Do you become lazy when you are on period?

Options

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    No. I don't let TOM stop me from doing the things that I do any other day of the month.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I just usually factor in a rest day for it..I feel crappy, do a little bit of extra walking around on that day but don't ''work out''. I just do what my body wants me to. Crippled with pain, crazy heavy flow..may as well just take the one day to rest my body :-)
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I don't use my period as an excuse. It's just a normal day for me and I carry on as usual.

article-0-0F1468C100000578-288_468x313.jpg

My waist band felt constricting just looking at that
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I used to take off the whole week of my period from working out. Now I don't do that anymore and find my periods to be lighter and more manageable. I still get the I feel really fat days, like today. But I work through it despite the scale being up a few pounds. I try and not over eat on carbs, and drink as much water as possible. Seems to work for me so far.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Not lazy, but I want to friggin eat everything!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to get lazy, because if I do too much, accidents happen.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    the week before, i just eat everything...and i'm more tired....nothing satisfies. AT ALL.
  • AydensMom37
    Options
    Don't you feel week though when you get period?
    I don't feel like a full week, I just feel more like a Monday.
    2057_zpsb4fe2744.gif

I almost spit my water out LOL :laugh:
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No, I still do the same exercise and for the same length of time but I do feel pretty tired by the end of the day (more then normal)
    My cramps disappeared after having kids so that certainly helps!!! And exercise helps with my PMS!!!
  • AydensMom37
    Options
    I'm usually pretty tired the couple of days before and I want to eat anything Buffalo Wing flavored...
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Don't you feel week though when you get period?

No, I feel month though.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    newp not lazy. I get in pain sometimes though which limits my movements, after I had a child and had contraction pain in my thighs not in my stomach or back but frickin thighs, now I have pain in my thighs extending down to my knees for the first 3 days of my period every month. So I load up on otc pain meds and that cuts it down to a dull ache, sometimes I have to power through because I work, I always kind of hope it starts on a friday evening though so I can just take it easy over the weekend and put my legs up on my couch and lie on my floor when it gets really bad that helps a little bit too.
  • Dragonhero
    Options
    Yes! I become so lazy and because my hormones go a little crazy I have cravings and eat more than usual. It's okay because once its over I'll just hit the gym again. It's okay to take breaks, its not like if you dnt go to the gym everyday that you will gain all ur weight back, Thats the great thing about exercise!
  • yakira30
    Options
    For sure...... even when I workout on my period my body just feels like I am dragging myself to keep up, I also tend to get more sweet cravings it sucks.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I don't use my period as an excuse. It's just a normal day for me and I carry on as usual.

article-0-0F1468C100000578-288_468x313.jpg

giggle snort :laugh:
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    not lazy so much as just exhausted to my bones the day before or day of. sometimes a few days before. and the carb cravings. oh god it's brutal. the day of or after i snap right back and feel great.
    the cramps settle into my right hip though. that' started in the last couple of years. yoga helps a little for that. but mostly it's just sugar and a nap.
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    mines late due to stress and other things this month and ive been super bloated and cramped already... no idea when its coming but im feeling soooo sluggish and unmotivated ive gone over my calories for the last couple days and have skipped a couple workouts this week. not happy about it at all ... but genuinely feeling crappy and really thought all the exercise might help more with all the cramping. no way am i gonna weigh in this week for sure
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    my life keeps happening regardless. So unless I'm seriously puking in a bucket while I'm sh!tting in the toilet... my tuuckus is out the door at dance, work and gym.
    No rest for the wicked.