I'm done, I quit.

Options
12346»

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and best of luck. You can do it. If you have days when you feel like giving up, remember that it benefits your friends and family, too.

My mom was a smoker. My brother always had bronchitis as a kid because of it. Our house smelled bad, my mom's car smelled bad, our clothes smelled bad. She died of lung cancer at 46 years old when I was in my early 20's. She wasn't there when I got married, or bought my first house, or when her grandsons were born. Even after all these years, I still feel a lot of sadness knowing all that my mom's choice to smoke took away from my family.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I quit over a year ago after being a smoker for 35+ years. I we t to my doctor and she prescribed Chantix. I followed the directions and quit smoking a week after starting the prescription. I had some "stressed" moments, but used an e-cig when I absolutely needed it. After 3 months I was completely off any type of cigarette and have not looked back. I wish you all the best!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I quit over a year ago after being a smoker for 35+ years. I we t to my doctor and she prescribed Chantix. I followed the directions and quit smoking a week after starting the prescription. I had some "stressed" moments, but used an e-cig when I absolutely needed it. After 3 months I was completely off any type of cigarette and have not looked back. I wish you all the best!

Thank you! I've contemplated an e-cig as well, but I'm doing so well with keeping cravings under control. They come back every now and then, but I've gotten into such a non-smoking routine that I think I can go without it. Congrats to you for being entirely cig free as well! :D
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. You all have wonderfully inspiring stories!

I really need some help and posted this before I found your thread http://rational.org/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=13

I'd appreciate if you'd take a look at my story and let me know if you have any advice for me.

Cheers and take up the good work!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    To OP: LOVE IT! You've totally found the trick. Just make a decision and do it! Sure there will be times when it's not easy. But the trick is to simply make a decision and NEVER CHANGE YOUR MIND! Total props and respect for your mindset, your plan, and your attitude.

I would wish you luck… but with your plan and your mindset it doesn't sound like you'll need it! :drinker:
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!!
    Thanks!

Five weeks in now, and now I hate the smell of smoke wafting in to my apartment by my neighbors! Lol. Never thought I'd think that.