MILK IS BAD FOR ME?! HA! well....(MUST READ*)

Options

Replies

• joleanrook
    Options
    I think everyone has made their respective points, although not all respectfully. Anyone who wants to continue *fighting* about this really has way too much time on their hands. I've said my peace, now I've got more important things to do.

The bottom line = Proverbs 26:4
    (NLT is my favorite translation for this one ;)
  • ash15nicole
    Options

someone already said that. If you were to read the article you would undestand why I made that statement. Rather than just read what i wrote and criticize.

Whoa.. Chill...

I was just making a joke...

except for that beer part.. that's serious stuff there.

haha ok that wasn't all completely directed at you. just getting a lot of crap for this for some reason.
    oh and i wont touch on your beer sorrry about that. :P
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    I think everyone has made their respective points, although not all respectfully. Anyone who wants to continue *fighting* about this really has way too much time on their hands. I've said my peace, now I've got more important things to do.

The bottom line = Proverbs 26:4
    (NLT is my favorite translation for this one ;)

Completely agree with you on the Proverbs 26:4 there :-)
  • m_Wysor
    Options
    I'm in a glass box of emotions right now about this lol.
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    no need in crying over spilled milk errbody!!! lol. Can someone sum up the article it's too dang long!!
  • ksimmons19
    Options
    and I just have to say- this is the first posting I've yet to see on this site in which people argue and get a little snarky with one another- interesting that it was over MILK!!! lol! this is kinda funny.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Humans in the western world evolved to eat the milk of other animals because it was one of the only available food sources around: goats and cows. To say that its "wrong" or "Unnatural" to eat milk is silly. Did you know ants heard aphids and milk fluid off of them to consume? We aren't the only animal that does this per se, but we are the only animal that has evolved enough to cultivate plants and raise livestock of our own, so its as natural to drink milk as it is for us to raise crops and domesticate animals. We've evolved to be resourceful animals and use whatever we have on hand for sustinence. While our bodies arent originaly designed for milk consumption after infancy, westerners have adapted to become tolerant of lactose and can actually produce an enzyme to break it down. Milk and dairy is very nutritionally rich, and not all fat is bad fat you know. That said, i think people have a problem with moderation of said products, and I do agree that younger children should be drinking it more. The whole got milk thing is a ploy to get you to buy milk. Moderation is key.

Thank you. You got it exactly spot on. I have just taken a dairy class in college so I may be a bit biased, BUT learn the scientific facts before you decide. First of all, soy, rice or almond "milk" isn't milk (definition: liquid secreted from the mammary glands of female ANIMALS) It is a mere milk replacement beverage, with added calcium, not real calcium. Humans (in the West) now have the scn4 gene to digest milk past infancy. when humans evolved, it was because we started eating ANIMAL protein!! that made our brains develop! Milk does not have a lot of fat in it. Whole milk only has 8g per cup. It's not a lot compared to other foods, you just have to fit it in your calories instead of that soda or bread.

Milk has been proven to reduce the risk of many cancers and cardiovascular disease. The hormones in milk don't matter. Who cares if the milk has rBST in it, when it gets degraded in your stomach. Who cares if it has a little estrogen? Soy "milk" has much more estrogen than cow's milk. The hormones are almost completely denatured in your stomach! Plus a person would have to consume TONS of milk (and less soy beverage) to create a rise in their body estrogen levels. Furthermore, rBST (BOVINE growth hormone) is cow specific and won't effect humans.

Please don't just stop drinking milk because of a biased article. You need to do your research on your dairy industry and biological facts of milk digestion before deciding. I realize it's a personal choice for everyone, I would just appreciate it if the general population got informed before making rash decisions.
  • bigcoon103
    Options
    Don't know if milk is bad really , but am lactose intolerant. Messes with my stomach, don't touch the stuff myself. I do like the almond milk, you can keep the soy. Everybody has their own opinion, so don't worry about others.
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The young lady only gave information about "MILK" and it seems to cause a lot of negative postings......

That is ready sad, because I really liked what she did in doing the research and giving the website for everyone to read.

I hope that some of the negatives responses, don't stop you from continuing on doing other researches and sharing it with MFP Community.

I have always enjoyed reading everyone's posting, especially when the person that originally posted the topic did some research on the topic.

Keep up the good work, I think that you did a great job in researching about "MILK" and the informaiton that you gave to MFP was great to know.
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    Thank you for the positive posts.

Howard- thank you for understanding what I created this post for. strictly information. Although, all the negative responses have really changed my mind about posting again on here. I'll just keep it to my MFP friends.
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are arguing if they believe in evolution in a thread about milk.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I just have to add that "regular milk" is human breastmilk... a lot of people seem to have forgotten that. I formula feed (Nutramigen) because I am on a prescription transmitted through breastmilk. Luckily I was able to the first month. My baby is allergic to cow's milk (severe eczema all over her head and face) so we are still trying to figure out what she can drink (trying out soy as well though I am not a fan). Point is- I wish I could have continued to feed her "regular milk" which is the milk from my body.
  • mamastuck
    Options

Howard- thank you for understanding what I created this post for. strictly information. Although, all the negative responses have really changed my mind about posting again on here. I'll just keep it to my MFP friends.

Dont you know people who are dieting are just cranky LMAO so a joke..... Thanks for the article I found it to be informative and will lead me into further research because I am now curious. Keep your head up and remeber KISS YOURSELF YOUR GORGEOUS
  • ksimmons19
    Options
    don't let this stop you from posting!!!! I was serious when I said this was the first negative posting I've seen on here!!! I assure you everyone here is really positive and encouraging. It's the holidays- we're all in misery :) lol
  • ash15nicole
    Options

Dont you know people who are dieting are just cranky LMAO so a joke..... Thanks for the article I found it to be informative and will lead me into further research because I am now curious. Keep your head up and remeber KISS YOURSELF YOUR GORGEOUS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I am cracking up!!! and thank you very much :-)
    and 87lb loss?! THATS INCREDIBLE! very inspiring. keep up the great work! <3 x
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    don't let this stop you from posting!!!! I was serious when I said this was the first negative posting I've seen on here!!! I assure you everyone here is really positive and encouraging. It's the holidays- we're all in misery :) lol

lol thanks. I'm am SO not controversial haha so when this started a debate I'm like oh dang it.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Oh and I just wanted to add... prior to July 2010, I drank a gallon of cow's milk by myself in 2 days... so 3.5 gallons consumed a week. It was ALL that I drank. When I had my last daughter, I cut out cow dairy products, except cheese rarely, so I would force myself to drink water. Now I only drink water, at least 100oz a day. I'm not anti-cow's milk or a breastfeeding fanatic (although I strongly support it and I feed my child processed "milk")... just wanted to point out how our (as a society) definition of regular milk has come to automatically mean cow's milk and not the milk of our own species. I find it ironic.
  • mamastuck
    Options

GRR I wish it was 87lb los lol Thats what I have left to go lol I have lost 21lbs. Im super cool with that!
  • ash15nicole
    Options

GRR I wish it was 87lb los lol Thats what I have left to go lol I have lost 21lbs. Im super cool with that!

oh i read that wrong. ok 87, 21...that is STILL INCREDIBLE!!!! honestly. Very inspiring that you have stuck with it to lose 21 lbs!!! Keep going!! You will reach that 87 lbs loss :-)
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    Humans in the western world evolved to eat the milk of other animals because it was one of the only available food sources around: goats and cows. To say that its "wrong" or "Unnatural" to eat milk is silly. Did you know ants heard aphids and milk fluid off of them to consume? We aren't the only animal that does this per se, but we are the only animal that has evolved enough to cultivate plants and raise livestock of our own, so its as natural to drink milk as it is for us to raise crops and domesticate animals. We've evolved to be resourceful animals and use whatever we have on hand for sustinence. While our bodies arent originaly designed for milk consumption after infancy, westerners have adapted to become tolerant of lactose and can actually produce an enzyme to break it down. Milk and dairy is very nutritionally rich, and not all fat is bad fat you know. That said, i think people have a problem with moderation of said products, and I do agree that younger children should be drinking it more. The whole got milk thing is a ploy to get you to buy milk. Moderation is key.

well if you believe in evolution maybe that makes sense but thats a whole other debate I dont think needs to be discussed in this forum. You say for me to say its "wrong" or "unnatural" to eat milk is silly...well I think evolution is silly. But we wont get into that. I was just posting what ive found in my research. if you want to believe it, great. if you dont, thats great too. No need to criticize (and this isnt just in reply to this post..its to everyone who has and will comment- in general.)
    I was posting this as a informative nutrition article not a topic for debate, If you disagree with the article and with my findings, I AM OKAY WITH THAT!

I really don't think Marisama44 is criticizing but rather just stating her opinion :smile: ... anyway, ok so milk ... well read the article and i do agree with some of it but mankind have been drinking milk for centuries, i wouldn't worry about milk killing me. :bigsmile: