Couch to 5k

Replies

• iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    I also use the podcasts. I downloaded the ones from runningintoshape.com and they are great!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    i'll be starting today! Does itunes have a podcast too?
  • Completed my first C25K workout this morning. The playlist was a great help! How are others entering it on their exercise diaries? Just adding up the amount of time spent walking and jogging? I can't wait to do it again on Friday! Thanks all!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Yep - I wanna start it too - as long as the treadmill is working upstairs at work, I'm the only one who uses our workout area so when something breaks it's like pulling teeth to get it fixed unfortunatly!
  • Does anyone know if you can do the Couch to 5k on an Elliptical Machine?
  • I'm starting tonight at the gym :D
  • amcmillan730
    I'm starting tonight too... kind of scared. haha. Not sure if you can do it on an elliptical or not. I think the idea is to train to run/jog. But I could be wrong.
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    I finished Week 2, Workout 2 yesterday :).
  • Anyone else using the Android App? I just downloaded it for tonight
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    I'm re-doing it to work on my speed. It's a great program.
  • amcmillan730
    how do i log calories for c25k w/o a hrm?
  • JoyousRen
    I always just put the number of minutes I ran and the number of minutes I walked as seperate entries.
    Example: "Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes"
    8 min of jogging at 6.0 mph (or what ever speed you run)
    12 min of walking at 3.5 mph (or what ever speed you walk)
  • amcmillan730
    starting week 1 in about 30 minutes. im actually kinda nervous!
  • amcmillan730 how'd it go? I was surprised at how well I did this morning considering it was 23 degrees! I wanted to go first thing but it was only 15 and I thought that was too cold!
  • amcmillan730
    i did it on the track at the gym using a podcast... by run 5 my legs already felt like jello. am i the only who is struggling with day 1 week 1? haha.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    i did it on the track at the gym using a podcast... by run 5 my legs already felt like jello. am i the only who is struggling with day 1 week 1? haha.

Day 2 and 3 of week 1 will be easier, then week 2 will kick in and the first day will seem harder, then it will get easier again. Trust the process! I made it through 8 weeks last year before I messed up my knee horseback riding . Every week I would start on day 1 thinking I couldn't do it, but turns out I could! You can do it, too!!!
  • JoyousRen
    Nope, I think everyone struggles with the program. That's why it works, because you have a goal and you have to push yourself to acheive it. Before you know it, you'll running the whole 30 minutes. :bigsmile:
  • amcmillan730
    i will do it. because i feel like sometimes i can't... so that makes me more determined to do it... if that makes sense at all? haha. just a little nervous for tomorrow.
  • JoyousRen
    i will do it. because i feel like sometimes i can't... so that makes me more determined to do it... if that makes sense at all? haha. just a little nervous for tomorrow.
    I get it completely! I get so bored during workouts if I don't feel like I'm going to die. And tomorrow will be great.
  • iamamalia
    iamamalia Posts: 21 Member
    i definitely struggled through week 1 day 1, and will probably have a hard time when i do week 1 day 2 later tonight.... but it felt so good afterwards to know that i did it without stopping. mini victories lol...
    hopefully it well get easier as our bodies get used to running
This discussion has been closed.