53.7 pounds lost. My Story. (sorry it's long)

Options

Replies

• Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you. Before I started on this journey, I had to have my Husband and kids help me put my shoes on. It was hard to bend down to do it myself.

Wonderful achievement and I don't feel a at all sorry for you because you are taking your life back!!!! Coming from a wife of a man that was over 500 I know what it's like! He was having problems even putting on his socks! It was a wake up call for both of us and kick started a much healthier lifestyle! Congrats!!!
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    No offense taken. Thanks!
    Wow, that is a really long but REALLY SUCCESSFUL story! I'm so proud of you that you admitted that you had a problem (no offense) & did something to fix it! I know that you're now an inspiration for many men & women around the world! Oh and great job! Super proud!
  • donebydanna
    donebydanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a great story!! Keep up the good work, very inspiring. Do you have a pool near you? I found out the medical center near me had a physical therapy fitness center with a salt water pool. They have memberships which were cheaper than the gyms nearby and the people working there seem better trained. I have arthritis in my feet and knees making workouts very painful. but I started in the pool and it was amazing how easy it was and how much i could do. I started just walking and taking a water aerobics class. Now I can actually jog in the water. (I had to add water aerobic shoes that look like running shoes with holes) I discovered an added bonus that I became much more flexible after working out in the water. Guess it was a relief to my whole body to be basically weightless for a while!

Keep up the good work and thanks for posting!
  • makekathshrink
    makekathshrink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done you , you should be proud of yourself . Like you I'm trying to lose weight because of health issues, you may find that as you continue to lose weight that your back hurts you less. Good luck xx
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Congrats Laura. The beginning of a new life for you. Heres wishing all the successes you need to get you to your goal.

Cindy
  • ReenieReenie05
    ReenieReenie05 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thats AMAZING!!!! What an accomplishment!! You are making strides in the right direction sister!! KEEP IT UP!! :happy:
  • kcmoooo
    kcmoooo Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you for sharing
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you, I live in a very small town. A couple of years ago they shut our pool down here in our town because it isn't wheelchair acessable (sp?) I never learned to swim either, so I don't go swimming a lot.

What a great story!! Keep up the good work, very inspiring. Do you have a pool near you? I found out the medical center near me had a physical therapy fitness center with a salt water pool. They have memberships which were cheaper than the gyms nearby and the people working there seem better trained. I have arthritis in my feet and knees making workouts very painful. but I started in the pool and it was amazing how easy it was and how much i could do. I started just walking and taking a water aerobics class. Now I can actually jog in the water. (I had to add water aerobic shoes that look like running shoes with holes) I discovered an added bonus that I became much more flexible after working out in the water. Guess it was a relief to my whole body to be basically weightless for a while!

Keep up the good work and thanks for posting!
  • mphillip6
    mphillip6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! I'm glad you are feeling better, and I wish you much success on your weight loss journey!!
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you so much!!

Very inspirational! I'm glad you are feeling better, and I wish you much success on your weight loss journey!!
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    :smile: Thanks to all who have sent me friend requests!
  • sreejithbabu
    sreejithbabu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We require inspiration from people like you. Great effort and I am sure you will achieve your goal!
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you!

We require inspiration from people like you. Great effort and I am sure you will achieve your goal!
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Keep up the great work!
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    You're welcome and thank you!!

Thank you for sharing your story. Keep up the great work!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You've overcome so much. Your willingness to change is inspiring!
  • gameon101
    Options
    Great job ! Your story is motivational for me. I am trying to loose weight for health reasons. Can you please tell your HbA1c levels before and after 3 months.
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    Thank you so much!!

Amazing! You've overcome so much. Your willingness to change is inspiring!
  • Mamaof2babies
    Options
    hanks, my A1C was 6.9 when I went in February, when I went in May it was 5.7. My doctor was very impressed with it. I am still working hard. Don't want to stick my fingers every day and take shots or anything like that.

Great job ! Your story is motivational for me. I am trying to loose weight for health reasons. Can you please tell your HbA1c levels before and after 3 months.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    watch out now...yes..you did..that...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!