Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Great thread! And thanks to SS for consistently well reasoned, well articulated, and well balanced replies to our members. Even when we disagree, you make it pleasant to do so!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1.) I love the interviews- I think it's a great idea to showcase and peel back some layers on our successful and movitvating members.

2.) I like the folks you are choosing.

3.) I like the fact you are asking about diet and nutrition and how they got to where they are.

But,
    I hear weight lifting mentioned a lot on MFP. Isn’t weight lifting bad for girls? I mean, nobody wants to look at a female version of Brock Lesner I am sur

This questions makes me crazy. This is so rude. And- I just. grumble. It's just rude, and insulting. I think you're on a great track- but the process needs refinement.

And a big thanks to SideSteel for being such a great member of the community as usual.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Awesome interview!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    1.) I love the interviews- I think it's a great idea to showcase and peel back some layers on our successful and movitvating members.

3.) I like the fact you are asking about diet and nutrition and how they got to where they are.

But,
    I hear weight lifting mentioned a lot on MFP. Isn’t weight lifting bad for girls? I mean, nobody wants to look at a female version of Brock Lesner I am sur

This questions makes me crazy. This is so rude. And- I just. grumble. It's just rude, and insulting. I think you're on a great track- but the process needs refinement.

And a big thanks to SideSteel for being such a great member of the community as usual.

Knowing Taunto, I know that he is being utterly sarcastic when he phrases his question like this... and trying to parrot some of the dumber threads that are posted about becoming HOOOOGE. But it is possible, that those who don't know his style, could mistake his intentionally obtuse questions as being his actual viewpoint.

:-D
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great interview and awesome information...thanks SS!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

But,

Knowing Taunto, I know that he is being utterly sarcastic when he phrases his question like this... and trying to parrot some of the dumber threads that are posted about becoming HOOOOGE. But it is possible, that those who don't know his style, could mistake his intentionally obtuse questions as being his actual viewpoint.

Okay- that makes sense then- I'm not familiar with him- and I definitely didn't read sarcasm. Thanks for clearing that. LOL
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Sidesteel is most definitely a legend around here and it was cool to get inside his head a bit :) thanks!
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Sidesteel is a pretty swole-- I mean swell-- guy.

But what class does he play in D3? These are the important questions.
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What a great idea for a post! Thanks.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Well before I started consulting clients online (and thus basically having to quit D3 due to time) I was mostly playing my WD. I have all classes to 70 (3 wizards to 70 and 2 WDs) but WD was the most enjoyable. Until getting the full Jade Talon set at which point it became rather stupid facerolling T4-T5 rifts.

And while you could make the argument of "just don't play the OP classes" which is certainly true, but when you have one toon that can crit for 300 million damage and then you swap to a toon that crits for 20m at best, it just really takes the fun out of it.

In my head anyways.

I still log in once every week or two but it's typically to say hello to people and maybe play for 15 minutes.
  • heather_hearts_travel
    Options
    Good stuff!

:smile:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Well before I started consulting clients online (and thus basically having to quit D3 due to time) I was mostly playing my WD. I have all classes to 70 (3 wizards to 70 and 2 WDs) but WD was the most enjoyable. Until getting the full Jade Talon set at which point it became rather stupid facerolling T4-T5 rifts.

And while you could make the argument of "just don't play the OP classes" which is certainly true, but when you have one toon that can crit for 300 million damage and then you swap to a toon that crits for 20m at best, it just really takes the fun out of it.

In my head anyways.

I still log in once every week or two but it's typically to say hello to people and maybe play for 15 minutes.

Damn. So, what you're saying is that your toons are swole too? I didn't expect witch doctor. I still haven't played the expansion. :(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

In my head anyways.

I think that this is the first post I have ever read of yours where I have absolutely no idea wtf you are talking about!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

But,

<3

Many (most?) of the questions were basically designed to target our newer members and possible help them answer some of the questions. "Health magazines" and "TV doctors" have polluted general populations minds so much that these are the genuine questions people ask. I have many other threads where I have showcased how weight lifting is NOT bad for women.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/987513-lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy
  • taunto
    Options

In my head anyways.

l2play noob.

Also, whats your arena rating in WoW?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

In my head anyways.

l2play noob.

I quit mid cataclysm, highest I got was around 2070 if I recall correctly.
  • taunto
    Options

In my head anyways.

l2play noob.

I quit mid cataclysm, highest I got was around 2070 if I recall correctly.

So HAWT!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Nice interview :smile:
  • taunto
    Options
    Bumping for good measures