Odd Compliments.

Options

Replies

• Kukenan
    Kukenan Posts: 44
    Options
    From someone who hadn't seen me in a year: "did you have weight loss surgery?" No, I didn't, but it is good to know I no longer look like I need it.
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    "You have pretty eyes and lips and your nose isn't too big for your face".... what?!
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    Someone once told me:

"Damn... you're like sane now."
  • ellantz8
    ellantz8 Posts: 619
    Options
    "You have neat ears"-random guy at a party

"I used to think you were going to be fat, but you look really good" My older sister when I was 17ish

same time frame, my Grandmother "You know you're not as fat as you used to be" I was 5'7" and 115lbs
    I was never overweight as a kid, bit I come from a family of super underweight people, so apparently to them(and in my head) I was huge!

Went into work after having my eyebrows waxed, employee" Yay! You don't look like Burt from Burt and Ernie anymore!" why thank you so much, I never realized I did!
  • MelpomeneTears
    MelpomeneTears Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    "I'm so glad you're losing weight, your face is too pretty for you to be that fat."- There are so many things wrong with that sentence I don't even know where to start.

My favorite compliment I've ever received came from a very strange place. I was dating a guy, living with him and his family and his dad said to me, "You know, you really look like Stevie Nicks, gorgeous." - I think I flushed fifty shades of red, but I was tickled because I absolutely love Stevie Nicks.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    "smokin hot babe." It's hillarious, because my feet are normally freezing. :laugh:
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    "You have very nice birthing hips"
    Like what.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    +1 for Stevie Nicks

"You have a unique set of skills that can turn any situation into an awkward one."
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Wow! That dress really makes you look thinner!
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    "Your facial stubble really brings out your eyes."

:huh:
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    @SheGlows LOL

The bridge of your nose has a nice curve.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My mom told my 33-year old husband she loved his crow's feet. She then went into great detail about how distinctive that looks on a man LOL
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow! You don't look as bad as you do on Facebook!
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    just came home to this stalkerish gem on fb chat from the brother of a guy i dated for 2 weeks when i was in hs.

10601139_10152671195572053_309041094_n.jpg?oh=a9693acf69d0ac7d3d425351c51d0cf3&oe=53E93D15&__gda__=1407758497_b10bd7997a09960625cddcf58f86c4b3

z0 unc0mfortabl
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Wow! You don't look as bad as you do on Facebook!

lol at least they didn't say wow you look better on fb
  • diespel
    diespel Posts: 700
    Options
    wow, you are beautiful. I think I would accept a friend request from you.
  • Jenuine17
    Jenuine17 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    "I like your feet. They look like feet that work."

Gee...thanks...????
  • Jenuine17
    Jenuine17 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You have trumpet lips- band teacher in 8th grade

LOL!
  • KristopherK1
    KristopherK1 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    "Your eyebrows are very expressive."
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    20 years ago, I was just a kid out of high school working for a photographer. I really have no idea what started this conversation - really - but I know I was lonely and had self esteem issues....I was an awkward person. I was not overweight at the time. I really can't remember what prompted my boss to say "Well, for one thing, you are not hard to look at."

I guess he intended to cheer me up and make me feel better. LOL.