Guys like heavier girls?

Options

Replies

• JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My husband also says he likes curvy girls. That being said, he likes curves but he also likes a girl who is toned. Not necessarily a rock hard body, but soft and fit is good.
  • Texican4life
    Options
    Several of the girls on the P90X videos are perfect, the blond from the 1st one with all the pullups and Shawna the bendy one.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Several of the girls on the P90X videos are perfect, the blond from the 1st one with all the pullups and Shawna the bendy one.

I like Natalie(?) I think her name is ... the one that does the 'advanced' moves on JM's 30-Day Shred...

smiley-signs124.gif
  • ep_euphoria
    ep_euphoria Posts: 40
    Options
    This is a strange thread. Yes it's meant to be a bit of fun, but I think there is a bit of bias and ego-boosting going on. Sizes don't mean anything without measurements and heights, and everyone likes something different.
    Being thin doesn't mean you don't have any 'curves', curves are built into your body shape - a chubby girl who is straight up and down will still be straight up and down, she'll just have a bum and a thicker waist. Saying someone below 'X' size or above 'X' size is unattractive or less attractive is down right ridiculous and I'm quote surprised. Though I do think I should take into account that the sample here on MFP is probably upwards biased - many people here have been obese/overweight their whole lives and don't want to be at the low end of the BMI range, that's cool, it just means that their idea of 'skinny' is not the same as the general population's.

I weigh less than 100 lbs and am a bit under 5'1 and have never weighed more than 117 lbs, and I looked a little on the chubby side, I had lost by figure. Now I weigh about 95 lbs, and I still wear the same bras (a DD mind you) but I now have a waist, which makes me look more in proportion (direct quote from several people) and gives me the appearance of more feminine hips. I'm not straight up and down, I have got a curve to my hips, but I do have a flat bum. I wear a size 6 Australian, so a size 0-2 US and I am NOT too thin and I do NOT look like a 13 year old boy.

I am fit, healthy and have some pretty nice abs. Please don't generalise so much, I know it's not meant to be hurtful, but it can be.
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think the only honest answer we got was from that guy who said he only dated 6s. I think all these men who are saying they like heavier girls are full of crap. it's one thing to not like skinny bony girls, and quite another to like thin girls. I would bet that most men would prefer thin women to overweight women. As someone else posted, if this many men like "curvier" women, then men's magazines would have a lot more of "curvier" women on them, but they don't. They have thin women.

Go to a club or bar, and see how many times the thin woman gets hit on as opposed to the overweight one. Setting aside personality and confidence.

Of course men like curves, they want boobs and a nice butt. I don't think any guy wants a flat chested buttless woman. But liking curves doesn't mean they like heavy girls.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Ok, I think the only honest answer we got was from that guy who said he only dated 6s. I think all these men who are saying they like heavier girls are full of crap. it's one thing to not like skinny bony girls, and quite another to like thin girls. I would bet that most men would prefer thin women to overweight women. As someone else posted, if this many men like "curvier" women, then men's magazines would have a lot more of "curvier" women on them, but they don't. They have thin women.

Go to a club or bar, and see how many times the thin woman gets hit on as opposed to the overweight one. Setting aside personality and confidence.

Of course men like curves, they want boobs and a nice butt. I don't think any guy wants a flat chested buttless woman. But liking curves doesn't mean they like heavy girls.

I agree
  • sixxfan26
    sixxfan26 Posts: 8
    Options
    I can assure you that I personally like the thicker ladies. For whatever reason women don't believe this, but it's all in your head because you think you need to look like a supermodel to get attention from guys. But I can tell you right now, I will look right past that type of girl who is completely full of herself for the girl who has nice curves and is a little on the thicker side. I truly do find that more attractive... 100% honest. If I could show you pics of all the girls I've dated in my lifetime, you'd see that I'm being honest. ;)
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    But you're factoring in an ugly personality for the thin girl and a great personality for the overweight one.

Take two beautiful women, beautiful faces, beautiful personality, everything is perfect.

One is a healthy size 6, has curves (because you CAN have curves at size 6) and the other is overweight and a size 16.

My money is on men choosing the size 6.
  • karabeara
    karabeara Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think what I find most interesting is the question: Does it really matter what men like? I mean honestly... I need to like me and feel good in my own skin.

I didn't like myself when I was carrying around 90 more pounds than now, so even though my husband certainly loved me that way I wasn't going to stay unhealthy to please him.

And now: Although I'm currently running and feel great and my healthy BMI is around 10 pounds away and I'm a size 12... I didn't do any of this to look a certain way for my husband. I also will not go much lower because I personally like my curves. I feel best with an athletic and curvy body.

Just my 2 cents :)
  • BosBruin5
    BosBruin5 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. My husband does think really skinny girls are "gross" and could stand to gain weight. Although I don't think he'd be into someone really overweight either. I think guys like girls who are generally fit, comfortable with themselves, like to be active, and have curves. Girls who can have a burger and beer without freaking out about it. Of course I could be wrong- I'm not a guy. As a woman, I wouldn't want a super skinny guy, would you?
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am a size 12 and according to my bf he says he likes to have something to hold on to...I sometimes find that hard to believe because I see the women he points out as being hot and also of all the women he has dated I am the biggest so maybe with age you realize ere are more important things than how hot a girl looks idk I think it just depends on the guy.
  • Vkoons3
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. My husband does think really skinny girls are "gross" and could stand to gain weight. Although I don't think he'd be into someone really overweight either. I think guys like girls who are generally fit, comfortable with themselves, like to be active, and have curves. Girls who can have a burger and beer without freaking out about it. Of course I could be wrong- I'm not a guy. As a woman, I wouldn't want a super skinny guy, would you?
  • Vkoons3
    Options
    I personally do not like skinny guys I want to be with a man who makes me feel safe lol so that requires a little meat on the bones also I don't want someone smaller than me because then I would feel even more insecure. My man is 6'3 and wieghs 215 and I think he is sexy.
  • FitnessFreaky
    Options
    For me I like women who look REAL. When Im at the gym and they show personal trainers posing and they are ripped, no boobs and no butt and look like they weigh 105 lbs.. This is no lie, I say YUCK! I like curves and a coke bottle shape, if a woman is 5'5-5'8 and is proportioned and weighs 160lbs or so, to me there is nothing sexier..
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am by far the smallest girl my husband has ever dated, he says it's about body shape, not weight, though. I have a small build, so I don't look good with extra weight.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think we are mixing up thin and sickly. they are not interchangeable.

I have a friend...who is a size 0/2...and she has the most amazing curves. perfect body. And let me tell you...she turns heads. Then I have a friend who is a size 8...gorgeous curves...also turns heads. At a size 16...I am all curves and turn heads. then I have another friend, who is also a size 0/2. But it is not healthy on her. She is too thin. People makes comments that she is anorexic. It's sad. (she is actually sick so it is annoying).

So...it's not about the number on the scale or jean size. It's about how healthy someone looks.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options

This. :smile:
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Personally i think for us women it needs to be based on what size we are comfortable with. I am 6"2" and wear a size 10 and on some occasions a 12 (depending on the brand). I play 3 different sports so I have an athletic build but also have the boobs and butt that guys seem to like. My boyfriend loves my body how it is, but personally i want to get down to a size 8 and have that as my goal no matter what he says. This size is what I want. Whether i need to tone up or lose weight to get to that I will, but no one else will be to talk me out of it because I will not be happy with myself till i get there. Basically what I am saying is that maybe alot of guys like chubbier girls but if the girl is not happy as that size then she will never be happy until she changes that no matter what her man says
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I believe I have stated this before, but well.... Oh here! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g2HWmCXX3M
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I'm sure just like with girls, it varies based on the different guys individual tastes, but I too know plenty of guys that would prefer a "thick" girl over someone real skinny. I think it's mostly b/c they want a&& and boobs ;) no big secret there! lol...and I've also heard people say they like to have something to hold on too. but before everyone gives up on their weight loss goals..there is a difference between fat and curvy! I think muscle looks really good on women. So you can have a lower body fat percentage and still have a sexy body with curves. If your doing the right things in the gym. Now take a size 14 picture of a girl naked, and a size 6 girl that works out and put a picture of her naked next to the 14 and see which a guy chooses???