Which day of the week do you weigh in?

Options
I've been weighing myself on Sundays, but am thinking of switching to Fridays before the weekend dinners out, etc...

Though, I must admit by weighing myself Sundays, it keeps me in check on weekends...

Would love to hear what others do.

Thanks,

Jean

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but I prefer to look at overall trends. There is a cool site called trendweight that links with fitbit.com and takes your scale readings to determine your "Trend" weight.

For example:
    My last weigh in (on 8/8...forgot to weigh on 8/9) the scale said 184.4, but my trend is 186.8.
    Although scale readings may be all over the place, my trend has been constantly going down.
    2lxcg95.jpg
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    On days when I feel skinny lol

I would weigh myself everyday, but I don't have a scale yet. I'm using the scale at the gym. So when I feel like I've lost weight, I weigh myself at the gym, first thing in the am before eating
  • CarriesCalories
    CarriesCalories Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sunday only because I started on a Sunday and want to keep to a weekly weigh in.
  • luckycatfitness
    luckycatfitness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at different times of the day, every single day if I possibly can. I know lots of people recommend ignoring scale weight but I figure the more data I have to work with, the more accurate it will be. The range of fluctuation has narrowed since I've been counting the calories and I can almost predict what the scale will say before I step on it :)
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I usually do on Wednesdays, for no reason in particular.
  • kay699
    kay699 Posts: 12
    Options
    I usually weigh in on a Monday as it's a brand new week and let's you focus on what you want to achieve that week
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Friday... but signing up to weighttrend as we speak :)
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sunday, because I take measurements too and don't want to be doing it while in a hurry.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just the days with a 'y' in them.

If you want a mobile version of the website posted above, I like 'libra'; there's a few others too.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I usually record my weight on sundays, but i've put a pound on this week :ohwell: lol i've had the grandchildren here, so been a bit busy to watch what i'm eating lol That's my excuse anyway :tongue:
  • TonyH793
    TonyH793 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sunday's as it seemed the obvious day to do it and I'm now thinking hard as to why but can't lol
  • Missfit35
    Options
    Daily...
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in on a Monday as it's a brand new week and let's you focus on what you want to achieve that week

I second what @kay699 said. :)
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm another daily weigher. I find that I'm less discouraged by fluctuation this way and it helps keep me in check. Plus I really like seeing how things affect my weight, what makes me hold more water, etc.
  • onlystavros
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning. I normally exercise harder on a Sunday as it's my only day off. It's just a psychological thing.
  • Jenuine17
    Jenuine17 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself the week after my period has ended.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Daily for me, although like to keep an open mind as to alternatives, especially when thinking ahead to what I will do during maintenance. Sunday seems like a good option, although the thought of weighing Monday & then Fri/ Sat I can see the appeal to also, at least if you were to split the week in terms of eating well Mon-Fri, and the cutting loose the weekend. Ah, anyway, these are more maintenance thoughts :)
  • arnostbilej
    Options
    Always on Mondays and always naked (wouldn't want those few ounces influence my reading!).
  • Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my weigh in day, also my cheat day, eat whatever I like within reason but still log my calories so I don't go too mad!!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I was weighing in weekly I would weigh in on Monday mornings. Then I tried daily for a while.

Now I weigh in when I think of it. Sometimes its every day or two. Other times it is a couple of weeks. And I admit I try to avoid weighing in on days I feel fat :embarassed: