Starting a 200+ pound weight loss journey

Options
1235»

Replies

• susiessoaps
    Options
    You know I read some where a long time ago don't think of each try as a failure just think of it as a small step to slowly reach the point of getting to the one time that you don't quit. I am very discouraged about my weight and the shape I have let myself get to it's all my fault. I sometimes hate myself to the point of disgust. Why is it so hard to do this and stick to it? I decided 3 weeks ago to try some kind of program that had goals set for me because it seems like when I try to diet I can't stick to it and I feel like a failure. Well I even managed to mess that up but I'm not going to quit this time no matter what! I started the insanity 60 day challenge. Ok hear me out I in no way knew that i could do that kind of a workout I can't even walk in a brisk manor with out being out of breath. So I went on you tube and found someone to follow. I knew if I purchased it, it would just be another thing I waisted my money on and failed at. I have stuck to it it has been so hard I have gotten even more angry at myself with each workout I can't believe I have treated my body so badly that i can't even exercise. Not to mention this first three weeks I counted my calories wrong and haven't lost a single pound, I have worked so hard for three weeks and just ruined it, waisted it! Well not this time I will not quit even if I have messed things up and ruined three weeks of hard work, now if that isn't a reason to quit nothing is I could have been 6 pounds lighter I wasted all this hard work for nothing. I won't quit and either will you! I am willing to be your friend and stick this out with you if you would like.
  • Mrsjones172
    Mrsjones172 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Excellent reasons to start a weightloss journey. I wish you all the best. Take each day as it come and make small changes. You'll a difference in no time.

Feel free to add me
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • DaveStreitmatter
    Options
    Hello, I am a 40 year old father of 3 boys, 10, 8, and 5. In the last 10 years I have gained over 40 pounds. Topping out at 236. My cholesterol is out of control. My last Dr appointment was a big wake up call. In the last 3 weeks I have been logging my food on this app and it has been great. I started juicing everyday and I am down 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I hope to keep it going and get healthy for my kids! Wish me luck. I have learned that accountability helps!
  • MichaelQuinn96
    Options
    I have 100-140 pounds to lose... anyone feel free to add me
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Be prepared to work very, very hard for a very, very long time and not see a lot of weight loss.

It's a long, hard journey and it takes a lot of time. There will be ups and downs. Sometimes you will eat too much and the scale will go up. Sometimes you'll do everything right and the scale will go up. Sometimes, you'll lose extra without doing anything differently.

You must be very dedicated, because it is so hard. You must be patient because it takes a long time.

You're going to work hard for a long time and STILL BE FAT.

Hang in there!!!