anybody start at 220 ?

Options
13»

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I would like to see some before and after pictures of people who started at 220 . Also was there a difference in skin ? Please tell me how long the weight was on for . I need some motivation.

You can check out my profile, started at 235 I'm down at about 170 now.
    I don't have any loose skin, but so long as you lose weight at a slow and sustainable rate, that really helps. It's in part genetics and hydration too, but speed is typically the biggest factor.
    I've lost the majority of my weight over the past two years and now I'm looking to get down about another 25lbs.
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started at 267. Been there most of my adult life. I don't have any pictures, but then, I don't look any different, either, after a 23 lb. loss. It will take another 20-30 pounds gone before anybody can tell. The only difference I can feel is that I'm squishier. The fat was really dense, and now it's becoming less packed.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I started at 216, 5'7" - currently 174(ish) Goal 155. No loose skin (So far). I have been losing slowly. (.5 or less per week) I lift and walk for exercise, been at it since April 2013. Slow and steady. Photos in profile.
  • nateysmith
    Options
    I was at 233 when I started trying to lose weight. I don't have many pictures of before though. I started MFP when I was down to 200. I am now at 176. Only 6lbs to go for me to hit my goal weight.

Before:

230lbs_zpsa4ded85e.jpg

After:
    20140628_092215_resized1_zpsb88ee483.jpg
  • dani85pex
    Options
    [/quote]

I hoped I could gain minimal weight while pregnant with no.3....I logged, I never ate above maintenance except on a handful of occasions, I exercised until 38 weeks pregnant.....yet here I find myself with weight to lose. Sigh. My little girl will be 4 months on Sept 1st. I'm still smaller than I was at this point after my first two children (now age 5 and 3).
    [/quote]

Awesome job on doing that much while expecting. I mean you know being a mother begins at conception so our bodies change regardless of what we do or don't do. But what you've done is inspiring enough that you maintained a healthy pregnancy and after baby you know yourself enough to jump back in and get right back. Instead of like me waiting 3 years:embarassed: ...well...truthfully doing all sorts of things in that timeframe that obviously didn't work LOL. My "baby" will be 4:ohwell:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

I hoped I could gain minimal weight while pregnant with no.3....I logged, I never ate above maintenance except on a handful of occasions, I exercised until 38 weeks pregnant.....yet here I find myself with weight to lose. Sigh. My little girl will be 4 months on Sept 1st. I'm still smaller than I was at this point after my first two children (now age 5 and 3).
    [/quote]

Awesome job on doing that much while expecting. I mean you know being a mother begins at conception so our bodies change regardless of what we do or don't do. But what you've done is inspiring enough that you maintained a healthy pregnancy and after baby you know yourself enough to jump back in and get right back. Instead of like me waiting 3 years:embarassed: ...well...truthfully doing all sorts of things in that timeframe that obviously didn't work LOL. My "baby" will be 4:ohwell:
    [/quote]

Lol. Well, at least you're starting now! I was back at the gym the day after my 6 week check this time, and at about 7 weeks with my other two. I think I managed ok until around 32 weeks, but then I could feel my thighs getting bigger. I went 11 days overdue too.
  • kotomli0530
    kotomli0530 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started at 224( my highest) lost 14 lbs between june and july( idk how! wasn't practicing a healthy lifestyle) and then I have lost anoth 5lbs since starting MFP again at the end of july. I will post pics later!!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    All of you are just amazing! My highest recorded weight was around 245. Still trying to find a picture from that time period. Maybe not trying too hard, maybe I don't want to see it!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 back in July 2011, when my 2nd baby was 8 weeks old. I got down to 154. In this picture, I'm probably in the 160s in the photo on the right. The left is around 220.

Maya_and_I_2011_2013.jpg
    pic host

This is when I got down to 154:

SAM_3249.jpg
    image sharing

And then this happened......

image.jpg
    picture uploading

You are a super fit Mammy! And no doubt be back to where you were in no time.

And I'm now about 25-30lbs up, 16 weeks post partum!
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I started at 220 and got down to 185. I didn't have any problems with skin elasticity, but I'm also relatively tall (5' 7.5"), so that makes a bit of a difference. Here's a progress comparison I made at the time:

c250a8aff223e285dfb4686894f6480998b8.jpg

I'm currently back up to 220 and starting over. I'm planning to get down to 165 and see how that looks. I might go down another 10-15 pounds after that, but again, depends on how the weight carries on me.
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My profile pic in the red dress is around 220.. the middle probably 190 and the last one is 176. I don't have any loose skin and I'm hoping to get down to 160-165. I'm also 5'5.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!