To Fitbit or not to Fitbit

Options
12346»

Replies

• stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I never have tried the fitness trackers but I do have two different heart rate monitors that I absolutely love and it makes working out so much fun and really keeps you accountable.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've used the Force, One, and now have the Zip. When I was in loss mode, eating my exercise calories caused my weight to go up and down. So I unlinked it from MFP and used it to track my steps.

Now I'm in maintenance mode, I relinked it back to MFP as a reward and counting my increased activity level.

One VERY important thing to note. The calorie burn goal on FitBit app and the Average Daily calories burned on MFP need to be the same...or the FitBit will over-estimated calories you get to eat.

I like the Zip because it clips to my pocket and registers all movement vs the armband. When the battery dies, I can replace it. Don't care to count stairs or sleep. The Zip is the right tool for me.
  • stone2cut
    stone2cut Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It tracks your steps like a pedometer and backs out your distance based on height and how many steps you take. If you have your phone with you on a run or activity, the Orbit will show your stats from the Runtastic app - pace, duration, etc. - and these will be extremely accurate because it uses GPS.

The Orbit syncs with their new app Runtastic Me via Bluetooth and it's really quick. Just open the app and it syncs in a few seconds.
  • giampi260271
    Options
    Still didn't figure out if Runtastic Orbit is supposed to integrate with MFP. On app it is possible to select the steps detection from Runtastic but it doesn't appear to be the Me application.
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit flex and i love it, the fact that it motivates me to make my 5 miles and as silly as this sounds it's a helpful reminder to try to be healthier when I see it on my wrist.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I love using my Fitbit one. I tried using Fitbit Zip and I did not like it very much as it does not have nice features I want. For example, You can initialize it to 0 steps before you start walking and you don't have to worry calculating. It is absolutely worth it.