Replies

• pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Great subject and fun thread!!
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    I have to agree with the others about the misconcption about Marlyn Monroe's clothing size. She was a size 14 in the standards of the day, but today she'd fit in a size 6-8 due to "vanity sizing" so saying MM's a "size 14 and a sex icon" is an incorrect statement. It should be she was a sex icon and a size 6-8!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    big ol boobies! :P politely curves
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yep,,,my hubby likes to have something soft to cuddle..He's super supportive of my weight loss efforts, but he courted and married me as a big girl so no matter what happens, he will always love me. :love:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the others about the misconcption about Marlyn Monroe's clothing size. She was a size 14 in the standards of the day, but today she'd fit in a size 6-8 due to "vanity sizing" so saying MM's a "size 14 and a sex icon" is an incorrect statement. It should be she was a sex icon and a size 6-8!

Very true! She had a 24 inch waist! The rest of her was the same size as me, so a 6-8 US in modern sizing.

But then look at Grey's Anatomy, Callie is by far the most beautiful and sexy woman in the show, and is a US 12-14, whereas all the others are tiny.
  • btownshreds
    btownshreds Posts: 25
    Options
    i would def rather have a woman a little thicker than skinny. lol
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what guys like, but I love my curves and wouldn't have it any other way! LOL
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    From a guys perspective;

1) It could be a security thing. If you are a bigger guy, it may be uncomfortable with a very small woman.

2) Every guy likes different things.

3) Maybe he would like to 'be with' the bigger girl, but I'm sure he would love to 'sleep with' the smaller girl. I mean we are guys after all right?

4) Guys lie. Just because a guy says he would prefer the bigger girl doesn't mean he actually does. If the question was coming from a girl who was a size 6 maybe the answers would be different?

Agreed. My boyfriend does like curvy girls - but curvy to him means nice T and A, but flat stomach and thin waist....curvy to other people may mean something else. I've seen very large women refer to themselve as curvy...so I dont know. He would not be attracted to someone that would be considered fat or overweight but says he likes curvy girls, by curvy he means nice breast/wasit/hip ratio....not fat.

Also the smaller I get, the more he wants me so I dont believe these men were telling the truth lol

I agree with your hubby but cofidence makes the woman sexy, hot whatever you want to call it. So maybe your confidence makes him want you

I am sure that has alot to do with it, but my body is more attractive no than it was 50lbs ago. You can be curvy and not weigh 90lbs or have your hip bones sticking out.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I like fit and athletic (but not ripped).
    For those talking about Marylin Munroe, a size 14 back then is like a size 8 now. US sizes have gone up to make people want to shop. I believe this is called Ego (vanity) sizing.
    And for curves, it is not the size of the woman it is the ratio of waist to hips that men, through evolution found attractive; as an optimal hip to waist ratio tends to mean more fertile.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    So I started seeing a guy who goes to my same gym, and over dinner we discussed me losing weight and he flat said he thinks my curves are perfect and its hard to find a white girl who has a butt lol And Im not talking about a big guy here ok, yeah he's tall (which I love because at 5'7" I cant wear heels if the guy is only 5'9") but he has arm muscles that are complimented by the personal trainers at our gym... yeah strong muscular arms *sigh*... ok back on track. So I do have to say its where your "fat" lies on your body and how you carry yourself. Most people always guess Im atleast 1 size skinnier because I dress for my body type. Also I have taken "sexy pictures" multiple time (part of what started my journey and keeps me inspired) and I get amazing compliments on them from guys I KNOW only date skinny minnis... and I wont release any of those compliments/conversations but it wasnt compliments in the "make your chubby friend feel better" kind of way.

A few are on here and I keep tons on my facebook.

So Ladies if you have the curves and YOU like them then wear them with confidence. If you need some help picking out styles and clothes please ask! I hate seeing a Pretty-heavy girl look horrible because she refuses to dress well
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    And on a side note: I LOVE my curves and despite wanting to see a pretty number on the scale I would rather be more toned and have curves and be in a size I like better then loving my scale
  • jdforeman
    jdforeman Posts: 1
    Options
    I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED GIRLS WITH A NICE REAR END THAT FILLED OUT A PAIR OF JEANS BUT THE MORE FIT AND FITNESS AWARE I HAVE BECOME THE MORE I LIKE THE SMALLER GIRLS BECAUSE THE DONT SEEM TO HAVE A MUCH ISSUES CONTROLING THERE WEIGHT AS THE 40'S APPROACH.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I get a LOT more male attention at a size 4 than a 14. When I was heavier it was like I was invisible. But I carry it all in the waist area so I lose my curves when I gain.

I think a lot of people equate women's weight pattern with an hourglass type shape (Marilyn Monroe),but not everyone puts it on in the bust and hips. A lot of overweight women I see have large stomachs. Men who find that a muffin top attractive are few and far between.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    LOL! Good topic! My husband and I have been married 17 years. My low has been 145lbs and my high has been 297 lbs. Since I started working out seriously (this year), I asked him "why didn't you tell me that I looked awful"? His response was that I have always looked beautiful to him. :-))

Then he added that when we were in our 20s skinny looked good. But, as a woman gets older, "meat on the bones" looks better.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    guys like confidence.
    in my opinion. my i am a girl :) haha

I too have had guys tell me "you would be so beautiful if you lost 20 pounds" (and that was when i weighed 125!) and that i was the "bigger girl, ew"

but I have also had guys tell me that they liked my big hips because it meant good baby making machine! hahaha

in the end, confidence and health is what is important AND attractive.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Posts like this get on my nerves. A size means nothing until you place it with the person. I am 4'11'' and now am probably 2-4 (108lbs). I don't look sickly and you can't see my ribs. Yes, you can see my collar bone, but in my opinion, if you CANT see your collar bone...well you should. When I was a size 6, I was almost 140lbs......and definitely overweight with muffin top to boot. I also love how thin women are always the target of heavier women......men don't want all bones yadda yadda yadda......it's like if we're not spilling out of our jeans, suddenly we're deathly thin....it's really ridiculous. Oh and by the way, that size 0 in OP must be over 6ft tall.................she's is definitely emaciated and hardly a good example for this post.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    also, key question - who had bigger boobs? :wink: :laugh:

Ya...almost all guys that I know who pick the fluffy girl is because her boobs are like double F...if you could stick her boobs on the skinny mini girl (without her falling over lol)....I suspect it would be more evenly matched.

But have you ever noticed what people say isn't always what they do....I know a few guys who "say" they like bigger girls, curves etc etc...but if you look at their dating history...all tall, skinny girls....what does that say?

I'm just saying....not everyone practices what they preach. lol
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    wow , all men are different but this is intrigueing 2 or 3 more pant sizes, and maybe ill have a few dates lined up :) haha
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get through this entire thread, so forgive me if this has been covered, but I have three words for your consideration:

Victoria's

Secret

Models

Yeah. Not size 16s, yet somehow I have NEVER heard ANY guy say "ewwww, look at all those ugly skinny chicks" when they've seen one. Just because you're a size 0/2/4 doesn't mean you're a stick, that you look sick, or that you can't have curves.

Not to be rude but those guys need to relize that Victorias Secret doesnt make a bra bigger than a c cup. LOL

No offense taken. But does that mean that it's really just the boobs, and that anything under a c cup isn't worth a second look? I always had a feeling that was the case, especially since I've never been over a c cup myself, and I had to be about 20 pounds overweight to get those. I'm an a cup now, and although I'd love to have a "great rack" I wouldn't gain the weight back just for that.

Can't be everything to everyone.
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My husband loves thicker girls. I am about 75 lbs. heavier than when I got married, but I would be happy to lose 50> He cracks me up... Loves the Lane Bryant models, but think the Victoria's Secret models look mad and hungry.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think that some girls just "wear it" better than others, regardless of their weight. I TRULY do NOT look "good" the weight that I am currently at, but have some friends who are heavier or the same weight (proportionately) and look GREAT. I'm really not dogging myself, it's just the way it is. -And I can't WAIT to lose my "rack". UGH! lol