My dietician keeps body shaming me :(

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Did you really use the words body shaming and triggering un-ironically?

Also, common sense would have went far here. The only failure of your dietitian was assuming you would apply some.

Completely unnecessary comment. Perhaps you should refrain from giving input when the OP is a recovering ED. Of course, that would require some common sense.

Because coddling works so well.

And how many eating disorders have you successfully recovered from?

Zero. Remember, common sense? I like that everyone here gets all uppity when someone posts a sob story belonging on tumblr when someone doesn't treat them like an abandoned puppy because "OH MY AN EATING DISORDER," yet people will gladly thrash around like a bunch of morons if someone dares to say they eat sub 1k calories, because that's what everyone else does. Not like that's an eating disorder, either.

I treat all people equally. Thanks.

There is a big difference from someone attempting to recover from an eating disorder and someone who is in complete denial of it.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

Also, common sense would have went far here. The only failure of your dietitian was assuming you would apply some.

GTFO

+1
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Tell your doctor you want a different dietician.

Also this.

If it isn't working for you, you need someone new. Good or bad, it has to be someone you're comfortable with.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference from someone attempting to recover from an eating disorder and someone who is in complete denial of it.

QFT
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Completely unnecessary comment. Perhaps you should refrain from giving input when the OP is a recovering ED. Of course, that would require some common sense.

Zero. Remember, common sense? I like that everyone here gets all uppity when someone posts a sob story belonging on tumblr when someone doesn't treat them like an abandoned puppy because "OH MY AN EATING DISORDER," yet people will gladly thrash around like a bunch of morons if someone dares to say they eat sub 1k calories, because that's what everyone else does. Not like that's an eating disorder, either.

I wish I was still young and had all the answers.
    Life has a funny way of sneaking up and humbling us.

Good luck when it happens to you.
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

With every word you type you come off as less intelligent and more angry, obviously not with anyone here, but your own failings in life.

You think someone with an eating disorder just needs your brand of internet tough love to recover? Are you that poorly informed? And if you are why post about something you clearly know so little about?

You brag about how much common sense you have, but you display none. You're trying desperately to convince yourself that you're smart and you know what's up, but to everyone else it's obvious how small you are inside.

You would do yourself a favor if you stopped talking.

Brettpgh Have I told you lately that I love you:flowerforyou:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting help. That is a great first step.

I think you probably have a miscommunication issue going on with your dietician as on the face of it the advice sounds generally sensible. I don't think you have messed up your liver but rather made it work harder than was perhaps necessary given your food intake.

It sounds like you may have EDNOS so seeing a therapist is a good idea no matter what you decide with your dietician.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

With every word you type you come off as less intelligent and more angry, obviously not with anyone here, but your own failings in life.

You think someone with an eating disorder just needs your brand of internet tough love to recover? Are you that poorly informed? And if you are why post about something you clearly know so little about?

You brag about how much common sense you have, but you display none. You're trying desperately to convince yourself that you're smart and you know what's up, but to everyone else it's obvious how small you are inside.

Maybe I'm mad because what's small ISN'T inside, bro. Ever think of that?

Wow! Are you like trolling yourself? :noway:

Did you just openly admit on the internet what I think you openly admitted??!?!? :noway: :noway:
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Is she a dietitian or a nutritionist? There's a difference.
  • ladyblue100
    ladyblue100 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think your kind of going over board with with junk food. I don't know why your eating so much junk. I think your dietitian is just trying to help you get back to a normal body weight. I think your taking one extreme to the next. Which often happens with food disorders....

I am sorry she made you feel bad but perhaps you need to find a new dietitian. One that might encourage better habits.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I think your kind of going over board with with junk food. I don't know why your eating so much junk. I think your dietitian is just trying to help you get back to a normal body weight. I think your taking one extreme to the next. Which often happens with food disorders....

I am sorry she made you feel bad but perhaps you need to find a new dietitian. One that might encourage better habits.

No.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Probably not what she wants or needs to hear.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options

I'd hoped you'd at least be clever. You're not, just angry and stupid. You're a bore.

Don't forget to tip that fedora on the way out, my friend.
    the troll is strong in this one
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    just get big implants. that will add like 15 lbs.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    go to bodybuilding.com there are a lot of good articles about how to gain healthy weight and muscle. That nutritionist obviously doesn't know what she is talking about!
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options

Wow! Are you like trolling yourself? :noway:

Did you just openly admit on the internet what I think you openly admitted??!?!? :noway: :noway:

*snicker*
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I suppose you would suggest that we treat all types of mental illness with a little "tough love" then? SMDH

I think that's enough internet for you today.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Is she a dietitian or a nutritionist? There's a difference.

OP has specified it is a RD.

In her situation though the interpersonal relationships she has with her healthcare professionals is probably going to be just as important as their qualifications however.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,733 Member
    Options
    Instead of going to see a therapist (which may help), you should find a new nutritionist.
    This!

yup, need a new one