The Stages of the MFP Woman

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm in stage 2 moving to stage 3, except not worried about the lifting weights and getting bulky part. I'm more a "when I get better at using my own body weight exercises and have more money, I want a gym membership so I can lift weights!"

The more money part being a huge part of that. :(

I do body weight too. It's a lot of fun and so much easier to work into my life than gym time. There are people on here with killer results from doing little else!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm at step six. Despite being a man I really dig my Wonder Woman costume. I'm also strangely into Word Girl, which is kind the midway point between Wonder Woman and Super Girl with an intellectual bent.

Halloween-costume-3-wonder-woman-man-facebook.jpg

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Love it!

I mean... *looks innocent* I have never seen Word Girl and Captain Huggy Face fight off Doctor Two Brains....

*wanders off*
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Love it!

For me it was:

Stage 1: I workout pretty hard pretty regularly and eat mostly healthy; why am I not thinner??? A lot of trainers at the gym log all their food. They get amazing results, so I'll give it a try.

Stage 2: Trying to eat just the 1200 calories that mfp put me at. Wow. I pretty much have no calories left after 6p. This is hard, and yet it's working so well! I'm losing weight every week.

Stage 3: This is great! I'm losing weight, but 1200 is hard, so going to up my calories to 1300. Cool, this is a little easier, and I'm still losing weight. People keep telling me I've lost weight and asking what I've been doing.

Stage 4: Basically Stage 3 until I get up to a goal of 1500 calories. I can do this. No problem. I got this.

Stage 5: Hmmm, I'm no longer losing weight, but this is probably a good maintenance weight for me. Lots of people tell me, "Hey, don't lose any more weight.

yep, this for me.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Step 3 & 1/2..... Delete first MFP account and recreate a new one, because in the old one I said a bunch of dumb stuff where I had not idea what I was talking about... Slowly learned that I was wrong and didn't want to be tied to the things I previously said.

... just a newbie here.. *awkward laugh*
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Step 3 & 1/2..... Delete first MFP account and recreate a new one, because in the old one I said a bunch of dumb stuff where I had not idea what I was talking about... Slowly learned that I was wrong and didn't want to be tied to the things I previously said.

... just a newbie here.. *awkward laugh*

LOL. I've considered it, but it's easier having no credibility. Setting a nice low bar means that I can have an off-day and it doesn't even matter. :)
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    LOVE this thread!!

Now which stage am I? I'm definitely in my groove. Maybe I'm a stage 3 - including becoming a 'treat snob' :)
    I have thought about adding strength, and have toyed with You Are Your Own Gym, it's not bulking that worries me, lol have read enough of mfp for that, but it just bores me. Although I did take a bikini photo of my 'during'.... Lol I have yet to be called a bully.
    I have some stage 5 - I've dropped 2 dress sizes depending on the brand. I have had ice cream tonight and most definitely agree not to cut out any loved food. It's funny cause it's me that attributes my weight loss to luck and/or my genes. Guess I should stop that.
    I have become more spurred on to improve my swimming, and have just joined a gym with a pool... My goal to swim 1 length of a 25m pool doing front crawl will be mine!
  • raqueldaisy
    raqueldaisy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on #4... still can't post the bikini pic, but I am comfortable in crop tops!! :)

This is great!! Love it!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    LOVE this thread!!

Now which stage am I? I'm definitely in my groove. Maybe I'm a stage 3 - including becoming a 'treat snob' :)
    I have thought about adding strength, and have toyed with You Are Your Own Gym, it's not bulking that worries me, lol have read enough of mfp for that, but it just bores me. Although I did take a bikini photo of my 'during'.... Lol I have yet to be called a bully.
    I have some stage 5 - I've dropped 2 dress sizes depending on the brand. I have had ice cream tonight and most definitely agree not to cut out any loved food. It's funny cause it's me that attributes my weight loss to luck and/or my genes. Guess I should stop that.
    I have become more spurred on to improve my swimming, and have just joined a gym with a pool... My goal to swim 1 length of a 25m pool doing front crawl will be mine!

If you get serious about swimming, you'll do cross-training to support that as a natural progression. Sounds like you're winning all over.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Pretty unrealistic timeline there. This is much, much more realistic and common:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fivethreeone/view/my-journey-or-blog-posts-and-forum-topics-the-first-month-560981
    Day 1: THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!! I'm gonna make it happen this time!!! Vacation is in 7 weeks and I want to look hot and amaze everyone. I've got this!! YAY!!

Day 2: Friend me for motivation!!! I'd love to have more moms that are 5'4" and in their 30s that can do this with me. Let's do this everyone!

Day 3: Who wants to do some Jillian Michaels with me?!?! I saw a friend on Instagram mention it and she looks amazing.

Day 4: I think I lost two pounds SUCCESS STORY PARTY!

Day 5: I'm super cranky but I can't eat my 1200 calories anymore, not even in cake, because sugar.

Days 6-10: HALP, IT'S A PLATEAU!!!!!! I've been sticking with this program for a week and only lost two pounds.

Day 11: Lost half a pound guise, so good to break that plateau!

Day 12: I hate Jillian Michaels. No workout today. Felt bad because no workout, binged on two apples. Guilt consumes me. Am I the only one?

Day 15: Trying this TDEE thing! Love all the extra calories! I'm going to eat an extra South Beach diet bar today.

Day 16: Up half a pound again, TDEE is bogus.

Day 17: How about a cleanse? My insides feel cleaner already! Can you believe that the human body has 7 pounds of poop in it? Which cleanse worked best for you? Can I do these every week?

Day 21: Went to dinner with a friend. I ordered fish and a light salad but she ordered cheese sticks for appetizers and only ate one so I had to eat the other six. Sabotage, right? She is jealous and wants me to stay fat.

Day 22: I want to eat all the foods, hold me back! Can you exercise during TOM?! Is this extra weight water or is it the cheese sticks from last night? What's everyone's favorite chocolate? Wait, don't tell me. Someone who is not me might see it and be tempted.

Day 23:

Day 24:

Day 25: User has not logged in for three days, she may need some encouragement

Day 27: ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME AT ALL? No, not that one.

Day 30: Maybe next year will be my year.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Pretty unrealistic timeline there. This is much, much more realistic and common:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fivethreeone/view/my-journey-or-blog-posts-and-forum-topics-the-first-month-560981

Wasn't a timeline....

That's a pretty common alternate path :laugh:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Little different order (started with weight lifting), and if I'm eating bacon you can bet it's the real thing, but I'm totally a treat snob and can relate to most of the rest. Won't be sporting a bikini ever but I'm all about the superhero costume.

edit: typo
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    between stages 2 and 3 for me!! Cant wait to get to 7 --- whatever that may be
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I'm at Stage 3.95. No bikini pic yet, put I do sport a pretty hawt *kitten* (if I may say so myself).
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Stage 3.89!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Love it! I am in stage 3 right now, but not concerned with bulking up d/t strength training. I'm bulky now...it's called fat. I do want to start strength training..I just need to figure out how to work gym trips into my schedule :)
    P.S.-Stage 4 is my goal..if I ever reach Stage 5 I will be so amazed I'll probably die

Yeah, me too. And I've got arm/leg/oblique definition now. I use the word "gains." When the hell did that happen?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Day 1: THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!! I'm gonna make it happen this time!!! Vacation is in 7 weeks and I want to look hot and amaze everyone. I've got this!! YAY!!

Day 2: Friend me for motivation!!! I'd love to have more moms that are 5'4" and in their 30s that can do this with me. Let's do this everyone!

Day 3: Who wants to do some Jillian Michaels with me?!?! I saw a friend on Instagram mention it and she looks amazing.

Day 4: I think I lost two pounds SUCCESS STORY PARTY!

Day 5: I'm super cranky but I can't eat my 1200 calories anymore, not even in cake, because sugar.

Days 6-10: HALP, IT'S A PLATEAU!!!!!! I've been sticking with this program for a week and only lost two pounds.

Day 11: Lost half a pound guise, so good to break that plateau!

Day 12: I hate Jillian Michaels. No workout today. Felt bad because no workout, binged on two apples. Guilt consumes me. Am I the only one?

Day 15: Trying this TDEE thing! Love all the extra calories! I'm going to eat an extra South Beach diet bar today.

Day 16: Up half a pound again, TDEE is bogus.

Day 17: How about a cleanse? My insides feel cleaner already! Can you believe that the human body has 7 pounds of poop in it? Which cleanse worked best for you? Can I do these every week?

Day 21: Went to dinner with a friend. I ordered fish and a light salad but she ordered cheese sticks for appetizers and only ate one so I had to eat the other six. Sabotage, right? She is jealous and wants me to stay fat.

Day 22: I want to eat all the foods, hold me back! Can you exercise during TOM?! Is this extra weight water or is it the cheese sticks from last night? What's everyone's favorite chocolate? Wait, don't tell me. Someone who is not me might see it and be tempted.

Day 23:

Day 24:

Day 25: User has not logged in for three days, she may need some encouragement

Day 27: ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME AT ALL? No, not that one.

Day 30: Maybe next year will be my year.

Truth!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Wondering how I'm going to fit in making a super hero costume with all the other stuff I'm doing now that I'm more fit...

ETA: more, because I'm not there yet. Of course I skipped the whole lifting thing. Might have to try some of that during the winter.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Wondering how I'm going to fit in making a super hero costume with all the other stuff I'm doing now that I'm more fit...

ETA: more, because I'm not there yet. Of course I skipped the whole lifting thing. Might have to try some of that during the winter.

When you are ready, your costume will find you. :)

And, don't be silly, everybody's a work in progress.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    None of this fits me. Still not a stereotype!
    JaymaHooray.gif