Why even ask for advice??

Options

Replies

• mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The same reason people post on Facebook 30 times a day. Validation that they actually exist. I'm alive damn-it! Pay attention to me!!! ;)
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    MFP is all knowing, do not question MFP!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    \m/
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    WHY CAN'T YOU ALL JUST LET ME BE A VICTIM??

You need to zip it and get back to doing your crunches. Because you had to do about a million crunches to get those abs. And you should listen to your mother...
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmvdkv4gry1rspo8oo1_500.jpg

Haha not heard this before
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options

Its not your turn yet ;-)
  • bregrig
    bregrig Posts: 154 Member
    Options

HAHA :flowerforyou:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Yes, why do people ask a random bunch of strangers they have never met before advice and then have the gall to not listen to it? I mean, MFP is only filled with random doctors, dieticans and the like all waiting hand and foot on these little snobs. The merit of the advice given to them is worth more than they ever deserve!

Oh wait....

People here, including myself, use MFP as a sounding board because its filled with random people. (I also talk to you guys and licensed professionals.) Usually the advice given includes these wonderful gems:

1. Links to highly read threads- often that you have read.
    2. Accusations of you lying.
    3. Helpful little phrases like 'calories in, calories out'.
    4. Attacks on the OP's characters when the focus is weight loss.

Many threads degenerate in useless stuff anyway.

IMHO, people are here to figure out themselves. We are just tools to help them get there.

----
    FWI The poster is looking for validation and trying to sound like a victim. That makes her the same as the people you are mocking.

Who you calling a tool?

deniromccauley_zps8c0f0b19.jpg
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes, why do people ask a random bunch of strangers they have never met before advice and then have the gall to not listen to it? I mean, MFP is only filled with random doctors, dieticans and the like all waiting hand and foot on these little snobs. The merit of the advice given to them is worth more than they ever deserve!

Oh wait....

People here, including myself, use MFP as a sounding board because its filled with random people. (I also talk to you guys and licensed professionals.) Usually the advice given includes these wonderful gems:

IMHO, people are here to figure out themselves. We are just tools to help them get there.

----
    FWI The poster is looking for validation and trying to sound like a victim. That makes her the same as the people you are mocking.

Who you calling a tool?

deniromccauley_zps8c0f0b19.jpg

hahaaa that made me lol :laugh:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    mind. blown.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Oh wait....

----

Oh! I remember you. You were the one who wanted advice but said if anyone said CICO you'd stalk them down in real life and murder them.

CICO.

CICO CICO CICO.

tumblr_lz84hs0V041qktqch.gif
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Because people want an answer that doesn't involve hard work, consistency, and patience. They want to lose the weight right NOW and think that someone somewhere must have a secret way to game the system so they don't have to work as hard or wait as long.

The real answers aren't shiny and glittery enough.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Why do I constantly see the same people asking questions and fretting over the same things and NEVER take the advice they are given from the people on here?

Because many times they aren't looking for advice, they're looking for validation.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Why do I constantly see the same people asking questions and fretting over the same things and NEVER take the advice they are given from the people on here? Why even be on here and ask for advice if you aren't going to listen to everyone but just complain about your situation? We are trying to help! I don't get it. End rant.

Indeed. Why ask? Because most people asking things are looking for validation not education.

So give em what they want.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Most of the time those people are not really asking for advice, they just want validation.

Yep. They're the ones who will ignore 20 people all saying the exact same thing and latch on to that ONE person who tells them what they want to hear.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    If I keep asking, eventually I will get the answer I want to hear: losing weight is easy, requires no work, and this magical pill/cleanse works so I can lose 75 pounds in a month.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Oh wait....

----

lol at the butt hurt
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

YEAH.