowerforyou: super duper!
  • chipvb
    chipvb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me a couple months back. I called Amazon and eplained I never recieved the package, and they sent a new one out and I had it two days later.
    I would call them, they will take care of it.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow what a nice Blue Ray Player, Thanks neighbor! ...lol :)
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    Wow what a nice Blue Ray Player, Thanks neighbor! ...lol :)

hey! lol

I emailed UPS and called them, called Amazon too. UPS said they will be calling me within an hour about the package...

I am having a rough week with crap going wrong. I ordered a "great condition" used Wii on amazon that was defective. Im going to get my money back for that but have to pay the 14 dollars shipping! Im having car troubles and now this happened

ughhhhhhhhh
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, the responses are funny! I am by no means a patient person, its more my husband who tries to keep from escalating situations that don’t need to be escalated and going off like a rocket BUT everyone here says call ASAP rather than wait like I said.

I said wait b/c you had mentioned delivery is in progress, not delivery completed (I believe) so there would be no point in calling unless it says completed.

"I go to check the status on my package and it says "Delivered 3:57 pm" Sounds like he got a confirmed delivery time.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

no he said it said "delivered...and a time"
    so he should definitely call them..