Really disappointed in fitbit

Options
1235»

Replies

• Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I use it for regular daily stuff and for sleep. I use a Polar FT4 watch for exercise though as I want to monitor my heart rate at all times during exercise.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I could never figure out what my daily calorie burn was through MFP or any other site. I work in retail and walk 8 hours a day. I got my Fitbit and discovered I was burning way more calories than I thought. It's more accurate than what MFP tells me I burn. Also, it works great on the treadmill and the elliptical. Not sure where you're wearing yours but I have a Fitbit One and I clip it to my bra. I've had no problem with it.

My daughter has a Flex and she doesn't have any problems with it tracking her running on the treadmill. She does have to watch her arm movements though.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,865 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Fitbit, but many of my MFP friends have them. I have noticed that at first they all complain about the device ; however, after a few weeks they are in love with it.

Since it seems like there is a period of adjustment before users figure it out, give it a few weeks.

Good luck.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Fitbit fan - I use mine on the treadmill and it tracks just fine (I also wear another pedometer and a HRM to compare). I also elliptical, zumba, tennis, soccer and I don't ever enter anything myself... I will input a bike ride manually (manual entries are easy, but I generally just go with what the Fitbit estimates).

I talk about the Fitbit a ton on my personal blog ...
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/search/label/Fitbit

My entire family has them now (hubs, the kids, my parents, my siblings) and it creates a fun family competition (I'm usually winning of course!) and the Fitbit syncs to so many services (MFP, Pact, Achievemint, FitStudio, Walgreens, EveryMove) and it's actually paid for itself (yes, I've received cash $$ for my activity I would be doing anyway)!
  • BOC57
    BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Go buy yourself a Garmin, it'll make all other devices look like the toys they are.

I also have a Garmin.

It is useless for tracking my steps, recording my sleep and syncing with MFP to sort out my daily calories

It's awesome for recording my runs and bike rides though.

Ahh. I've been looking at these. Counting on Santa this December but also want a watch that will track swimming distance......talk about being addicted to electronic feedback!! :love: