Adventure With 21 Day Fix

Options
124»

Replies

• northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Encouragement Idea :flowerforyou:

Okay, so I'm REALLY bad at goals and rewards, so I thought I'd try this. I bought myself a charm bracelet and for every 5 lbs I lose I get a new charm. My hope is that when I want to make a bad choice, it will serve as a representation of all the hard work I've done :happy:
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I kind of don't like how people are supporting but yet mocking you in this thread for doing 21 day fix? I thought the point of MFP is to be able to be a community in which we support one another, in whatever way we choose to lose the weight? The beauty is that you can always find someone in a similar boat as you whether it's goal, program choice, etc. So if one decides to take a beachbody program and use it to accomplish their goals, what's the difference from paying to go to the gym instead of using the outdoors which is free? I support you on your 21 fix jounrey. I know people who have completed it and love it because not only is it 7, 30 min exercises a week, but it also helps you to get your clean eating on track :)

I love the point you made here with paying for a gym versus exercising "for free" outside or even at home. I don't understand why people want to bash others for using a different approach. OP even said she personally didn't like calling it a "fix" but that's what the program is called...that's not her saying she is going to be "fixed" in 21 days. To each his own. It works if you work it...whatever it is for you! :)
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Encouragement Idea :flowerforyou:

Okay, so I'm REALLY bad at goals and rewards, so I thought I'd try this. I bought myself a charm bracelet and for every 5 lbs I lose I get a new charm. My hope is that when I want to make a bad choice, it will serve as a representation of all the hard work I've done :happy:

That's a great idea!
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I was on MFP for three years and did really well with my weight (lost the 10 lbs I wanted to and then did a bulk and recomp cycle), but I became completely obsessed with hitting my macros perfectly. I started carb cycling and doing all sorts of ridiculous adjustments striving for perfection. When I would fail I would binge...it was a nasty cycle. I didn't realize how disordered my eating had become until I had a breakdown over pasta noodles accidently going down the drain and how I was going to log (because I'd weighed the pasta before cooking it). I finally realized how overboard and unbearable I'd become.

I don't do the 21 Day Fix workouts (I lift heavy and box instead), but the meal plan has been a life savior. I didn't realize how few veggies I was eating! I'm eating 2000+ calories/day to maintain my weight, and the containers/day I'm allotted are perfect. I've been eating this way for two weeks now and never once thought the food wasn't enough (and I can EAT!). I'm not as obsessed with food as I was--I don't spend hours tweaking my macros and measuring EXACTLY 16g of PB. 14g, 20g? Close enough!