Replies

• civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Le sigh
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You guys are on your way to a long, healthy marriage it sounds like!

That's what I was thinking.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think.....

I can't even....
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

Is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong of me to in a way refuse him to get a lean body?!

Yes.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I can't make heads or tails of these posts. Now, where is that decoder ring? I know I left it around here somewhere. *rustle rustle*

If you find it, will you please loan it to me? I thought we are talking about chubby chasers but now it appears we're talking about pulled pork.

Sure, but it might cost you a pulled pork sammich.
  • enedinaalba
    Options
    Im on here cus I want to lose weight and get skinnier. My husband wants to too but I dont want him to... I have seen pics of when he was skinney and not attractive to me... I told him I didnt want him to lose weight but iF he truely wanted it then to just lift weights and replace the fat with muscle and not run or ride bikes cus that will just get him thin.... I have always been attracted to heavy set men no really mucle wise ... but that lumber jack look ... but i would take him all ripped out then thin ....Is it wrong of me to in a way refuse him to get a lean body?!

It's wrong, but I'm right there with you. I don't find "skinny" men attractive either. My husband has a tummy & big, broad shoulders. He carries his weight really well. He's built like a football player:D. When he hugs me I feel safe and protected. I don't want to be bigger than my man lol. I wouldn't give him a hard time about it though because it wouldn't be fair if he gave you a hard time about wanting to get fit. Chances are you probably won't even notice it all that much since you see one another everyday. You'll gradually get used to it, I would assume.

I mean I didnt give him a hard time.. the topic came up yesterday and I told him my honest opinion but said whatever you do im here for you ... im not with my husband for just his looks I will still love him no matter what... just I kinda felt like maybe it was a moment of not giving my opinion and just supporting him and should of kept my mouth shut kind of thing....
  • gcarterIT
    gcarterIT Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    " Chances are you probably won't even notice it all that much since you see one another everyday. You'll gradually get used to it, I would assume."

Good point.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I agree with he last thing you said OP. It was a just-keep-your-mouth-shut-and-support-him kind of moment.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    OP,

Just read your profile:
    "I want to feel good about myself. When your overweight its hard to believe that your significant other is truely happy with your apperance.... though he is upset he says he doesnt want me to lose weight.... I think its more of a jealousy issue..... "

You're claiming that your husband has jealousy issues because he doesn't want you to lose weight.... using that same logic... is this a jealousy issue that you are having?
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You should both just compulsively spoon feed each other. That way neither of you will be jealous and you won't have to prevent him from leaving the house like he's a beer hunting toddler.
  • enedinaalba
    Options
    OP,

Just read your profile:
    "I want to feel good about myself. When your overweight its hard to believe that your significant other is truely happy with your apperance.... though he is upset he says he doesnt want me to lose weight.... I think its more of a jealousy issue..... "

You're claiming that your husband has jealousy issues because he doesn't want you to lose weight.... using that same logic... is this a jealousy issue that you are having?

I dont have that much of jealous issues or I wouldnt be good friends with his ex wife and I wouldnt be ok with them talking about things becides their kids...
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Im on here cus I want to lose weight and get skinnier. My husband wants to too but I dont want him to... I have seen pics of when he was skinney and not attractive to me... I told him I didnt want him to lose weight but iF he truely wanted it then to just lift weights and replace the fat with muscle and not run or ride bikes cus that will just get him thin.... I have always been attracted to heavy set men no really mucle wise ... but that lumber jack look ... but i would take him all ripped out then thin ....Is it wrong of me to in a way refuse him to get a lean body?!
    . If he is your husband you should love him regardless of his body type, and be attracted to him either way.

People cannot force themselves to find a certain look attractive, we can pretend, but that's not doing anyone any favours.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality.

Open your eyes,
    Look up to the skies and see.......

and this post makes me look like this O_o ...what the actual fluck.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I can't make heads or tails of these posts. Now, where is that decoder ring? I know I left it around here somewhere. *rustle rustle*

If you find it, will you please loan it to me? I thought we are talking about chubby chasers but now it appears we're talking about pulled pork.

Ask your wife first, I think she has to give you permission, er her opinion. But you can ignore her opinion.

I think.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Ask your wife first, I think she has to give you permission, er her opinion. But you can ignore her opinion.

I think.

Or you can shut your mouth and just give them support. But who cannot support a good pulled pork sammich?
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't do cardiovascular workouts and just weight lifts he would actually get bigger. No such thing as turning fat into muscle that's why men who are looking to get fit, cut then bulk for their muscle. All it would do is cause muscle to build under the fat, it would do him no good not to run, walk or even diet. I think if he is your husband you should be past the physical phase and focus more on him as a person and his health. Looks don't last and even before they go, it still isn't enough to sustain a happy relationship. I think if he really wants this, what you want as it doesn't sound like it's about him at all but about you only, that should be put on the back burner and support him as much as you want the support for your journey.

Um no. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. It doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do, or if you do any exercise at all.

You're taking a completely different aspect of what I am saying here. I wasn't saying that at all, I said he would lose but he would build muscle under fat, that you can't turn fat into muscle, you have to burn the fat, whether that be by running, walking OR DIET. Eventually, he wouldn't lose anymore without cardio and DIET. Aside from that statement, you need both cardio and strength training, you cant just do strength training and expect to lose, initially any type of workout will make someone who is normally sedentary lose weight but you will hit a plateau. You can only go down in your calories so much and burn so much from strength training alone. A well rounded exercise regimen is needed to get the best results possible and cardio is excellent for cardiovascular health, stamina and neuro function as well as longevity, losing weight isn't the only goal here.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My thought on the subject is, I'm losing weight FOR MYSELF. I don't take a poll on why I should or shouldn't. It's no one else's business (as long as I'm doing so in a safe and healthy manner).

I'm sorry to say, would you REALLY not be attracted to your husband if he lost weight? I'm an old married gal myself, and while my husband has put on about 75lbs in that time, I still find him extremely attractive.

(fyi: he was 145-150 lbs when we married, and now weighs anywhere from 210-225). Still sexy as hell to me!