UPS delivered my package to the wrong house

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I wish you well in getting your pkg. returned. I had a similar situation in sorts..living in an apt. building they delivered to a neighbor and had them sign for it since I wasn't at home. I've ask them numerous times to NOT do that but though my regular driver doesn't subs often do. SO my new neighbor who I didn't know but lives right next door to me (I mean her door is smack dab next to mine) signed for it and then chose to remove the tag from my door telling me I had a pkg. next door.:grumble:

Not realizing it had even been delivered the month went on and I finally called the company and ask how it was being delivered (USPS or UPS or Fed X) they said it had been delivered UPS some weeks earlier (remember I didn't know how it was coming USPS etc). Hm...so they sent out a driver who was the one that dropped it off they came to my door first and then had me wait while they knocked on the next door neighbors door. The driver and I were standing in the hallway and she came to the door (should add I did knock on her door before asking if she'd signed for it she said no she never received a pkg. even though UPS peeps told me there was a signature for that apt...ha! she even used her real name when she did sign it when she finally admitted it to the driver) and said didn't recall.

Driver pulls up her name and the delivery date and shows her and then suddenly she remembers:grumble: she said 'oh I got busy and had to work all weekend so I just put it in front of your door' she says to me and looks at me. So she goes on to tell me someone must have stolen it. BAH! Really, ya think?:laugh: :angry: Nothing I could do, it sucked, the company put it on the driver the driver had delivered it...

So this is now why I pick them up across town myself from the main building instead of having them delivered. I will actually get the pkg. then.:smokin:

I really really hope your UPS/company you ordered it from does you far better than my experience... later I did see the box in the trash...duh, well of course she stole it, I knew it, the driver knew it but what can you do?:grumble: Seemingly nothing...but this is merely my experience.. Yours could be a much much better turn out! :drinker: :wink:

I don't think there's ANYTHING wrong with calling ASAP, glad you did:flowerforyou:
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yeah tell your neighbor you'll giftwrap the new one for him until they send you yours again. Either way you won't have to pay for it again. This happened to me before and I was delighted to have another HDTV delivered to me. Not quite sure where the other one went though...

And I know it speeds up delivery times to just drop packages but I don't live in the best of neighborhoods and leaving things like televisions and blu-ray players out is just asking for trouble. Even when I'm home they don't bother ringing the bell (sometimes they do).
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    amazon rocks!

They are sending me a replacement with no questions asked. They just called UPS and seen if I contacted them too. They put out another blu ray on a 2 day shipping for nothing.

:bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    amazon rocks!

They are sending me a replacement with no questions asked. They just called UPS and seen if I contacted them too. They put out another blu ray on a 2 day shipping for nothing.

Fantastic!!!!:drinker: :love: Yes they do ROCK treating you that well and YAY for the quick shipping too! Your neighbor sucks big time if that's who has the original...hopefully they find themselves with some result of Karma in one fashion or another!:tongue: I do believe in Karma!!:wink::flowerforyou:

I'm so happy for you as I know that's a freaky thing to have happen be expecting some fun to arrive in a box only to find something got screwed up along the way! Kudos to you for quickly following through on this Fieldsy and getting such positive results!!:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This JUST happened to my coworker on Wednesday, and by Thursday, Amazon had rush-shipped her new order to her. She received it last night!
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    amazon rocks!

Fantastic!!!!:drinker: :love: Yes they do ROCK treating you that well and YAY for the quick shipping too! Your neighbor sucks big time if that's who has the original...hopefully they find themselves with some result of Karma in one fashion or another!:tongue: I do believe in Karma!!:wink::flowerforyou:

I'm so happy for you as I know that's a freaky thing to have happen be expecting some fun to arrive in a box only to find something got screwed up along the way! Kudos to you for quickly following through on this Fieldsy and getting such positive results!!:flowerforyou: :wink:

Thanks, earlier I was getting pissed lol. In the past month I had my fair share of run ins with morons....and today was just icing on the cake. I am much happier now and its Fridayyyyy.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    amazon rocks!

SWEEEEET! Guess your neighbor is the one who truly scored though and you, well you still got your new dvd player. Maybe your neighbor could've really used a new dvd player for his kids for Christmas and this all was ment to be :bigsmile: Happy Holidays:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    Well I am not going to blame my neighbor, it could just be a little coincidence lol
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    Okay....so I found the original package at a neighbors house, but UPS sent me another one. I feel like keeping them both because its UPS' fault and it was aggravating for me. Would I get in trouble?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Okay....so I found the original package at a neighbors house, but UPS sent me another one. I feel like keeping them both because its UPS' fault and it was aggravating for me. Would I get in trouble?
    Probably not the most honest thing to do even if it was UPS at fault (or perhaps the info on the original pkg. was simply hard to read and it was not UPS's mistake? hard to know). If they do an investigation to see where the original was left, yes you could be hearing from them as the neighbor will likely share that he gave you the original pkg.

Probably not worth being greedy over because really don't you only need one, right? :laugh: I imagine if you call the company they will perhaps let you keep it or more likely pay the postage to have it returned. Depends on how much of a conscience you have and how much worry you want to have over it.:glasses: :tongue: Seems a bit greedy though to feel you're owed 2 when the company were so speedy about replacing the original order! It took awhile for them to look into my situation so not sure how long it would be on yours.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Give the other one back to your neighbor and tell him that that conversation never happened. You'll be fine! Honesty is usually a good policy but it'll cost too much for you to say that you have both. When all is said and done, it's probably cheaper for everyone for you to keep or gift the second one to your neighbor or someone. Or give it to charity if you have a conscience.