5'6 161 pounds too big for a bikini??

Options
1235»

Replies

• marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been working out and TRYING to eat right... yes i count calories, but always go over.. I was feeling great wearing a 2 piece in my pool a couple weeks ago... but, wasn't so sure anymore after this weekend.

Im going to Las Vegas for Labor Day Weekend for a Bachlorette party and we have a few of the girls wearing 2 piece bikinis cause they have the big boobs and small waists.

I am 5'10 and 150 pounds... a size 9 in clothes... i was going to manage up the courage to wear a 2 piece in Vegas, but after talking to 2 of the girls that arent so skinny they were talking about wearing 1 pieces cause they dont want pics to end up on social media of them in bathingsuits.. i didnt care about wearing one, until then.

I'm glad i came across this post because i was starting to freak out about this weekend... Vegas has wannabe models all over those pools... and although i feel like i'll stick out like a sore thumb, i still want to buid that confidence to wear it and not care...

I've noticed that attitude and confidence is what really shines...
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You seem confident...so wear it. If you are not where you want to be, what is your plan to get there?

Robert
  • alexsondra34
    alexsondra34 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you look great!, but i think anybody should feel free to wear whatever they like, people do look but they forget one second later and besides it's usually because of their mental hang ups.

i like looking at people to challenge my insecurities. i.e. those little folds under the bra strap, actually even skinny people have them, only the very young, very fit ones seem to be 100 % smooth.

If you wonder if you should wear a bikini just go to the beach and take a good look around, we are all just human and you look great anyway.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I recommend walking around for a week or two in the house in your bikini, taking a second look every time you pass a mirror (or go all out and dance like a crazy lady in front of the mirror every time you pass it, which also burns calories and is fun besides). After awhile, your eyes stop fixating on the bits you don't like and you start seeing yourself as a person in a bikini instead of a bikini on a person who doesn't look like a bikini ad. And how many of us do or ever did? Just about none. MFP has a few, but selection bias.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/46851362@N05/14892347963/
    This is the bikini I want to wear. I've seen a lot of these forums but they don't have any pictures to show you what they look like anyway I'm 5'6 and 161 pounds ik I'm not fat but am I too big for a bikini I know there's no such thing as "too big" but what do you guys think?? Please don't sugar coat it if I'm not quite there yet I'll just keep trying....thanks for the feedback whoever comments:smile:

BTW this is from the side
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/46851362@N05/14849487516/

One of my pics is me in a bikini with my husband...this past Feb...I was 165...I was not too big for a bikini...go for it.
  • PSMTD
    PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How to get bikini body:

Step 1: buy bikini
    Step 2: put on body
    Step 3: enjoy!!

You go rock that bikini!!!! :smile:

YES! A thousand times over!