FRIDAY NSV - Post yours below!

Options

Replies

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Managed to fit into my old Bruce Springsteen T Shirt today for the first time in over a year !!!

I love that feeling. Got an old Iron Maiden shirt that's a size L and was too tight on me, now it's bordering on baggy! :)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I walked for 6.09 miles in 90 minutes. That is over a 4.0 mph pace. Before that I had never been able to do even 40 minutes! I keep pushing myself and it is getting fun! :smile:
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Feeling fitter and healthier!
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Convinced myself and my running buddies to do a run this morning. Normally we only go Mon and Wed.
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm down both a pants and shirt size.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I finally have a NSV!!!!! :)

I bought a shirt a few months ago without trying it on at the store. I brought it home and it looked awful on me. It was really tight and clingy and showed off my pudgy belly. I was too lazy to take it back so I just threw it in the closet.
    This morning I was trying to figure out what to wear and on a whim I pulled out the shirt and put it on again....

It looks just fine! I'm wearing it today at work. :)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Starting to see definition in my arms after 3 weeks of weight training and eating better. :)
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Started running last week, finally. I'm not great, but working on it.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! :)

-I can literally walk out of a pair of work pants without unbuttoning/unzipping them--yay they are finally too big :)

-Running is getting easier and I feel like I can start increasing my distance now
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I ran for 20 minutes straight at a 5.5 mph pace. I wouldn't believe I could do that last month! Then I did a yoga class which kicked my butt. I got on the scale this morning and it said that I gained .5 pounds. Instead of freaking out about it, I went, Well, I feel stronger so that must be muscle. And then I flexed!

This is awesome!

My NSV for today is that I had great lifting workouts this week! Finally back on track after getting sick and being unable to workout for over a week in July!
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Finally broke the 30 minute mark on my 5K! Ran my last race in 29:08. Yay me!
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Currently I have in my house: 1 pint of ice-cream, 1 box of fried pineapple slices, 2 bags of chips, 1 opened bag of salted peanuts, 1 box of cookies, popcorn kernels, 1 bag of mixed candy and some non-diet soda. (I may even be forgetting something here...)

I haven't touched any of them in weeks :) All my fruits are gone though!
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I felt bold enough to wear a muscle T during my workout class, and when I looked in the mirror during plank I was shocked to see what appeared to be shredded abs. That was a first, and it was thrilling. I felt like such a badass.
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    One of the guys at the gym that I really look up to went out of his way this week to compliment me on my squat. It made me feel awesome. It helped that it was a pr for me on squat as well.
  • Twilightbubbles
    Twilightbubbles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I spent 2 days in the hospital with my mom while she had surgery and still managed to make my step goals both days by walking around the hospital campus. I also planned ahead & brought protein shakes & Quest bars so I wouldn't hit up the vending machines!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    1097 calorie breakfast, not even sorry. Not one little bit.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    These are just fun to read, everyone is doing so well! My NSV is that I did not quit or get discouraged this week even though it seems like nothing is happening. Only 8 weeks in, but was hoping to not hit a slow down quite yet....
  • yourpalsoap
    Options
    These are just fun to read, everyone is doing so well! My NSV is that I did not quit or get discouraged this week even though it seems like nothing is happening. Only 8 weeks in, but was hoping to not hit a slow down quite yet....
    That's a great NSV! I love reading through these threads, even if I don't have a concrete victory of my own, because it makes me happy seeing everyone do so well!
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Small NSV: Was able to do a very nice standing bow pulling and the laying on the floor bow pose on my Bikram hot yoga class!!

Most importantly, since starting bikram (about a month) I've been able to use two size smaller than my usual!! **Happy Dance!!!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 53 this weekend and except for when in high school I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm starting to love 50! Best of all this morning my daughter told me I was her best friend and she was so proud of me for taking such good care of myself. Hey she's 14 that best friend stuff is big!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!