Salmon

Options

Replies

• Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    DH and I make 'Firecracker' marinade and marinate it for a few hours or a day, then wrap in foil packs and bake or throw on the grill. So good, esp with a little rice.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I coat mine in some good high quality mustard and bake - makes almost a crust and works well with almost any mustard
    also sriracha/syrup/lime juice is a good glaze/marinade before baking
    sometimes I'll cut it up and sprinkle with lemon pepper and put on veggie kabobs on the grill
    LOVE smoked salmon eggs benedicts, but not the healthiest option ;)
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just made salmon for dinner tonight! I brushed it with a little olive oil, sprinkled with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence. I made a glaze to spread on top with balsamic vinegar and strawberries. (Simmer some balsamic vinegar, add chopped strawberries, cook for a bit, mash with a potato masher, and take off heat when a syrupy consistency.) I baked at 425 for about 10 minutes, and it was delicious!
  • rianne04
    rianne04 Posts: 51
    Options
    I just had salmon for lunch! Just put lemon, salt and pepper then pan fried! have a dipping sauce of soy sauce at the side. Served it with leafy greens.

Gotta bump this post though so I can look at it when I get bored with my pan fried salmon!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I grill it and glaze the top with a mixture of brown sugar, whole-grain mustard, soy sauce, ginger and a dab of (real) butter. So yummy!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    hoison sauce on top...broil..yum.. add sliced hot peppers too.
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    I love plain salmon on a bed of cous cous salad or little bits of it mixed in my scrambled eggs YUM! (might go buy salmon this afternoon)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    raw is by far the best way to eat it.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Glad someone did bump up this older posting, I've been getting some nice half off lowest price on some salmon filets at Fry's grocery...got a nice 12 oz piece (made 3 servings tonite) for about $3.00.

I'm always looking for some good tasty recipes, as salmon is so easy , quick to cook and high in omega 3. I've been using some Imperial vs olive oil in the pan, lemon pepper seasoning and either kosher salt or sea salt, pan fry. Next want to find some low cal/carb/sugar marinade and try that with the next filet I find.
  • thebrock7
    thebrock7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mmmm...Salmon. I love it, but I am kinda getting bored with how to make it? Any advice on salmon?

What are you currently doing that you are bored of? I love Salmon too but don't want to bore you further with suggestions you are already sick to death of :)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Cedar Plank BBQ ed Pecan crusted Salmon . Outstanding and easy.
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Mix whole grain/course ground mustard, dijon mustard, fresh rosemary, pepper, a touch of olive oil and a splash of white wine vinegar and some chopped fresh garlic. Broil the salmon for a couple of minutes, top with mixture and return to broil until as done as you like it :)
  • pheasant5
    pheasant5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In a Baggie I put:
    Salmon large fillet-wild if possible
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup
    1/4 cup low sodium ginger soy sauce
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Lots of fresh ground pepper

Gently mix together and place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
    Place in baking dish and bake at 400' for 20 minutes.
    Yum!
  • pheasant5
    pheasant5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use this too............ but I add Jack Daniels & fresh grated ginger to marinate for 24 hours and then grill it over charcoal on a cedar plank. LOVE IT!!
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    ok quit, y'all are making me hungry!
  • kayamora
    kayamora Posts: 4
    Options
    you could make a veggie based stir-fry with it using low calorie cooking spray or margarine.

my suggestion would be to fry up asparagus, carrot and broccoli with the salmon, add pepper, chilli powder and a few squirts of fresh lemon.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would never get tired of smoked salmon if I could afford it... yummmmm!
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I wrap mine in foil, marinate it in Ittalian dressing, then BBQ it. YUMMY.

This is what I do, except without the foil, and I marinate it overnight. It really is my favorite way to eat salmon.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just baked some and it came out really nicely. I put the fillet skin side down in a pyrex baking dish and spread Gray Poupon coarse ground mustard on top and then put thin slices of lemon on top of that. I baked uncovered for about 15-20 mins at 400f. It was yum and totally easy!

Sometimes I marinate for a while in soy sauce, diced garlic and lemon juice and cook it skin side down on the outside grill. That's tasty too.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Maple mustard salmon. Mix brown mustard with maple syrup and brush it on both sides. You can grill or broil to perfection.