Just Joined My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi there. My name is Maria and I am from Adelaide, South Australia. I have been overweight for such a long time and last year I went to see a natropath who did some tests and said that my Liver was not functioning correctly. I lost 18kg while going to her. Unfortunately I have put 7kg back on because I have been put on some medication by my doctor and it seems to be making me gain. I have started logging all my food on the diary tracker but I am worried that I have to have 1800 calories a day to loose 1kg a week and I do not know how I am going to eat that many calories when my body does not process carbs or sugars very well.
Any suggestions from anyone who has a similar problem would be a great help.

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Nice to meet you! You have come to the right place if you want to lose weight. This site and the people here have taught me so much about what to do and what not to do to lose the extra weight and to get healthy!! Welcome aboard!!! Good luck on your journey:)
  • katikati
    Options
    Hi Ya I've been a member for about a week now and am finding it really helpful keeping a food diary and tracking what I am eating calorie wise. At the end of dinner time I often find I have some calories left and so I can have a treat ..mmm like some chocolate and
    because it takes me to my daily limit I don't have guilt! Lets face it we don't need guilt when fighting belly fat Lol.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Try adding nuts as a daily part of your diet. They're high in calories but healthy and not carbs or sugars. GL
  • Mariahef
    Mariahef Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks Julie, thats a great idea. I will add some.