no butter, no flour cookie recipe-only 74 cals!

Options

Replies

• ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What does bump mean? just a little puzzled I see it a lot, but the recipe sounds good have to try it.:smile:

Hi
    People write "bump" on a post when they want to bump it to the top of the list - that way we newbies get to see all the good posts from way back! I am going to have a go at these, they sound great don't they :smile:
  • perpetuallyfit
    perpetuallyfit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kybrandyb
    kybrandyb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump is just a way of "tagging" the post so it's easy to find again without writing a full fledged comment.

This recipe looks yummy. I have seen so many variations:
    substitute applesauce for the oil
    substitute chocolate chips for the raisins
    add cocoa powder
    add walnuts

Looks like a recipe I will have to make and experiment with to see how I like it best. If it turns out to be a good one, I may have to bring them to work for our next food party and not tell everyone how healthy they are and see what they all think! LOL I love tricking my co-workers into eating healthier food options! :laugh:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, thank you!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm adding 1 tbs of ground flax for an extra boost! I'm making it right now, can't wait to sample. Thanks!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this cookie recipe and they tasted great! I was looking for a recipe that was slightly sweet and would trick me into thinking i'm having a sweet snack when i'm really just having breakfast. With only five ingredients that you're sure to have on hand, give it a try!
    3 medium ripe bananas
    2c. rolled oats
    1c. raisins, or other chopped, dried fruit
    1/3c. oil
    1t. vanilla

Mash bananas, add other ingredients, mix well. Can add some salt to taste. Let sit for 15 minutes. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 24 cookies, 74 calories each.

I just baked these using 1 1/2 cup applesauce instead of bananas. I cut the oil and used 1/4 cup butter. I used a combination of raisins and craisins because that is what I had. Added some cinnamon, about 1/2 teaspoon. I baked it in a 8 x 8 greased pan at 350 for 30 minutes. It is good. Cut into 16 squares the calorie count wil be higher. You could spread it out into a thinner layer in a larger pan and cut into 24.
    Thanks for the posting.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm making some now. I replaced the oil with applesauce and the dried fruit with 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. :heart: According to my calculations (making 24 cookies) it's 52 calories, 10 carbs, 1 fat, 1 protein per cookie. Can't wait to eat one!

That sounds so awesome!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I'm making them at the moment! Just letting the mix sit for 15 minutes

If I make 24 out of them they come to 33kcals each, as I forgot to buy some dried fruit..Doh!

Might make them bigger
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe last night. I didn't have the rolled oats so used ground Cheerios instead. It's good! I used raisins and cinnamon and oil.
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Totally made this recipe last night--with my two-year-old's help (how to keep a two-year-old busy? Let her mash the bananas while I find all the other ingredients), added a dash of cinnamon and they are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing the recipe--have passed it on to several friends who are eating GF/ sugarfree/ dairy free/ egg free, etc.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a go at these, they sound great don't they :smile:

Well I made them, used t chopped dates for the fruit. I didn't know how it would work, but they did - I think leaving the mix to get all moist is what makes it all stick together. Delicious, thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou: Any more good recipes like this one??
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bumpers :heart:

I made these last night... I cannot say that they are able to take the place of a good oatmeal raisin cookie. I can see this as a breakfast option, but they didn't really fill my craving for a cookie.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this cookie recipe and they tasted great! I was looking for a recipe that was slightly sweet and would trick me into thinking i'm having a sweet snack when i'm really just having breakfast. With only five ingredients that you're sure to have on hand, give it a try!
    3 medium ripe bananas
    2c. rolled oats
    1c. raisins, or other chopped, dried fruit
    1/3c. oil
    1t. vanilla

Mash bananas, add other ingredients, mix well. Can add some salt to taste. Let sit for 15 minutes. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 24 cookies, 74 calories each.

I just baked these using 1 1/2 cup applesauce instead of bananas. I cut the oil and used 1/4 cup butter. I used a combination of raisins and craisins because that is what I had. Added some cinnamon, about 1/2 teaspoon. I baked it in a 8 x 8 greased pan at 350 for 30 minutes. It is good. Cut into 16 squares the calorie count wil be higher. You could spread it out into a thinner layer in a larger pan and cut into 24.
    Thanks for the posting.

This version of the recipe looks to have some potential. The original version didn't really do it for me. Thx for sharing. Will try this version soon. :smile:
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    ...What does bump mean!?

I'm glad I'm not the only one lost on this. :huh:
  • Remmygodd
    Options
    these look delicious...am going to try this today! :-)
  • clairelizapritch
    Options
    Yumm!!