Will diet pills help?

Options
I've been reading lots into the ketone raspberry ones that seem to be on offer everywhere,

I'm currently doing a 30 day and challenge and 30 day squat challenge but I'm finding even though I'm aching from the workouts and eating within my calorie target I'm struggling not to indulge at weekends

I'm a busy mum of a 3 year old and sometimes find I always ensure he eats at the correct times but I'm trying to avoid bread aswell as want to loss this podge I have going on

Both my parents are over 20stone and my brother and sister aren't exactly small I'm the smallest of the family at 10stone but I just worry I will just get fatter as that's what's in my genes :(

Just want to look good and feel comfortable with my weight

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    In response to the question in the topic....

No.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    No they won't

Eat at a calorie deficit, log your food accurately and honestly, find an activity you like, and don't waste your money. Good luck
  • kay699
    kay699 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks I'm doing that at the moment just want to lose weight quicker and when you read all these things they make it sound so easy but it's not
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm doing that at the moment just want to lose weight quicker and when you read all these things they make it sound so easy but it's not

Yeah, don't get sucked in. Your family may have cultivated a lifestyle of eating larger quantities or calories of food, but if you do not eat as much as they do, there's nothing in your genes that will make you as big as they are.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    No!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I've been reading lots into the ketone raspberry ones that seem to be on offer everywhere,

2012 called, and they want their diet fad back

The answer is "No".
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No!
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would say no as diet pills can cause serious health problems and could effect your heart. If you loose weight to fast you are probably loosing muscle as well as fat. Hence why some people die from heart failure as the heart is a muscle and you can make it weaker as loosing muscle.

Drink and eat foots to burn fat faster but stay in your calories limit for the day. I.e green tea, water, almonds, avocado, Greek yogurt, blue berries, chick peas, oats, fibre foods, kale, spinach etc.

Hope this helps.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Sure it helps.. helps them in getting your $$.
  • kay699
    kay699 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone it's really supportive
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Very surprised that there hasn't been someone on yet with their first post saying they have been losing 5lb every week since they started on the Raspberry Ketones as they always seem to pop up on these questions, OP the advice you have been given above is absolutely sound, stick to getting a deficit, eat healthily and try to keep up with your exercise (brisk walking has worked wonders for me) and rest assured the lbs will come off and you will feel more fitter and energetic.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone it's really supportive
    By this response, I'm not sure if you're offended at some of the responses. :smile:

That said, please do stay away from diet pills. The only power they have is the power people give to them--the only reason people think they are magic is because of their caffeine and/or amphetamine type properties. All that is needed to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

If you want to lose weight, just work hard to make sure you eat less than you burn. For me, the tools I learned long ago, as well as here, have been helpful:

*Weighing all food I eat to ensue correct calories
    *Logging everything I eat and only my cardio exercise
    *Buying a heart rate monitor to measure my calorie burns to ensure those estimates are as accurate as I can get them

These are just the things that worked for me.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If those things REALLY worked, the lines at the stores would be MILES long, they'd be thousands of dollars and on backorder forever.

Eat less/move more :)
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've done Green Coffee Extract with Raspberry Ketones and Green Tea Extract, and I didn't notice enough of an accelerated weight loss to keep up with it. I tried this for three months,

I also tried Garcinia Cambogia Extract with Green Coffee Extra and Raspberry Ketones. That also did not provide any noticeable results other than digestive problems. I tried this for one month

Waste of money if you ask me.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    However, what IS working for me is logging all of my food accurately, eating at a deficet, and exercising regularly
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    losing weight quicker means losing muscle, and that means your body will burn less calories. and THAT means you'll probably be putting any weight you lose right back on, plus a few more pounds because muscle is what burns calories. have less muscle and your body loses less calories.

btw, losing weight IS very simple - not always very easy, but very simple. eat or burn so you're at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight unless you have a thyroid problem, which can be treated.

diet pills, btw, are addictive, can be bad for your heart (prescription diet pills are speed) and every person i know who used them put the weight on as soon as they stopped taking them - and i've known a lot of people who took diet pills.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Dexatrim worked, but they pulled it off the market because it was legal speed.

Alli supposedly works. I didn't try it. I wasn't taking the risk of pooping my pants to find out.

A lot of people are saying good things about green tea extract. I'm reserving judgement.

Eating less and exercising more - that's the best way. IMO. :)
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If it does help I would guess it's purely psychological. You think you're supposed to be less hungry so in return you are.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Indian-guy-hell-no-GIF.gif
  • hotbikermama40
    Options
    Can I get an AMEN?!!!:happy: