What is the Worst Interview Question

Options
1235»

Replies

• ShrinkingKari
    ShrinkingKari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Do you smoke?

I'm ready for 99% of "real" interview questions and interview very well. But this one's hard because not only is it fairly inappropriate and irrelevant, but the only times I've been asked it was because the interviewer was a smoker and/or the company was very smoker-friendly.

I don't smoke...so I felt that I sounded like a bit of a goody goody or holier than thou by saying "no". I'm not going to say something like, "But I'm totally okay with it" because I think it's a terrible and dangerous habit. I just felt on the spot due to that question.

I had a relative that worked for a company with insanely low health care premiums because no smokers were allowed to work there. You had to sign a contract saying that you don't smoke and if you were ever caught smoking, at work/home/etc, you would be fired on the spot.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are in line at the bank when 3 armed men rush in and demand that everyone get on the floor. What do you do?

Granted; I was interviewing to become a Deputy Sheriff at the time so maybe this question wasn't too far fetched...

Pretty sure that was a good question then *LOL*

BFOQ
  • TriNoob
    TriNoob Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are in line at the bank when 3 armed men rush in and demand that everyone get on the floor. What do you do?

Granted; I was interviewing to become a Deputy Sheriff at the time so maybe this question wasn't too far fetched...

Pretty sure that was a good question then *LOL*

BFOQ

Nope.