Oatmeal Dilemma: early carb-hog

Options
2»

Replies

• SinCityFit
    Options
    I add 1-2 scoops of protein powder to it after they're done and mix in (I personally use NOW Foods unflavored pea protein).

Fills you up and adds 20g+ grams of protein for 120-150 extra calories.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I add 1-2 scoops of protein powder to it after they're done and mix in (I personally use NOW Foods unflavored pea protein).

Fills you up and adds 20g+ grams of protein for 120-150 extra calories.

Ooooo! I'll definitely try this! The ones w/flavor are just icky in oatmeal (I'm not a sweetened oatmeal fan). Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the ideas. I'll definitely be making some changes - starting w/no more lemonade, & also reading the label on the steel cuts for a higher protein brand.

MUCH appreciated!:heart:
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    carbs = the *kitten* child of the nutrition world

So sad.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all responses...so sorry if I repeat. If you are that concerned about meeting macros, maybe the days that you have oatmeal in the morning go ahead and have the lower carb lunches and dinners.....and then on days when you want heavier carb meals for lunch or dinner sub out the oatmeal for eggs, egg whites or egg beaters w/ veggies.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I like it, too, but tend to avoid it because it feels like a calorie-hog.

It might be much easier to up the protein by adding some protein powder or greek yogurt or eggs (on the side) than by comparing oatmeal labels. An oat is an oat, unless some brands fortify with protein powder, which you can do at home. :smile: