May 17th, MFP Runner's Club

Options
2»

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lmbo!!! oh you guys are a riot!!!

well I finally got a run in wooooo hooooo.....I ran 3 miles in about 29 mins...then walked another mile w/ my sister (we did our dishing session lol had to be done! lol)

I feel sooo refreshed and even though I do killer tapes...nothing beats a good run for me!

hugs!
    Ali

we need a mouth guard for those pesky bugs...ick and LOL!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    lmbo!!! oh you guys are a riot!!!

well I finally got a run in wooooo hooooo.....I ran 3 miles in about 29 mins...then walked another mile w/ my sister (we did our dishing session lol had to be done! lol)

I feel sooo refreshed and even though I do killer tapes...nothing beats a good run for me!

hugs!
    Ali

we need a mouth guard for those pesky bugs...ick and LOL!

Congrats on finally running! Shun off!!! LOL!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    HI EVERYONE!!!!!! Happy Weekend!!!

SOOOOOOOOO, I put the big kabosh on stretching! :explode: It is completed over rated!! I NEVER stretch and I have never had a problem...well, guess what i did this morning!?!??! Yup, pulled a muscle in my quad! :mad: :mad:

ACK!! Has anyone ever experienced a sensation like a rubber band snapping in you body!? Damn that was nasty!!

Thank goodness I had already finished boot camp class but was unable to run :sad: :sad:

now, I am sore, not in pain, but I am very anxious about what it is going to feel like tomorrow am. We have a 5 miles hike with the scouts tomorrow, I really need this to be okay!!

BTW, congrat to all of you who got their long runs accomplished today! you are AWESOME!!

Tricia:heart:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    HOpe your healed by tomorrow Tricia. I don't do any stretching before I run either....I do start out by walking and building up my pace until I hit my run. My ORTHO(Dr.) actually told me that you don't need to stretch before a run. He told me to do a warm up...build up my pace from a walk and then walk after a run and just a little stretching. Ever since I have started doing this I don't have any more SS. Works for me, I don't know if it would work for everyone.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Thanks BEB! I think we should change the name of the Club to the MFP Anti-stretch Club!! :laugh:

Stretching is for sissies!!! (JK!)

BTW - I forgot to mention TOM came to pay a visit today - all this talk of TOM in the past two days has sent my cycle into a tailspin!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    So many good weekend runs today!!! WTG everyone!!!

I might go for a small one tomorrow since I've been eating like Pigzilla all day! :grumble: Why the frick/fracken/fark do I do this to myself?????? :angry:

Oh well...I'll go have a bottl...I mean glass of wine & think about it. {{giggle}}