Friday NSV Post yours below!

Options

Replies

• kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    For months I was too heavy to wear my wedding ring. It was uncomfortable, tight and itchy, so I took it off. I now have to have it sized down :) it's not much but it makes me happy.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the doctor's office for a follow up visit. My A1C dropped from 8.4 to 6.9 over 9 months. My HDL is up and LDL is down. Triglycerides are down. My blood pressure went from 140/90 to 118/74. My doc took me off one medication and cut the amount of another medication. Apparently, I made my doctor's day. :smile:
  • CraftyPants77
    CraftyPants77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wrapped a towel around me and it actually didn't let any skin show!

I noticed this myself a few weeks ago and was soooooo excited! =) Go you!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Someone at work called me skinny. (Not even close, but appreciate the compliment.) And then someone else at work said that my hard work is really paying off.

Made it back to workout this morning after taking a rest day yesterday due to leg soreness. I cannot believe how out of sorts I was yesterday because of not working out! Just so much happier today because I was at the gym this morning.
  • CraftyPants77
    CraftyPants77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was told this morning that my BMI has dropped to below the level of "anesthesia risk". Didn't even know that was a thing! Still pretty awesome though! =)
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I reached the end of my walking trail without meaning to. Apparently it's 4 miles long!

Also heard this week: "Man, you're shrinking." and "Jeeze, you're getting small."

Yay for NSVs!
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did day two of "ripped in 30" today. Nothing brilliant about that. But, I started yesterday and was embarrassed at how tough I found it. My gym closes for the Summer, and I have done NO EXERCISE since then....(and before you say "WTF: YOUR GYM CLOSES FOR THE SUMMER?!?" - it's just a symptom of where I live, OK!). Before the Summer, I was in good shape and really hammered all my classes. Anyway, after day one of RI30 yesterday, I was not only stupidly sore, I was also downbeat because I realised just how out of shape a few short months of doing nothing had made me and that I would have to work all the way back up from the bottom again.

I didn't want to. I hurt. But I did day two. And that is my NSV today.

Day 3 tomorrow. :smile:
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 from the past 24 hours...

Last night after work I completed my 2nd 10K for the month of August just because and I've shaved 2 minutes off my first 10K attempt. With that said I think I'll attempt another 10K in 12 days which will give me 3 of them for the month of August.

This morning my belt was too big, no holes left to make it any tighter either.
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My husband gave me a beautiful diamond tennis bracelet a few years ago that never fit me right, they are supposed to be a little lose and this one was tight on my wrist it fit but I could barely wear it. I was looking for something else in my jewelry box last night and saw the bracelet and decided to try it on and guess what? It fit, was loose and not tight anymore! WOO HOO not sure if smaller wrists are a NSV but I'll take it!

Love the surprise ones that creep up on you to show how far you've come. That's awesome.
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was out for my morning walk in the neighborhood across the main road. On my way back, I spotted a bare-chested, mid-20s guy, very tan and with some ink. I crossed the street into my neighborhood and noticed a few minutes later that he was following me. When I noticed him, he asked, "Hey, do you smoke?" and I said, "No, sorry." Without missing a beat, he goes, "Hey, are you single?" To which, sadly, I had to say, "No, sorry." He turned around and walked back towards the main road. He had just come into my neighborhood to talk to me.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It's casual Friday today at work so I can wear jeans. The pair I have on today are normally the ones I have to wear around the house and dance around in before going out when they come out from the dryer (ladies y'all know what I'm talking about). Today, I just put them on and zipped, without feeling like I have to suck in or like I'm rocking an epic muffin top.

I'm also wearing a L tank top from Old Navy under my jacket today. Granted, it's a super stretchy tank but it's still nice to not see that X before the L :happy: .

I'll be honest when I say those are both big surprises. I just moved recently and between work, moving stress, and not being able to cook at home so eating out a lot, when I unpacked my scale it said I had put on 5 lbs :noway: ! As of last Sunday I was back to just 0.6 lb above my last official weigh in. Phew lol. BUT now that I AM officially in my new place, I'm back to cooking all my meals and can now start going to the gym with my sister :smile: .
  • SmartForAGirl
    SmartForAGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and I think I see progress but then I wonder if I'm just imagining it because I want to see progress so badly. I thought my sides looked slimmer but then I decided it was just wishful thinking. Later I was riding the bike at the gym and a woman I see there sometimes came over and told me she saw from from across the room and she could tell I had lost weight, especially in my sides. It felt so nice to have my observations confirmed. Also, I'm really thankful for a gym where the ladies are all very kind and encouraging.
  • Thimbelinda
    Thimbelinda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When hospitalized this week, I wore a regular Johnny and used a regular bp cuff. I'll take that positive NSV out of a negative situation.
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started back with MFP this week Tuesday - I worked out for 4 days in a row - even when I barely wanted to get out of bed!!!

I chose grapes versus chips last night and I chose eating at home versus running through drive through as I was home by myself - that made me proud of me as previously the choice would have been so the opposite!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

...and I chose eating at home versus running through drive through as I was home by myself - that made me proud of me as previously the choice would have been so the opposite!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!! :)

That is a big one!! Super cool!

I had a couple of similar experiences this week...my husband was out of town. He is the main cook in our house, and a huge positive influence on me, and while he was away instead of grabbing a fast food lunch I still went home and cooked healthier things for myself. On Tuesday night, I had purposely squirreled away LOTS of extra calories so I could enjoy a girls' night out with friends. We went to a Mexican restaurant and I ordered one of the healthiest entrées. My friends got margaritas but I didn't, because it just wasn't worth the calories to me and I knew I wanted something sweet. I could have stopped at the frozen custard place on my way home (about a 4 block trip home) and gone over by 200-300 calories to have a treat there...instead I drove a few miles in the other direction, walked around Target for an hour (not exercise but a FEW steps anyway) and treated myself to a 190 calorie Lindt chocolate bar instead. Was totally satisfied and ended my day under by about 90 cal.
  • change_4life
    change_4life Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This morning I turned down the bakery doughnuts at work and when I went out to lunch it was free cookie day at subway and I left without a cookie. Can you say willpower!
  • MelkaBielka
    MelkaBielka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a "test" dress and skirt in my closet that I try on periodically to test whether I am becoming smaller or not instead of relying on the scale (up and down) and my mirror (it lies like a *kitten*). For the first time in months, maybe a year, I can zip both articles closed without issue. Dress fits perfectly and skirt fits. Almost there. Abs really are made in the kitchen.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My Hawaiian shirt fits. It hasn't fit in at least 10 years.
  • MelkaBielka
    MelkaBielka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    totally an NSV, outsiders who have no vested interest in your happiness noticed the change. Regardless of why they think it happened, it happened and you know it was your hard work and dedication to making yourself healthy and happy. Just wait till they see you again ;)
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSVs!!! WTG!!

My dh commented that my butt looked great this week...not one to normally see it myself, I checked it after my shower today, in a pair of previously too small panties, and it did look much better -higher and kind of rounded! Wow! I'm flat wide butt lady normally! Go squats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!