FRIDAY NSV - Post yours below!

Options

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I didn't consider this an NSV but my friends list assures me it is. I dropped out of a weight loss challenge here, because I'm on week 2 of a new strength training program and actually *gaining* a bit. I was feeling incredibly low this morning at my weigh-in, even though during my morning workout I was feeling strong and healthy. I decided to drop the challenge, accompanied by its required weekly weigh-in, and leave the scale to gather dust for a month or so. And that was a good decision for my mental health, as well as my ability to give the strength program the time and patience it requires.
  • trombonegds
    trombonegds Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of pants yesterday that I couldn't button up 2 months ago!
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Made a healthy decision to not consume alcohol calories on thirsty thursday with my work..... This means NO hungover/ beer gut feeling on friday! Yayyyy! And I wore shorts to work.... Would never have done that 3 months ago.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I mowed my lawn this morning (in flip flops) and the grass was still damp, so it stuck to my feet. When i came in i was able to lift my feet into the kitchen sink and rinse them off. What? Doesn't everybody do this?

LOL I do this and I thought I was the only one who did! Awesome NSV!!!
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out my closet of all my old clothing that is 2 sizes too big now ... not keeping anything as I am NOT going back!!
  • misty_gal
    misty_gal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 3 month lurker and have never posted, but I am so excited - my son is able to hug me all the way around - and clasp his hands and my younger daughter can clasp her fingers. First time....ever in their lives!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite posts! Congrats to everyone, not just on your NSV, but on stopping and taking the time to think about your hard work and how it is making a difference in your life! Reading these just make me happy!

I was having a really hard time trying to think of one for myself, because, frankly, I've gained 4 lbs this summer and that's just depressing in any light. You all don't know my history and I won't get into it. I'm the healthiest person I know and extremely active... the 4 lbs is due to going WAY overboard on vacations and just not working as hard lately as I should be.

But, anyhoo..... I realized that my NSV is that I'm okay with the 4 lbs. For the first time ever, I'm happy with the way I look and I feel fantastic. I have goals and I'll get there. But, that 4 lbs? It'll come back off. Hard work pays off and once summer fun is over and I buckle back down I'll lose it.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I mowed my lawn this morning (in flip flops) and the grass was still damp, so it stuck to my feet. When i came in i was able to lift my feet into the kitchen sink and rinse them off. What? Doesn't everybody do this?

*raises hand*

Or...I used too but my husband won't "let" me wear flip flops to mow anymore. Something about it seeming unsafe due to my lack of gracefulness. lolol

Another one:
    My new work shirt is loose around the boob area!!! It is a men's medium and it that size is usually tight in that area.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate how hard this is. Water up to 6-8
    Diet Pepsi down to less then 1 20oz a day, used to be 2 liter a day habit
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I had to tighten my Fitbit band another notch; it kept spinning around on my wrist. We won't even mention my wedding band! :laugh:
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Logged my food intake this week and resisted the cookies & cream milkshake from Chick Fil A.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    1097 calorie breakfast, not even sorry. Not one little bit.

Thanks for the open diary!!!
    So jealous and living vicariously. lol
    There are NO Dunkin Donuts on my way to work. :(
  • Dawn5202
    Dawn5202 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Got out my smallest pair of jeans and put them on and you guessed it - too big!!! I can take them on and off without even unzipping!! Leave for Jamaica on Sunday and won't feel bad about being in a bathing suit!!
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can refill the 5 gallon water tank :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Just vacuumed the entire apartment without stopping to rest.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV is my 17 year old daughter. She was weighing 152 lbs at the beginning of summer. She decided to watch her calories and get more exercise because of me and what I'm doing. As of weigh in this morning,she is down to 133 lbs and looking awesome!! I'm just happy to be looking thinner and my tight shirt is now loose.
  • cass_wilson
    cass_wilson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually look smaller- I've been stuck around the same weight for a few weeks but my stomach is definitely shrinking
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love NSV.

Been a good week for NSV:
    My pants feel looser
    I got my husband, who NEVER does physical activity, to start C25K with me.
    Logged for 5 days
    Bought weights and did my first lifts for SL5x5
    Back to walking with a limp due to being sore
    Hit 10,000 steps at least 3 days this week
    Husband actually suggested we stay in and eat healthy tonight
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    some great ones on here, thanks for sharing.

Today I went to put on a dress that I used to wear for work many many years ago - it didn't fit - it was too BIG!!!

also had to get fitted for a new bra and gone down 4 cup sizes!!!

its slowly, very slowly starting to feel real
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    This week I realized I don't look like a "fat person" to strangers anymore, I look like an average sized person. Super weird for me & super awesome.

SO SO much of this ^^^.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!