53.7 pounds lost. My Story. (sorry it's long)

Options

Replies

• Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you

Great job Laura! Keep at it. I'm sure just getting the weight down will help some with the pain. Less pressure on our joints. Good luck
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    :smile: Thanks everyone for all your comments. It means a lot to me!!
  • Ameenasmum24
    Ameenasmum24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And thanks for sharing!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well done on ur hard work so far!you should be proud of yourself.:)
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you!!

Congrats! And thanks for sharing!
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you, I am very proud of myself!!
    Well done on ur hard work so far!you should be proud of yourself.:)
  • pamella1308
    pamella1308 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss. Hopefully by loosing your weight it will help your back also.
    Keep up the great work. Your right in saying once you set your mind to it, it's not that hard.
  • singlemom73
    singlemom73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, a true inspiration. Keep it up :)
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you so much!!
    Great job on your weight loss. Hopefully by loosing your weight it will help your back also.
    Keep up the great work. Your right in saying once you set your mind to it, it's not that hard.
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, a true inspiration. Keep it up :)
  • pamella1308
    pamella1308 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your welcome you deserve all the praise you have received.
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Just wanted to share and hopefully help someone else who might be going through what I am going through and let them know they can still lose weight.

Your welcome you deserve all the praise you have received.
  • CortneyZimm
    CortneyZimm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I wish all the best for you!!!!!<3
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Wonderful achievement and I don't feel a at all sorry for you because you are taking your life back!!!! Coming from a wife of a man that was over 500 I know what it's like! He was having problems even putting on his socks! It was a wake up call for both of us and kick started a much healthier lifestyle! Congrats!!!
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a really long but REALLY SUCCESSFUL story! I'm so proud of you that you admitted that you had a problem (no offense) & did something to fix it! I know that you're now an inspiration for many men & women around the world! Oh and great job! Super proud!
  • mochasmommie7193
    mochasmommie7193 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing. The best of wishes on the remainder of your journey.
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Laura. In February 2014, I went to the doctor for my yearly blood work/physical. First of all, I had to go to another doctor's scale (there are many doctors at my doctor's office) to be weighed because the other doctor's scale was digital, and the one my doctor used only went up to 350. I have never been so embarrassed in all my life. I was horrified that I weighed in at 387 pounds. I had been in pain with my lower back for almost a year (since April 2013), With this back pain, I could only walk for 5 to 10 minutes at a time before I had to find somewhere to sit down. It was the worst pain I had ever been in my whole life. I had an X-Ray on my back and an MRI. I was told that 2 discs in my back are degenerating, and that one disc was pressing on a nerve. I went to Physical Therapy, but it only made my pain worse. The doctor asked me if I wanted to go to pain management, I said no, because I am scared to death of needles. You would think after I have had 2 babies I wouldn't be scared of needles, lol, but I am still scared of them. I went to a Neurosurgeon, but he told me the disc is not touching a nerve and he couldn't do anything for me, so basically I have to live with the pain. In 2009, I was told that I have Fibromyalgia, so when I started having the back pain as well as the Fibromyalgia pain, I got depressed and I let myself go and I gained a LOT of weight. I also fell asleep a lot during the day and was sent to a sleep center to be tested for Sleep Apnea. I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea on June 13th, I now have to sleep with a CPAP machine at night. The results of the blood work were not good. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, and my liver enzymes were elevated. The doctor told me to start taking my blood sugar every day and cut out a lot of the carbs that I was eating. She didn't want to put me on medicine for diabetes yet, so I kept a record of my blood sugar numbers in a notebook and I would go back in 3 months for another check of my A1C. I was also made an appointment to go and have an ultrasound on my liver, spleen, pancreas, etc. Turns out I have a fatty liver due to the fact that I am Morbidly Obese. My doctor mentioned Gastric Bypass Surgery, and how she is not a fan of it but some people can't seem to lose weight without it, I absolutely didn't want to have surgery, so I made up my mind then and there that I am going to lose weight. I was sick and tired of not being able to do the things that I want to do. I couldn't ride rides at an amusement park with my kids, I couldn't do a lot of things and I was tired of it. I was tired of and am tired of watching my life go by and not being able to do the things I want to do. I started on my weight loss journey on February 10th and I haven't looked back to my old habits or went back to them since. By the time I went back to the doctor on May 9th, I had lost 33 pounds and I had reversed diabetes. She said that I had cured Diabetes and that I only had to stick my fingers 2 to 3 times a week. I will go back to the doctor at the end of this month. Now I have lost 53.7 pounds, I feel much better as far as not being tired all the time. I am no where near my goal weight, but I keep on keeping on. I am doing this weight loss journey entirely through counting calories only since I am not able to stand or walk for long periods of time due to my back pain, but I will make it to my goal. I am determined to. I just want to let all those out there know that no matter what you are going through you can lose weight if you put your mind to it and work hard whether you can exercise or not. I am not writing my story here to have anyone feel sorry for me because of my health issues. I am not going to let these things get me down and depressed, they shouldn't have got me depressed to start with. I am proud of my weight loss, but my fight is far from over. Thank you for reading my story.

Laura

Our stories are incredibly similar. I will tell you about my situation but wow almost identical.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Glad you're on the right path. Keep logging every day and building your log in streak.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    congrats on taking back your health. Your an inspiration to all. Keep on keeping on and you will get the results your hoping for. well done girl
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing your story! I wish all the best for you!!!!!<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!