Carbs Out = Lot Calories Left

Options
Hi! There are diets low carbs or no carbs at all. I am not following any diet, but I decided to take the carbs out from my diet for a while in order to loose weight. The problem is I am not making my calories daily goal, specially if I sport.

Question: What do you suggest me to eat?

Today, for example:
* Breakfast: Skimmed milk with All-Bran Fibres Flakes (aprox. 250 cal)
* Lunch: 60 gr of Grilled Fish (oven) with olive oil and salad (aprox. 150 cal)
* Afternoon snack: Protein bar ( 90 calories) and one 0% fat yoghurt (60 cal.)
* Dinner: 45 gr of Tuna (can) and vegetables stir-fry (both aprox. 210 cal)
* Extras: 3 Walnuts and a thin slice of pizza (29gr)
The extras already happen because I only had approximately 760 calories, what is still few even on a 1200 calories diet. Plus I spent 300 calories in exercise. My day calories was 813.

Before I was eating few and when I had more, I would gain weight. Since I doing the healthy diet of 1200 calories, I have been loosing weight but still very very slow.

Please, give me some suggestions.

Replies

• leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    But you're still eating carbs, are you just going lower carb then or what?

If you add more fruits through out the day then you might add some calories, or you could always just stop exercising while you're going lower carb.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the the enemy.

Here's some information that might help

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hence the reason why low carb causes people to lose weight. They are eating less calories by avoiding high calorie high carb foods. Also the reason why many people gain weight back when they stop eating low carb because they are again eating high calorie high carb foods.

Or something like that.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I also do low carb and some days find it hard to meet my calorie goal. I'll have a few slices of cheese or a couple oz of peanuts. That'll sometimes get me there. Good luck.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, cheese, or more than 3 walnuts
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Why on earth did you have 29 grams of pizza?

Just eat more food - it's not rocket science - eat a bigger portion of fish and tuna, 6 walnuts instead of 3 - hell have 12.

You're eating tiny portions of food - of course you can't hit your calorie goal :noway:

Seriously 16g of cherry tomato - what is that, one tomato?
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Increase portion sizes!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I would guess you are eating more than you think you are if you are losing slowly at 1200 calories (or are 4'2")

Eat more food, before your hair falls out, nails get brittle, etc. etc. etc.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    The problem is doing low carb and low fat. Those do not go together. If you want to stay lower carb, you need to raise your fats to compensate.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm low carbing as well. I get my carbs from fruits & veggies. I try to eat a serving of almonds or peanuts during the day and that helps get the calories up. Cheese is another way. You could also use salad dressing or mix up some balsamic w/EVOO too.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You still are eating carbs ... but if it's the lower carb that you want, that's okay.

Change out skim milk for 2% or whole
    add cheese to lunch and/or dinner
    add an egg to your breakfast
    eat meats that have more fat sometimes (pork & beef that aren't trimmed down to nothing)
    nuts - more of them!
    avocado!!
    etc
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk has lots of added sugar and is not healthy. I suggest you drink grass fed, whole milk instead. And, have bacon and eggs for breakfast, not carb rich cereal. If you eat the right foods, you don't need to count calories because you'll eat the right amount automatically.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you're still eating quite a fair amount of carbs. Carbs are not the debil. You need them for fuel. There is no reason to cut them out.

Eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and the weight will come off.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I used to be a big skim milk guy, but I moved to a 1% or 2% milk instead. I find that the little bit of fat makes milk more satisfying. Adds a few more calories to boot. I've also been reading more and more that suggests too little fat can actually hurt your cardiovascular system long term. Fat consumption doesn't mean more fat on your body.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Why on earth did you have 29 grams of pizza?

Just eat more food - it's not rocket science - eat a bigger portion of fish and tuna, 6 walnuts instead of 3 - hell have 12.

You're eating tiny portions of food - of course you can't hit your calorie goal :noway:

Seriously 16g of cherry tomato - what is that, one tomato?

This is pretty much what I was thinking...
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk has lots of added sugar and is not healthy. I suggest you drink grass fed, whole milk instead. And, have bacon and eggs for breakfast, not carb rich cereal. If you eat the right foods, you don't need to count calories because you'll eat the right amount automatically.

Yeah I just bet this works wonderfully for everyone!!! oh wait. why are you here then?
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I don't think so...
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    If you eat the right foods, you don't need to count calories because you'll eat the right amount automatically.

If only it were that easy, but no that doesn't really work. It might work for 10% of the population but generally speaking, no.

If you decide to go low-carb, then make up the calories lost from carbs with more fat calories. Eggs, adding olive / coconut oil to foods, less lean meat, nuts, etc., are all ways to make up those calories. Remember, Carbs are 4 calories / 1 gram and Fats are 9 calories per 1 gram, so it's very very easy to compensate for the loss in carbs.

Carbs are not the enemy by any means, but they can be if you have poor insulin sensitivity. A short-term keto diet isn't a bad idea to help improve one's insulin sensitivity. Maintaining a low-carb diet, unless you're in a region that does not have grains, certain vegetables, and fruits, is likely not maintainable long-term.