Hit my weight loss goal! (pics)

Options

Replies

• hmacgr
    hmacgr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm soo happy for you! You look fantastic!!!
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations on reaching your goal!
  • aliu00
    aliu00 Posts: 61
    Options
    congrats
  • tdpage23
    tdpage23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    way to go!! you look great!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep up the good work and keep that new, healthy body!!!!
  • hikergirl2014
    Options
    Thank you for sharing - very inspirational!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look simply amazing. What a transformation!!! You must feel so proud of yourself and you should. I am only in my 3rd week and I was motivated by your pictures. Thank you for sharing!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Congrats!!!
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!! Kudos to you:flowerforyou:
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, and your face has softened as well. Incredible. My heart is joyful for you :flowerforyou:
  • yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    WoW! You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • rbailey614
    Options
    U look AMAZING... Thanks for posting!!!
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    After a life time of being overweight, I've finally made it to a healthy weight. I've always struggled with weight due to physical limitation caused by scoliosis and a sedentary lifestyle and chronic depression. The first time I moved out of my parent's place I went from 250 to 180 just by eating only when I was hungry and eating smaller portions and walking more. But then all of a sudden my appetite increased (possibly due to antidepressants and thyroid issues) at the same time my dad was dying of cancer and then I moved back in with my parents to help take care of him and with the increased appetite I ended up eating when I got home from work and then again when my mom ate because I was still hungry. As a result I gained back what I had lost plus another 35 pounds in a year or 2. After repeatedly asking my doctor for help and feeling ignored by her (once she felt my thyroid numbers were right she couldn't find anything else wrong), on January 1, 2013 I decided I might as well eat less if I'm starving all the time anyway and I drastically reduced my calories to what I know now was probably an unhealthy level and started going to the gym since restrictions had just been lifted at my workplace fitness center. I didn't know any better and my doctor's only advice was get plenty of protein without any tips of how much protein or even how much food I should be eating. So for 5 or 6 months I lost 10lbs a month and then fell off the wagon for a couple months following a medical procedure and recurrent depression but I didn't get too out of control and only gained 5 or so pounds because I mostly kept to the same practices but with occasional indulgences and less activity. I then went back on my plan of undereating until I found MFP. I quickly became addicted to the forums and realized what I had been doing was unhealthy and learned to log my food correctly. This was in Nov 2013. I also started strength training and really learned to love it. I quickly found I could actually eat more and still lose and I started eating healthier food and doing more cooking.

As of this morning I am now down to 146 from a starting weight of 285-290 and I don't think I could have done it without MFP. I still struggle with hunger, I think due to ongoing thyroid issues, but I can manage it by spacing out my food and sticking to my calories. I feel I'll have to keep logging and counting for the rest of my life but it's far better than the alternative. And I'm hoping to continue to improve my body through recomposition.

Starting weight (I don't have any body pics since I hated my body)
    2ffX1qd.jpg

After 3 months, ~250-255
    sd6wsfS.jpg

Nov 2013
    2EY7SKb.jpg

Jan 2014
    rm8D7mN.jpg

Feb 2014
    bPJwFqS.jpg

May 2014
    GTlqXmm.jpg

Today at 146
    5BPSUr9.jpg

I'll try to post some better pics later and update after some body recomp. Anyone is welcome to add me, I love helping and inspiring others.

JUST AWESOME!!!
  • Lilla35
    Lilla35 Posts: 99
    Options
    Pure awesomeness, you look amazing!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Even with your struggles you found the motivation to keep going. Good job!!
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know from experience that thyroid issues can really hamper weight loss goals. You overcame that and you look amazing!! Keep up the good work and enjoy your new body!!
  • AwesomeSauceTN
    AwesomeSauceTN Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow you really are dedicated! Time to buy some cute new clothes for your new body (:
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    well done girl, you look amazing
  • tlam1
    tlam1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats and well done!!!!
  • sirensong68
    sirensong68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job reaching your goal............you are an inspiration to everyone who sees this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!