Wedding dress won't ZIP!!!!

Options

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Your body is going to lose fat wherever it chooses. There's nothing you can do to make it let go of boob fat. (If the dress is too small at the bust, that could also be back fat, btw).

Luckily, the first place you put fat on is also likely the first place you lose it...
    Not necessarily true, and definitely not worth gambling on. If it doesn't turn out to be true in her case, she's not going to be able to wear her wedding dress.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath,.. don't panic. Find a seamstress as a back up plan.

Now,.. you can do this...I did.

I was in exactly the predicament you are in right now except I had 1 and a half WEEKS.
    Since you have longer I suggest a healthy calorie deficit and 1 to 2 hr a day of cardio. (just until the wedding)

The last week or so go LOW carb and LOW fat. I did 30grams of carbs, not sure about the fat.
    I ate salad and lean meat mostly (now don't do this the whole month cause you'll fall over with exhaustion)

This weightloss is not sustainable. It will get you into that dress and that's it. Most likely you will gain it back after.
    After the wedding find a better way to sustain your weight. This site can be very helpful.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you had your period. Maybe you're knocked up.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Your body is going to lose fat wherever it chooses. There's nothing you can do to make it let go of boob fat. (If the dress is too small at the bust, that could also be back fat, btw).

Luckily, the first place you put fat on is also likely the first place you lose it...

Huh?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Shouldve gotten a drrss that lacrs up the back instead of zipping.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Spanx will help also.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I would be on a 30 day liquid frenzy! Good Luck!

Just incase you are not joking ignore all of this
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options

Not necessarily true, and definitely not worth gambling on. If it doesn't turn out to be true in her case, she's not going to be able to wear her wedding dress.

Hence the word "likely"... But I agree. The last month before a wedding is the most stressful one. Maintaining her weight might be the best idea while getting the dress altered. As long as she can afford it and the seamstress can do it in time. They usually want 2 months where I live.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i bought my wedding dress on-line and it was a bit snug when i tried it on. mind you i was on prednisone (steroids) for a lung problem which cause a 35 lb weight gain over a year. as it got closer to my wedding, i had gained more weight and there was no way i was going to be able to wear that dress. i went to a seamstress and she got rid of the zipper, put in eyelets and had a lace criss-crossing up the back. i still had a beautiful dress to wear. i believe the cost for the alteration was around $300
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I cried because my dress was too big... I had to work so hard to lose the weight and they order the wrong size I ended up spending a fortune to make it smaller..

seamstresses are expensive! start looking into your options NOW
  • ink_b1tch
    ink_b1tch Posts: 101
    Options
    Wow, Here is my hard knocks take on this. You knew you were getting married, you knew when the date was. I can not believe you did not KNOW that your clothes were getting tighter. 3 inches is ALOT. So take your knocks, get a seamstress, and go to your wedding heavier than origanally planned. Next wedding I am sure you will remember this lesson!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    maybe the muscle you gain could be your "something new".
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Find a reputable seamstress and schedule an appointment for the absolute latest he or she will allow you to bring in your dress. In the meantime:

-Ensure you have properly-fitting undergarments that flatter and support your body under your dress.

-Drink lots of water. Cut out all sodas, calorie-ridden coffee drinks and sugar-filled juices. If you drink juice, make your own green juice with a little fruit added for sweetness. Use this as a snack or occasional meal-replacement.

-Cut out (or significantly reduce) heavily-processed foods, foods high in sodium, foods lacking in nutritional value etc.

-Eat smart! Lots of fresh veggies, quality proteins and quality fats. If you cut down too much on the protein or fat, your skin and hair will suffer from it, and you don’t want that on your big day.

-Get in some cardio and some yoga. Cardio will hopefully help you burn some calories and yoga will help you relax so close to your big day.

Good luck!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Next wedding I am sure you will remember this lesson!

Haha .... nice one. I agree with lot of people above ... this sounds like trolling or else a very clueless bride to be.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath,.. don't panic. Find a seamstress as a back up plan.

Now,.. you can do this...I did.

I was in exactly the predicament you are in right now except I had 1 and a half WEEKS.
    Since you have longer I suggest a healthy calorie deficit and 1 to 2 hr a day of cardio. (just until the wedding)

The last week or so go LOW carb and LOW fat. I did 30grams of carbs, not sure about the fat.
    I ate salad and lean meat mostly (now don't do this the whole month cause you'll fall over with exhaustion)

This weightloss is not sustainable. It will get you into that dress and that's it. Most likely you will gain it back after.
    After the wedding find a better way to sustain your weight. This site can be very helpful.

This is exactly what I would do. Thanks for pointing out that it's not sustainable! Also, TONS of water.

For all the people saying she won't gain muscle, let's not ignore the swell that you get from lifting, that can last a while, in my case at least.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

No.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJSxe97YOrPx7Zm-piP74ELCHXIktcANEpunuYJN--J09sgosa
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    The only way to have gained 3 inches of boobs is either a boob job or you're pregnant. Either way...alterations to the dress would be the only solution!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

No.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJSxe97YOrPx7Zm-piP74ELCHXIktcANEpunuYJN--J09sgosa

Nice!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It was snug in May;

Then, why did you keep eating at a surplus? :huh: