naughty children in public places

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I read that earlier today. It's something I might do.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I could see me doing that too.
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh. I would have high fived him.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people take their children outside to restaurants. You are causing a disturbance to the public and encouraging kids to eat unhealthy. And plus there are all these bad things that can happen to the kids. In my opinion, anytime a parent takes their kid outside, they are endangering the child and being rude to the public. Call social services on these bad parents.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I loved that story and I agree with Road Dog.

Once there was a sale at Target during back-to-school and there was a lady pushing through all the aisles and piling items into a cart for her college-aged son who was standing there looking awkward. I was trying to decide between a set of green or yellow inexpensive table lamps. I already had one green lamp in my cart and was about to put it back and get 2 yellow ones. I was standing near the last green lamp. This middle aged lady with a crazed look in her eye was pushing her way through the aisle and being very loud & obnoxious and she looked right at me and said, "I call DIBS on that green one right there!" so that's how I chose green lamps. I stuck the last one in my cart and headed off to the register just to spite her, pretending she didn't exist. Great moment.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    i prefer naughty moms in public places.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I loved that story and I agree with Road Dog.

Once there was a sale at Target during back-to-school and there was a lady pushing through all the aisles and piling items into a cart for her college-aged son who was standing there looking awkward. I was trying to decide between a set of green or yellow inexpensive table lamps. I already had one green lamp in my cart and was about to put it back and get 2 yellow ones. I was standing near the last green lamp. This middle aged lady with a crazed look in her eye was pushing her way through the aisle and being very loud & obnoxious and she looked right at me and said, "I call DIBS on that green one right there!" so that's how I chose green lamps. I stuck the last one in my cart and headed off to the register just to spite her, pretending she didn't exist. Great moment.

:laugh: :laugh:

I do that sometimes!! :happy:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people take their children outside to restaurants. You are causing a disturbance to the public and encouraging kids to eat unhealthy. And plus there are all these bad things that can happen to the kids. In my opinion, anytime a parent takes their kid outside, they are endangering the child and being rude to the public. Call social services on these bad parents.

I can't stand children in public places, people who bring babies to restaurants really annoy me....
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I can't stand children in public places, people who bring babies to restaurants really annoy me....

Seriously, couldn't agree with you more. I mean if you can't bring your dogs in the restaurant, why bring your kids?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Well if you could get your mom to take you somewhere besides Chuck E Cheese it wouldn't be as big a problem for you.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    The problem is the mother, not the kid.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options

What I don't understand is why people bring infant children to amusement parks. Even when it's almost 100 degrees outside. Just plain ignorance!!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

I'm going to bring my baby and 4 year old to a restaurant tonight and eat just in your honor. :flowerforyou:

But seriously, that article was awesome. If my kid was acting like a brat I would march them straight out into the car and go home.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I really do try to avoid being around children, even relatives. Walmart seems to be infested with poorly supervised obnoxious children. A little girl was running around making a ton of noise. She made eye contact and I very sternly said "No." and shook my head. I'm thinking I scared her because she shut right up. One of these days I might get a beatdown from a parent that doesn't appreciate it.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I really do try to avoid being around children, even relatives. Walmart seems to be infested with poorly supervised obnoxious children. A little girl was running around making a ton of noise. She made eye contact and I very sternly said "No." and shook my head. I'm thinking I scared her because she shut right up. One of these days I might get a beatdown from a parent that doesn't appreciate it.

I do agree, there are a lot of spoiled rotten, bratty kids in this world. But like another poster said, it's because the parents raised them that way.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    The problem is the mother, not the kid.

Exactly.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options

What I don't understand is why people bring infant children to amusement parks. Even when it's almost 100 degrees outside. Just plain ignorance!!
    Ignorant of what? The fact that children have survived higher temperatures for hundreds of thousand of years?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You know what, it's the children who aren't brought out in public from an early age that are little aholes in public.

Generally if they are used it, they know how to act.

Not all kids are bad or have parents who let them act like monkeys/