Options
    You might like to try a smoothie, soy milk, banana, protein powder,
    spinach, cinnamon, ground flaxseed, almond butter. Blend and
    drink. It is delicious, and you cannot take the spinach. The color
    will be light green. Enjoy!!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do the whole wheat bagel thins with 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese. Under 200 calories and it fills me up until lunch time!
  • petra57
    Options
    Low Fat Yogurt with Reddi Whip Dairy Topping (5 cal per 2 Tbsp). The right Yougurt, and even with 4-6 Tbsp, you're still under 100 cal with the right yogurt! Love it! And.... you can always eat again on your break. =)
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I looove Julian Bakery cinnamon raisin/plain smart carb bread! It has 16 grams of protein 15 carbs and 13 grams of fiber which means only 2 net carbs!! I usually have it with cream cheese or all natural almond/peanut butter. You can't beat all that protein and fiber in just one slice!
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I used to make a blt in a wrap, and take it to work and sat when I got hungry.
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem here.

Bananas used to work for me. Then i couldnt stomach them.

Then i tried low fat yogurt. That worked the first time i lost weight.

This time: Protein Shake within the first hour of waking up. Then, on my first break at work: Oatmeal with almonds. :) Its perfect for my body.
  • 0ssum_Bl0ss0m
    0ssum_Bl0ss0m Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to break the ice with fruit. Lately it's been bananas and yogurt. I have a hard time eating first thing in the morning too, so I find something light to kick-start the metabolism suits me best.
  • pijan
    pijan Posts: 5
    Options
    hello everyone!
    i wonder if there are any of you out there are like: i am EXTREMELY nauseous in the morning (no!! i'm NOT pregnant!). i start work at 7:30 in the morning which means I have to be up at 6 am...and let's just say that my tummy is not happy to be up that early! i understand that i should be eating within the hour that i get up and that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but i can't stomach much which leaves me with my problem: all the healthier breakfast options i try to eat usually make me even MORE nauseous. e.g. i'd love to have egg white omelet, but if i really want to have an egg, it has to be fried in pam spray (which ends up not being the greatest choice). once i see that i can stomach what i've chosen to eat, i'll eat that for the next couple of weeks and then get to a point where if i eat another egg i'm gonna DEFINITELY PUKE!

so, i'm asking for appetizing HEALTHY breakfast choices that work for you so that i can try to incorporate them into my morning routine! :) i hope this thread can help other find new choices too!

thanks!!

I have the same problem n i realised that i need a right balance of solid n liquid food in the morning. why don't u try this

1 packet of instant oatmeal
    1 scoop of protein power
    1 banana
    1 cup of milk
    multi vitamins

which equivalent to
    455 calories
    6g fat
    66 carbs
    22g sugar
    6g fibe
    39 g protein

if u're trying to cut your sugar intake, dont take the banana
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Light Flat Out Wraps - Flatbread, 1 flatbread 90 calories
    Morningstar Farms® - Grillers® Chik'n Veggie Patties (Chicken), 2 patty 160 calories
    Hummus - Roasted Garlic, 2 tbsp 50 calories

This equals 300 calories of protein packed goodness post gym. I usually go to the gym for an hour before i do breakfast then eat after to help with recovery
  • Rhonda_Roo
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 1/2 cup of non-fat greek yogurt (with one splenda mixed in), with 1/3 cup of thawed frozen blueberries (fresh when they're in season) and a 1/3 cup of Kashi GoLean Cruch on top. All for less than 200 calories.

The extra protein in the greek yogurt sticks with me all morning. And it doesn't seem too hard on my globby tummy in the mornings!

Good luck to you!
  • faithrenee2009
    faithrenee2009 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coffee with skim milk and splenda, half a banana, sugar-free oatmeal, or Coffee, eggwhite omelet no cheese with veggies in omelet and a slice of dry wheat toast.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I make a serving of steel cut oats with a 1/2 cup no- sugar added applesauce sprinkled with a tsp of cinnamon. I also have 2 boiled eggs, and coffee.

On Sunday I might have and omlette made w/ 2% cheese and a slice of whole wheat diet toast.
  • BFit4U
    Options
    My degree is actually in Nutrition and Exercise and YES you should not go lengthly amounts of time in between meals and breakfast is the most important meal of the day. HOWEVER, it is important in the sense that you need to consume something that has nutritional value so that your metabolism get's kick started for the day. The longer you wait to eat in between meals the body stays in slow motion in regards to metabolism which leads to chaos on the body's ability to function to it's fullest for you from a nutrional standpoint and energy levels. Often times I would recommend to clients of mine who can't stand the idea of breakfast right away to consume a beverage right when they wake up that has nutritional value (soda and coffee do not count here!) Then get ready for the morning, go about your usual routine and try a small meal about an hour or two later. So if you get up at X time and put a nutritious beverage on your stomach immediately and then a small meal within two hours you will have kicked started the metabolism and also allowed your stomach some time to "settle" before throwing food on it :-) I like some of the other suggestions as far as meals too...the time of day doesn't need to dictate "what" you eat. So if you think of that time of day as a time to eat a small meal and not "breakfast" you will open the door to more options for yourself instead of the traditional breakfast items. When I was pregnant was the only time that breakfast was not a fun food idea for me. What worked for me was 5 Whole Wheat Saltine Crackers, Natural Peanut Butter and 1/2 a banana. And yes, I agree with you after a few weeks of the same thing you are totally turned off. I would also do the same thing swapping out the crackers for a Nurtigrain Eggo Waffle and sub in a different fruit if my stomach was agreeable. Typically this meant blueberries or an apple. Like I said, don't worry about the food items being considered breakfast items and I bet you end up with way more healthy ideas for yourself in the morning with just that trick alone. :wink:
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I also don't feel like eating anytime close to when I get up, so I take a banana to school with me, and eat it during my prep time around 10- it comes in it's own "package" and is easy to take with you!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I also don't feel like eating anytime close to when I get up, so I take a banana to school with me, and eat it during my prep time around 10- it comes in it's own "package" and is easy to take with you!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Hi there, I have the same problem!
    Here's what I do.
    I have a banana or an apple before I work out, or on my drive to work (dangerous? lol)
    Once my stomach settles, I am able to have my eggwhite omelette or special k with another fruit for my breakfast.
    Good luck!
  • clickin
    clickin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a hurry I blend up a shake with oatmeal to give that filling effect. It works like a charm.

10oz of cold water
    1 scoop of protein powder (any flavor) 100 cal
    Half of a frozen banana 50 cal
    1/2 cup of raw (unflavored) oatmeal 75 cal
    (If you can afford the calories add in a Tbs of Peanut Butter)

Blend this for about a 90 seconds and it should blend the oatmeal into small enough pieces to swallow.

225 cal without the PB

This keeps me going from 5:45 until my 9:15 break. :drinker:
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Have you tried maybe Cream of Wheat, or Oatmeal, maybe a banana...
  • kbarker69
    Options
    I always start my day with my coffee. Right or wrong, if I'm not hungry, I don't eat breakfast. This normally means that I'm not hungry until about 10 a.m. Then I usually have a Yoplait Lite yogurt. There are so many flavors that it's hard to get bored with it. By the time lunch comes at 12:00 or so, I'm ready for it!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!
    i wonder if there are any of you out there are like: i am EXTREMELY nauseous in the morning (no!! i'm NOT pregnant!). i start work at 7:30 in the morning which means I have to be up at 6 am...and let's just say that my tummy is not happy to be up that early! i understand that i should be eating within the hour that i get up and that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but i can't stomach much which leaves me with my problem: all the healthier breakfast options i try to eat usually make me even MORE nauseous. e.g. i'd love to have egg white omelet, but if i really want to have an egg, it has to be fried in pam spray (which ends up not being the greatest choice). once i see that i can stomach what i've chosen to eat, i'll eat that for the next couple of weeks and then get to a point where if i eat another egg i'm gonna DEFINITELY PUKE!

so, i'm asking for appetizing HEALTHY breakfast choices that work for you so that i can try to incorporate them into my morning routine! :) i hope this thread can help other find new choices too!

thanks!!

I have the same problem, I'm not only not-hungry early in the morning, food actually makes me sick :frown: