Wedding dress won't ZIP!!!!

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    This might be your sign: DON'T DO IT!

JK...calorie deficit, throw in some running and extra walks.
  • daveymac31
    daveymac31 Posts: 118
    Options
    Have you tried that crazy wrap thing?
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Didn't read previous posts, but if I were you, I'd start the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred NOW. 20 minutes a day, and people lose INCHES in a month. Look up some previous results pics, and you will see it works. Eat at a common sense deficit and drink lots of water.

I've done 30DS and lost quit a few inches in a month, so I do speak from experience. Good luck.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It was snug in May;

Then, why did you keep eating at a surplus? :huh:

Yeah i don't get this personally... If I was getting married in 3 months, I'd be trying on the damned dress every week to see if it was fitting better. No way I would just ignore my weight for 3 months.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    eating decently doesn't sound like you are tracking and doing cardio and light strength training wont give you big muscles. YOu got time. its crunch time but you don't need to panic. Try doing a am AND pm workout each day. That is what I did right before my wedding. Eat at a deficit and burn calories with exercise. Plus make sure to put on a corset under the dress before seeing how it fits. Breath, it will be okay. If worse comes to worse, there are panels you can get sewed in by the zipper and they can be concealed so nobody but you will know. I have a cousin who is a seamstress. She did my alterations both times I got married. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby!

^This.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    call off the wedding until it fits
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I think you should get it altered right now. I don't think you will be able to lose 3 inches in a month. With everything going on for a wedding, I would get the dress sorted out to fit you now & calculate your calories to maintain. That will give you some experience controlling your eating & you can start on a deficit after the wedding when you don't have a hugely expensive dress driving your choices.
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Do the 30 day shred exercise DVD as you looses inches. You can get this on u tube. Also cut processed foods, eat brown rice, Greek yogurt and lots of vegetables. Limit salt intake as this bloats you. Drink green tea and drink 2 litres of water a day. Don't stress. I would start exercising now, measure yourself in 2 weeks so you can see if you have lost inches. That way you can judge if you need to have your dress altered. Getting married is a special time but also a very stressful time. Good luck x
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like it took you 3 months to add 3 inches. If you only have 1 month to lose all that, I'd suggest calling a seamstress. Good luck!

This.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Shouldve gotten a drrss that lacrs up the back instead of zipping.

No.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJSxe97YOrPx7Zm-piP74ELCHXIktcANEpunuYJN--J09sgosa

Nice!

you know what, they can put this into your dress if you cant get it up . its just a panel that replaces the zipper, pretty much.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If you think gaining muscle will make you look worse/bigger (face palm infinity)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I call troll!

This one isn't even that subtle

It amazes me the # of people on this forum that fall for them...
  • MartiniGirl22
    MartiniGirl22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know you probably don't want to spend any money close to the wedding but..... My friend purchased the tone it up plan she is doing so good with it. I have been doing some of the workouts that they have on youtube. I would like to purchase but want to make sure I am really going to do it. Best of luck to you... I know you can do it!!!!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I was one of those eager brides that bought a dress shortly after my engagement. We weren't getting married for another 2 years but I found "the dress" and it was discontinued so if I didn't get it then I wouldn't be able to.

I gained a little weight but swore I would lose it. I reached a point where I actually weighed 10 POUNDS LESS than when I originally bought the dress, but it still wouldn't zip...wasn't even close. I don't know how it happened. The seamstress said that she couldn't alter it without the dress being completely different and it costing a pretty penny. I had to get a new dress.

To this day I still can't figure out what happened. The women at the dress shop said the original girl that helped me must not have had the dress on right but when I looked at pictures the dress was zipped all the way up and looked fine. I know I weighed less too because of my size and fit in regular clothes, but now that I'm thinking of it my boobs did get bigger so I guess the weight didn't come off of them so fast. I used to be C now I'm D, so there you go...darn these things!!

Anyway I digress...I'm sure you'll be fine. It's crunch time, get serious and get a seamstress. I'm sure you'll end up in a better position than I was. Good luck and congrats :flowerforyou:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Shouldve gotten a drrss that lacrs up the back instead of zipping.

No.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJSxe97YOrPx7Zm-piP74ELCHXIktcANEpunuYJN--J09sgosa

Nice!

you know what, they can put this into your dress if you cant get it up . its just a panel that replaces the zipper, pretty much.

Yes but it's so obvious. As you walk down the aisle EVERYONE who has half a brain will be thinking "she should have passed on all the sweets at her bridal showers"
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    How did you not notice you had gained 3 inches? Do you not wear clothes at all? Cause if I gained 3 inches, I'm pretty sure my pants would not fit me anymore. I've recently gained a bunch of inches, and my pants can't even button anymore. Good thing I have maternity pants... which do fit.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Have the zipper removed (you can do this part yourself) and on the day of the wedding use Duct Tape.

It comes in all kind of designs now, so you can get some that is a wedding theme.

Hopes this helps
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Her first forum post, no picture, no details on profile, and she has lost 12 pounds already, though all indications are that she is new and that she has likely gained weight recently (in case she had joined in May).

I agree with the others that called it - it's a troll.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Misslizzy....
    1. this is your first post.
    2. no profile pic
    3. You have lost 12 pounds
    4. You fit in your dress back in May.
    5. You gained 3 inches in 3 months.
    6. You mentioned your big boobs.

Determination: Troll