Which day of the week do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Damn scale sees more action than I do!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

LOL

Another for everyday but I look at trends, using IOS Happy Scale app
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only log it on Fridays.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Saturdays, so I can be a bit more lenient with food on the weekends.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but officially weigh in on Sundays.
  • BattyP
    BattyP Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself every morning after the loo and in the nude!! lol. I feel that I can keep a good eye on it to stay on track. But we do have our official weigh in on a Saturday morning with our measurements too. I have to confess that I do also weigh myself before I go to bed and I always seem to lose two pounds over night lol. :flowerforyou:
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

LOL

Yup me too! I log my 'lowest in last 10 days' as my "official" weigh-in every Saturday on MFP.
  • stargazerjade
    Options
    Everyday, in the morning.
    If you weigh once a week it will make no difference which day you choose. You will see your weekly weight loss anyway.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've started weighing in twice a week. Thurs and Mon. This way I get the end of the week and the end of the weekend. For Thurs I shoot for a loss. For Mon, I like a small loss, but I'm really doing it for accountability so I don't overdo it over the weekend with the idea that I have until Thurs to fix it.
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only log it on Fridays.

This.
  • lucky_duck18
    Options
    I weigh myself monthly, otherwise I get obsessive about it! Last weekday of the month normally.
  • awak3ned
    awak3ned Posts: 64
    Options
    My official recorded weigh in day is on Sunday, but sometimes I check in during the week.
  • inhobbited
    Options
    Sometimes I'll check through the week, but my official weigh-in day is Sunday. :) Apparently, I'm in good company!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    daily in the morning when wake up and after i have gone to the bathroom.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every few days, it kind of wanders but typically I'll do it Friday and Monday. I kind of like to know my weight leading into the weekend, and then leading out of it as well. Same as the OP I'm trying to keep myself accountable on weekends.

I also have a habit of checking in on my weight on days where I've either been really high or really low on my sodium to see how much that affects my weight. For example, I gained two lbs of water weight yesterday after the boyfriend convinced me to have Mary Brown's chicken for dinner since I had the calories left -- over 7000mg in sodium that day.
  • japaneseboy
    japaneseboy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sundays. weekend makes the most sense to me because i can have a rest day before and take my time measuring (weight, body fat(caliper, tape)) and documenting everything in mfp / excel.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm intrigued by this idea of everyday weigh-ins using a tool (IOS Happy Scale app?) that gives me an average weight off the week...I'd use that average number as my weekly MFP log in...

Where do I get this app? Still a newby to MFP and learning from y'all :wink:

Thx, JC

LOL

Yup me too! I log my 'lowest in last 10 days' as my "official" weigh-in every Saturday on MFP.
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Everyday, but I prefer to look at overall trends. There is a cool site called trendweight that links with fitbit.com and takes your scale readings to determine your "Trend" weight.

For example:
    My last weigh in (on 8/8...forgot to weigh on 8/9) the scale said 184.4, but my trend is 186.8.
    Although scale readings may be all over the place, my trend has been constantly going down.
    2lxcg95.jpg

Where do I get this FitBit and how do I link if to my scale? So new to this so lots of questions...:wink:
  • suej19
    suej19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every day - can't resist!
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    I've started weighing in twice a week. Thurs and Mon. This way I get the end of the week and the end of the weekend. For Thurs I shoot for a loss. For Mon, I like a small loss, but I'm really doing it for accountability so I don't overdo it over the weekend with the idea that I have until Thurs to fix it.

Oooh this is a good idea, too! Thx!