Salmon

Options
mmmm...Salmon. I love it, but I am kinda getting bored with how to make it? Any advice on salmon?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    do you ever put teryaki on it and grill it? Or grind up and make salmon burgers? cook and break up over a salad? I guess how are you fixing it?
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    My favorite way to make it is to steam it and switch up what seasonings I put on it... lemon and dill, seafood seasoning, garlic pepper, etc etc... But it does give it different tastes :)
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I wrap mine in foil, marinate it in Ittalian dressing, then BBQ it. YUMMY.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Salmon Tacos - so good.
    Salmon Omelette - again, delicious
    Salmon and scrambled eggs - see Omelette
    Salmon Pizza - mmmmmmm with black olives,
    Salmon Loaf (like a meat loaf)
    Salmon Croquettes - see Loaf, just individual servings
    Salmon Patties -
    Salmon Burgers - use patties on a whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomato

See - http://www.salmonrecipes.us/
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My fav is salmon steaks cooked on the grill with only Chicken seasonings from Mrs Dash :) YUM!!! Another way I like it is baking a whole salmon in the oven wrapped in tin foil, put some slices onions, pepper, dill weed and some lemon slices - Yum as well!!!
  • eham22
    eham22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lemon pepper a little olive oil on the pan and cook it on the stove top it is fantastic and you can hardly taste the fishiness either and serve over rice or veggies:)
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Salmon Tacos - so good.
    Salmon Patties -

This was totally a bubba gump post.

(i love the ideas... i just heard bubba talking in my head about shrimp as i read it...lol)
  • cxbenson
    Options
    Cover the salmon in honey and and pour soy sauce over it and let it soak up over night and bake. Its absolutely amazing!!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I like to buy smoked salmon and put it on a toasted bagel with cream cheese and a slice of tomato.
  • SlipperySlope
    Options
    Sprinkle a *little* bit of brown sugar, powdered ginger, and S&P; then bake.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    lemon pepper a little olive oil on the pan and cook it on the stove top it is fantastic and you can hardly taste the fishiness either and serve over rice or veggies:)
    oh SO simple...I must try this! I've got some Salmon and it's always frightened me because it's so costly and I didn't want to ruin it...:blushing: if I messed it up.:laugh:

Appreciate any other tips...

Salmon Tacos - so good.
    Salmon Patties -

Awesome! I think I've overcomplicated Salmon all this time!
    My fav is salmon steaks cooked on the grill with only Chicken seasonings from Mrs Dash :) YUM!!! Another way I like it is baking a whole salmon in the oven wrapped in tin foil, put some slices onions, pepper, dill weed and some lemon slices - Yum as well!!!

Oops...this is from 2010... guess it's getting bumped... thought it was recent!:blushing: :tongue:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    In a Baggie I
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    In a Baggie I put:
    Salmon large fillet-wild if possible
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup
    1/4 cup low sodium ginger soy sauce
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Lots of fresh ground pepper

Gently mix together and place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
    Place in baking dish and bake at 400' for 20 minutes.
    Yum!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Get some full fat plain greek yogurt and chop up some fresh dill and garlic, mix it all together. Cover each salmon fillet and bake in the oven. Delicious!
  • Brat8
    Brat8 Posts: 2
    Options
    season it with you favorite seasonings and wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill for a few minutes!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All of these ideas sound wonderful!

I adore salmon. We usually buy it pre-marinated from the seafood dept at our local Hannaford. We buy the bourbon marinated kind. So good.

But I've also simply grilled it brushed with teriyaki, too. Delish.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I eat a slice of smoked salmon every 2nd day on my 2 eggs and piece of toast (only thing that would make it better is hollandaise sauce!). Only my 8yo and I eat it and it's expensive so I don't eat it as much as I should. I do buy a tin of salmon and a tin of tuna and make fish patties. Yummy with salad or on a burger.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with mine plain under the grill. I take the skin off though to get rid of the layer of grey fat beneath, and I just eat it with boiled broccoli, asparagus, cottage cheese and avocado
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Go easy, , , but a thin coating of mayonnaise & a sprinkle of shredded (not grated powder) parmesan before baking. Then finish off under the broiler to brown the cheese. Mmmmmmm!
  • nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Marinated in soy sauce, white wine, mustard, ginger and a little sugar or honey. Or my sister does a great curried salmon. Or just on the grill with some lemon, garlic salt and dill.